PDA

View Full Version : How do you want the offseason to go?

BillsFever21
02-22-2005, 09:33 PM
I'd like to re-sign Williams if it's possible and the money isn't too much.

FA

I'd like to find a serviceable veteran LG in FA. Doesn't have to be a Pro Bowler who will cost a ton of money. I'm just looking for an upgrade with someone who won't break the bank.

A veteran backup QB who will know his role, guide Losman and be able to step in for a couple games if Losman gets hurt.

A receiving TE who will be able to step up and contribute in the passing game. Especially with the uncertainty of Cambell and Euhus' health status. Marcus Pollard would be my first choice.

A serviceable RB to lesson the load on McGahee and be able to step in if he gets injured. Shaud Williams isn't the answer.

Draft(All these if there is someone worthy of that draft pick. I don't believe in just picking for position in the draft. You factor in needs and best player available)

2nd Round- CB

Looking for a bigger CB to replace McGee alongside of Clements which could put McGee in the slot role where he is more suited to play. Someone who could also give us a backup plan if we can't re-sign Clements next season.

3rd Round- WR

Looking for someone to compete with Josh Reed for the slot position and possibly be able to step into a #2 role if this is Moulds last year.

4th Round- FS

Someone to replace Prioleau with and hope that he could step in for Vincent in a year or two. Vincent isn't getting any younger.

5th Round- QB

Looking for a project QB to play 3rd string for now and maybe develop into a serviceable QB which we could keep as a backup or use as traid bait in a few years.

6th and 7th- Doesn't matter to me

I'd like some extra depth on the OL but I'd rather take whoever management thinks has some talent they could work with and improve into a decent player for the future.

The_Philster
02-23-2005, 04:44 AM
2nd...I don't see them replacing T-Mac at CB this year but it is possible they bring in someone to be ready to replace Nate
4th...what about Rashad Baker?

Jan Reimers
02-23-2005, 06:43 AM
Your FA moves sound good, but I'd do the draft this way:

2nd - Interior O lineman (even if we get one in FA.)

3rd - WR (Because of uncertainty with Reed and Aiken.)

4th - LB (I'm not sold on Posey or our depth there.)

5th - CB (Depth, to make up for Vincent's move to FS.)

6th - DE/DT (Depth)

7th - K or Best available player. Who knows when you're down this far?

R. Rich
02-23-2005, 07:06 AM
I'd like to re-sign Williams if it's possible and the money isn't too much.

FA

I'd like to find a serviceable veteran LG in FA. Doesn't have to be a Pro Bowler who will cost a ton of money. I'm just looking for an upgrade with someone who won't break the bank.

A veteran backup QB who will know his role, guide Losman and be able to step in for a couple games if Losman gets hurt.

A receiving TE who will be able to step up and contribute in the passing game. Especially with the uncertainty of Cambell and Euhus' health status. Marcus Pollard would be my first choice.

A serviceable RB to lesson the load on McGahee and be able to step in if he gets injured. Shaud Williams isn't the answer.

Draft(All these if there is someone worthy of that draft pick. I don't believe in just picking for position in the draft. You factor in needs and best player available)

2nd Round- CB

Looking for a bigger CB to replace McGee alongside of Clements which could put McGee in the slot role where he is more suited to play. Someone who could also give us a backup plan if we can't re-sign Clements next season.

3rd Round- WR

Looking for someone to compete with Josh Reed for the slot position and possibly be able to step into a #2 role if this is Moulds last year.

4th Round- FS

Someone to replace Prioleau with and hope that he could step in for Vincent in a year or two. Vincent isn't getting any younger.

5th Round- QB

Looking for a project QB to play 3rd string for now and maybe develop into a serviceable QB which we could keep as a backup or use as traid bait in a few years.

6th and 7th- Doesn't matter to me

I'd like some extra depth on the OL but I'd rather take whoever management thinks has some talent they could work with and improve into a decent player for the future.

Not bad, but I don't think signing a 'servicable' LG and looking for depth in rounds 6 and/or 7 will quite take care of the OL depth/talent issues. I'd say use the 2nd round pick on a good G or C IN ADDITION TO signing a stud LT. I also think we need to go after a pass rusher, probably a LB since the Bills probably won't draft another DE. I do think we need another CB and it would be nice to land a solid prospect with an early draft pick, if we don't sign one in free agency.

Tatonka
02-23-2005, 08:05 AM
it is tough to find a strong side LB that is a better pass rusher than posey.. especially for the money.

EDS
02-23-2005, 08:10 AM
I think Posey is solid. Not a star certainly but he has a reasonable contract and does not seem to make any big mistakes. Not many big plays either but that is what Takeo is for - and why the Bills pay him lots of money.

BillsFever21
02-23-2005, 04:53 PM
2nd...I don't see them replacing T-Mac at CB this year but it is possible they bring in someone to be ready to replace Nate
4th...what about Rashad Baker?
I don't have faith in Baker. Sure he could improve but that's doubtful. He got burned quite a bit last year.

The one that sticks out the most is the 40+ TD pass early in the game he gave up to their 3rd string WR.

MTBillsFan
02-23-2005, 05:09 PM
round 2 pick Kicker from the Ohio State University.... Mike Nugent! and we need to re-sign Fat Pat!
other than those critical moves, OL depth and LB and WR

Uncle Jesse
02-23-2005, 05:32 PM
I'd just like to get a better QB in here besides Drew BledSLOW and/or JP LOSSman, thats all..