X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billsouth
    • Jul 2002

We blew a 1st round for that!

the release of blew dedsoe is an admission that we made a mistake in giving up our 2003 1st for 3 years of him. i wonder what was td's worst move:

1. hiring manboobs
    2. trading #1 for blew dedsoe
    3. changing uniforms; or
    4. drafting josh reed and denney in teh 2nd round
    5. trading the #2, #5 last year and #1 this year for Losman

please note that i like td and believe that he has made plenty of good moves so lets not turn this into a thread of whether his good moves (tagging peerless; drafting willis; drafting lee evans; mcghee; etc.) outweigh his bad moves.

just interested in public opinion of the worst move.
    "once a raider always a raider"
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

1...Gregg Williams was the worst move
    2...Bledsoe didn't take us to the Promised land, true..part of that he was handcuffed his first 2 years here..majority of it...he just never had the consistency we needed...not a great move but not the worst
    3...no comment... Personally, I like 'em
    4...Reed was projected higher if I'm not mistaken. He, too, was crippled with Williams but he showed this year he just might not have it
    Denney...still productive...not great

draft is a crap shoot, to be honest
    5...way too early to tell. If JP pans out, it was a great move, if he flops, it was terrible
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
      2...Bledsoe didn't take us to the Promised land, true..part of that he was handcuffed his first 2 years here..majority of it...he just never had the consistency we needed...not a great move but not the worst
      Whether you realize it or not, this is the type of comment that perpetuates your Ostrich status. You couldn't just say "Drew was a major problem" and leave it at that. You had to make excuses by saying he was handcuffed, and then use kid gloves by saying he never had the "consistency" we needed. He was a major disappointment and did more harm to this team than good.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Well I guess I'm an ostrich then cause apparently that means I am able to notice more than the QB
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• regor
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsouth

This one does not even belong on your list. Unless you have a crystal ball!

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
            Whether you realize it or not, this is the type of comment that perpetuates your Ostrich status. You couldn't just say "Drew was a major problem" and leave it at that. You had to make excuses by saying he was handcuffed, and then use kid gloves by saying he never had the "consistency" we needed. He was a major disappointment and did more harm to this team than good.
            Does that shock you?

He has no problem saying other players suck without making excuses for them. Only Drew falls into that category.

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by regor
              This one does not even belong on your list. Unless you have a crystal ball!
              agreed...way too early to even think about that one. It could very well turn out to be a great trade

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Billsouth
                the release of blew dedsoe is an admission that we made a mistake in giving up our 2003 1st for 3 years of him. i wonder what was td's worst move:

1. hiring manboobs
                2. trading #1 for blew dedsoe
                3. changing uniforms; or
                4. drafting josh reed and denney in teh 2nd round

please note that i like td and believe that he has made plenty of good moves so lets not turn this into a thread of whether his good moves (tagging peerless; drafting willis; drafting lee evans; mcghee; etc.) outweigh his bad moves.

It's better to admit making a mistake and correcting it rather then sticking with the problem and not doing anything about it.

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

No matter what other weaknesses the team had, no one can honestly, objectively deny that for a majority of his time here,

DREW. PLAYED. POORLY.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• regor
                    • Jul 2002

Drew and manboobs are tied for worst. They both set the franchise back IMO

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Well I guess I'm an ostrich then cause apparently that means I am able to notice more than the QB
                      Why do you always deflect to the team comment? I have never said Drew was the only problem. Ever. He was the biggest problem. Only and bigger have two very different meanings, so stop putting words in my mouth. If you would only admit that Drew was the biggest problem with our offense, then all the arguing stops.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                        No matter what other weaknesses the team had, no one can honestly, objectively deny that for a majority of his time here,

DREW. PLAYED. POORLY.
                        based on expectations, I can't argue with that. I know I expected a lot more than we got

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Why do you always deflect to the team comment? I have never said Drew was the only problem. Ever. He was the biggest problem. Only and bigger have two very different meanings, so stop putting words in my mouth. If you would only admit that Drew was the biggest problem with our offense, then all the arguing stops.
                          biggest in what year?
                          In 2002, it was Gilbride
                          In 2003, it was kind of a toss up between Gilbride and Drew
                          In 2004, it was Drew...which I've said all along...yet there are still arguments

Comment

• BillsFever21
                            • Aug 2004

biggest in what year?
                            In 2002, it was Gilbride
                            In 2003, it was kind of a toss up between Gilbride and Drew
                            In 2004, it was Drew...which I've said all along...yet there are still arguments

Comment

• BillsFever21
                              • Aug 2004

It's a lost cause.

Other crappy QB's on other teams he will say they suck even if there is nobody else on the team. The same doesn't apply for the Bills though.

Comment

Working...
                              X