PDA

View Full Version : So much for franchising Jennings :(

Marvelous
02-22-2005, 02:35 PM
3:37 with a 4:00 deadline. Not likely :-(
Maybe we will just sign him and have he or Shelton play LG or JJ @C and Teague @LG.

OpIv37
02-22-2005, 02:38 PM
I doubt we trade for Shelton and keep JJ. He's gone- just use the cap space to re-sign Pat Williams.

OpIv37
02-22-2005, 02:39 PM
also don't worry about the 1st- the draft is weak this year and we have a good corps of young talent.

THATHURMANATOR
02-22-2005, 03:04 PM
I doubt we trade for Shelton and keep JJ. He's gone- just use the cap space to re-sign Pat Williams.
Agreed.

THATHURMANATOR
02-22-2005, 03:05 PM
Jennings is not worth top 10 Tackle money!!! He is often injured and slightly undersized.

capitolneal
02-22-2005, 03:08 PM
Jennings is not worth top 10 Tackle money!!! He is often injured and slightly undersized.

I can't agree with you more, good when in there but oft injured thanks jj good luck

mysticsoto
02-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Just curious, how much is JJ making now??? I wouldn't say he's not top 10
Tackle worth. He is good, despite being unhealthy at times. I still remember in the 2nd Jets game, he completely took Abraham out of the game to the pt where he was a non-factor. I was very impressed with him that game. Nevertheless, we cannot break the bank on 1 player - the Patriots philosophy on compensation is what will take us to the superbowl. If we do like the Colts and give the huge reward to 1 person - other facets of the game will suffer!!!

jamze132
02-22-2005, 05:16 PM
Just curious, how much is JJ making now??? I wouldn't say he's not top 10
Tackle worth. He is good, despite being unhealthy at times. I still remember in the 2nd Jets game, he completely took Abraham out of the game to the pt where he was a non-factor. I was very impressed with him that game. Nevertheless, we cannot break the bank on 1 player - the Patriots philosophy on compensation is what will take us to the superbowl. If we do like the Colts and give the huge reward to 1 person - other facets of the game will suffer!!!
And Drew Bledsoe threw a block that took one person out too. Not raggin' on ya, just makin' a point. Jennings wasn't really all that dominate.

ShadowHawk7
02-22-2005, 06:02 PM
He nullified Jason Taylor twice, not sure how much of that is on him though.

Charlieguide
02-22-2005, 06:55 PM
Looks to me like TD wants to let JJ test the market. Donahoe probably has a price in mind, and I wouldn't be surprised if JJ's idea is much higher, maybe higher than he'll find on the market. I'm just not sold on Shelton, b/c Denny Green wasn't. Plus, didn't I read a recent TD quote about making major improvements along the OL? How is losing JJ -- no matter who you get -- an improvement?

At some point before draft day, I hope things come together. I'd like to see Shelton, JJ, Teague, Villarial, Williams. JJ backs up at T, and Tucker backs up at G/C.

BillsRockSOMUCH
02-22-2005, 07:13 PM
He nullified Jason Taylor twice, not sure how much of that is on him though.
Actually in our first game against the Fins, he was injured and it was Price who nullified Taylor.

BillsFever21
02-22-2005, 07:30 PM
If we had the cap space or a deal already in place I'm sure we would've.

We don't have the money to keep him around and be able to sign or re-sign any players till we unloaded him.

colin
02-23-2005, 02:41 AM
franchise is top 5 money, at the highest paid position in the NFL (LT gets mroe than QB) he would cost 8.4M if we franchise him.

Jennings is AT BEST a top 12 LT, and I don't think he is (good pass blocker, not so good run blocker, gets hurt) too far into that camp.

If we can put MW at LT, then there are a few guys we can put at RT, if we get a LG (whale) and a C (although TT is servicable, a beter one would not be too expensive) we all of a sudden have the best line in buffalo since kelly was tossing bombs.

couple that with a mobile qb, willis, moulds, evans, and hopefully some kind of TE emerges, and we have a solid solid O. dunno if we will be there this year, but we might be at the end of the season.

Marvelous
02-23-2005, 08:38 AM
Jennings is AT BEST a top 12 LT
Name 11 better LT's then JJ.

I agree he is notworth breaking the bank over. I wanted to trade his selfish @ss.

audio/s
02-23-2005, 08:46 AM
i think that ross tucker woud replace a lot of people on the line