PDA

View Full Version : Parcells losing his touch at Dallas?

Mr. Miyagi
02-22-2005, 01:36 PM
I'm starting to wonder how badly this will all end for Bill Parcells. His brief tenure with the Cowboys is already taking misguided turns -- there's no way he can seriously consider Drew Bledsoe as the answer for what ailed a 6-10 team last season -- but there will certainly be more decisions that will leave us shaking our heads. Call it intuition. The unquestioned faith Parcells inspired in so many other franchises isn't in Dallas right now.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/jeffri_chadiha/02/22/chadiha.parcells/index.html?cnn=yes

Is he falling out of favor over there?

OpIv37
02-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Drew Henson and Vinny Testaverde. Enough said.

Mudflap1
02-22-2005, 01:42 PM
LOL -- I would have thought there was no way we'd consider J.P. Losman (looks like, sounds like, plays like Rob Johnson) as the uncontested starter this soon...

Jon

MadCardDisease
02-22-2005, 01:46 PM
Parcell's first season in Dallas was a fluke. That team is in disarray especially on the offense. The only thing keeping them competative is a couple playmakers on the defense.

Dallas makes me want to puke. America's team, yeah right! Only when they are winning.
:puke:

The Natrix
02-22-2005, 01:48 PM
Mods, please move this to the NFL forum. Thanks.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-22-2005, 01:56 PM
LOL -- I would have thought there was no way we'd consider J.P. Losman (looks like, sounds like, plays like Rob Johnson) as the uncontested starter this soon...

Jon

Man, I really hate when people assume JP will fail because he somewhat resembles RJ.

Mr. Miyagi
02-22-2005, 01:58 PM
Mods, please move this to the NFL forum. Thanks.
:rofl:

I'm a mod, and there's no NFL forum anymore LOL

Mr. Miyagi
02-22-2005, 01:59 PM
Man, I really hate when people assume JP will fail because he somewhat resembles RJ.
JP looks nothing like RJ. He looks more like Adam Sandler than anyone.

don137
02-22-2005, 02:07 PM
I've been sayiong for a while that Parcells is overrated and nothing without Bellicheck as his DC...

Mudflap1
02-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Once again, everyone misses my point. Yes, Losman LOOKS like Adam Sandler facially and otherwise, but his playing style is VERY Rob Johnson. It is, you can't deny that. Tall guy, slender, in good physical (gym) shape, scrambles a lot, takes a lot of sacks, strong arm, has the same So Cal kinda laid-back swagger that Johnson did. Does this guy remind any of you of the next Jim Kelly? Not that he has to be, he just has be J.P. Losman, but does he seem like he's got guts of steel, savvy, knowledge of the GAME (not book smarts, street smarts), and moxie? Yeah, maybe he develops it in time, I sure hope he does, but I just don't see it. Even with a young Kelly, Marino, or Elway, you could see that 'magic', that 'x-factor' about them that made them leaders and winners. I just don't see that with Losman, I see another Rob Johnson who doesn't like the cold and the criticism.

With the Patriots still looking good, Miami changing coaches and looking to be aggressive, and the Jets looking to upgrade tremendously by trading for Randy Moss among other things, I'm just not enamored by going with J.P. Losman as our big strategy on how we'll compete in the division. I'm all for canning Drew, but I think everyone is seriously overestimating Losman by saying "he can't be any worse than Drew". Guess what? He can be. Drew wasn't all that great last year, but he has had a pretty darn good career overall, and at times played well, or at least well enough last year.

That all being said, if Donahoe seriously upgrades some other major positions, it will help a lot, but L.J. Shelton (a 'nice' pickup I guess, cheap at least) instead of a stud on the line isn't my idea of upgrading. Yes, it's super early in the offseason, and we'll see what happens, but this will no doubt be Tom Donahoe's make or break season with the Bills, and make no mistake about it, if Losman doesn't pan out, it will be his waterloo. He's taking an awfully big career risk on this guy.

It just looks like last place in the AFC East to me...

And for the record, I don't give a crap if Losman looks like Bozo the Clown if he can play football. I hope he can or we are totally screwed. TOTALLY.

Jon

Novacane
02-22-2005, 03:26 PM

:bf1: :posrep: your way!

Valerie
02-22-2005, 03:30 PM
I'm starting to wonder how badly this will all end for Bill Parcells. His brief tenure with the Cowboys is already taking misguided turns -- there's no way he can seriously consider Drew Bledsoe as the answer for what ailed a 6-10 team last season -- but there will certainly be more decisions that will leave us shaking our heads. Call it intuition. The unquestioned faith Parcells inspired in so many other franchises isn't in Dallas right now.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/jeffri_chadiha/02/22/chadiha.parcells/index.html?cnn=yes

Is he falling out of favor over there?
To be honest, I'm not all that impressed with Parcells and what's he's done with the Cowboys. I think he made a HUGE mistake getting rid of Quincy Carter and signing Vinny Testaverde. And, if he's really serious about Drew Beldsoe, I think he should be fired now. Next thing you know he'll be looking for Rob Johnson to sign. :rofl:

Kerr
02-22-2005, 04:27 PM
J.P. is Johnny Utah. If anyone saw Point Break you know what I mean. That's his new alias. So what if he looks and plays like RJ? Means nothing. He hasn't even played a full year yet.

jamze132
02-22-2005, 05:09 PM
It's not fair to JP to mention JP Losman and Rob Johnson in the same sentence. Rob was really bad!

Mudflap1
02-22-2005, 05:26 PM
It's not fair to JP to mention JP Losman and Rob Johnson in the same sentence. Rob was really bad!
Fair enough, because he's unproven. But then why is it fair to speculate that J.P. will be better than Michael Vick? Michael Vick (not the greatest passer) is a pretty darn good football player and has taken his team to the playoffs twice, winning games.

As far as I'm concerned, Losman is just another quarterback who hasn't earned his stripes. We'll see how terrific or how horrific he'll be in the next year or two. But it's a mistake to put in ANY unproven player, and not give him any real competition, even if the organization's plan is for him to win the job and start.

Jon