• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Shelton deal not done yet?

The Tampa Tribune has the following blurb in an article in today's paper:

"* Tampa Bay appears to be among the finalists in the bidding for Arizona left tackle L.J. Shelton. Shelton is seeking a trade, and his agent said Tuesday that Buffalo, Chicago and the Bucs are the front-runners for his client's services."

I've seen nothing else reported except this, and it is supposed to come right from his agent. There is nothing in the Arizona papers, other than their reported interest in signing Jeff Garcia.
  • Big M
    • Jan 2004

1 week until March 2nd. Nothing can be made official until that time. Meanwhile,the rumors will be flying. Take anything you hear at face value.

CP heard it on NFL Total Access but nothing can be confirmed. It does look promising.

Last edited by Big M; 02-23-2005, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• tampabay25690
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by NE39
      The Tampa Tribune has the following blurb in an article in today's paper:

"* Tampa Bay appears to be among the finalists in the bidding for Arizona left tackle L.J. Shelton. Shelton is seeking a trade, and his agent said Tuesday that Buffalo, Chicago and the Bucs are the front-runners for his client's services."

I've seen nothing else reported except this, and it is supposed to come right from his agent. There is nothing in the Arizona papers, other than their reported interest in signing Jeff Garcia.
      AND wonder where they are gonna fit him in when they are already $15 million over the cap, water boy maybe. This is one prganization that I see everyday that is going down hill, and thats why Rick Mckay did what John Butler did he left when in shambles........Tampa is in alot of trouble and I dont know where they will find $3 million to pay Shelton!!!!!
      GO Gators!!!!!!
      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

You also wonder how timely some of these news items are. This could have been true 5-6 days ago.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by NE39
          Shelton is seeking a trade, and his agent said Tuesday that Buffalo, Chicago and the Bucs are the front-runners for his client's services."
          Arizona needs a RB. Who can the Bucs offer to trade? Chicago has Anthony Thomas I guess, but between Thomas and Henry I'd take Henry anyday of the week and twice on Sunday. No freaking brainer.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
            Arizona needs a RB. Who can the Bucs offer to trade? Chicago has Anthony Thomas I guess, but between Thomas and Henry I'd take Henry anyday of the week and twice on Sunday. No freaking brainer.
            Anthony Thomas is an unrestricted FA.

I imagine other teams would offer draft pick compensation, and Shelton's cap number could be lowered if he was amenable to a restructuring.

I think the biggest factor in this deal going down is Travis Henry's demands for a contract extension. I don't think Arizona would do the deal if he doesn't sign and extension and, depending on what his asking price is, that might not be a simple task.

Comment

• MadCardDisease
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
              Arizona needs a lot of things. RB just happens to be one of the big ones. I think the Cards would take a late first rounder or early second rounder for Shelton. It has been rumored that TB might give up their early second rounder for Shelton.

However I think Henry, assuming he is willing to sign a resonable long term contract would be their top choice. I'd take a solid veteran player entering the prime of his career over a draft pick any day of the week.

Comment

Working...
              X