PDA

View Full Version : Titans Cut 6

mightyspaz
02-22-2005, 01:47 PM
Titans cut Carter, Rolle, Mason, three others

NFL.com wire reports

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Feb. 21, 2005) -- Receiver Derrick Mason and cornerback Samari Rolle were among six players released by the Tennessee Titans in an effort to get under the NFL salary cap.

In addition to Mason and Rolle, the Titans released starting defensive lineman Kevin Carter and right tackle Fred Miller. They also cut fullback Robert Holcombe and kicker Joe Nedney.

Article (http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/TEN/8216159)

Just a possibility .... Rolle? ... I know McGee has really stepped up and we have a rediculous amount of secondary representation and he'd probably be expensive, but ... Maybe he'd be a nice option and McGee could concentrate on ST.
OR, ...
Nedney ... Lindell has GOT to go. Nedney's good. Why not? ...
Just a thought :beer:

Iehoshua
02-22-2005, 02:01 PM
As long as Nedney is healthy, he would be a huge upgrade. I'd take Rolle too but I doubt we're looking to spend big bucks on a corner, and Samari is going to command some $$$ I'd bet...

Tatonka
02-22-2005, 02:07 PM
i dont see any way we need to spend money on another cb.. i like what we have.. i know alot of you are not high on mcgee.. but he has shown abilitly.. he has gotten turnovers.. he just isnt great yet.. give the kid time.

i dont think it will be an issue.. because mularkey liked mcgee so much that he went ahead and moved vincent to fs..

kevin thomas is not a bad back up either.. we are ok.. we need to lock down nate before we spend on another cb.. rolle is not dieon sanders anyway..

Earthquake Enyart
02-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Agreed on Rolle. Too much for a guy about to start his downhill slide.

Maybe Miller? :?:

OpIv37
02-22-2005, 02:26 PM
I don't particularly care for any of these guys- most of them would be decent additions but I don't see a huge role for them in Buffalo (with the exception of Nedney).

I'm just laughing at how bad the Titans will SUCK next year.

Ickybaluky
02-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Kevin Carter will be the most sought after guy of that lot, because he plays a premium position and can pressure the QB. However, reportedly the Titans have already worked out a deal to re-sign Carter.

OpIv37
02-22-2005, 02:42 PM
I think Mason will generate a lot of interest- several teams need WR's- Washington (now that Coles is gone), Baltimore, maybe Miami and Minnesota if Moss leaves.