PDA

View Full Version : In case you didn't hear Peter King on WGR

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-23-2005, 08:03 AM
Maybe this has already been posted but I couldn't find it here...

Peter said that the decision to cut Bledsoe was made less difficult because of Drew's propensity to go against the grain/coaches' wishes a little too often.

Apparently, in the Pittsburgh game, he was given instructions on which goal to defend if that was the Bills option, and he chose the opposite goal than the one Mularky told him to. He thought the wind was blowing differently, and took matters into his own hands. The Steelers scored 23 points in the direction chosen to defend by Bledsoe. This peeved Mularky. Also, as we already know...Bledsoe would audible out of a short pass and try to go for the home run ball when a 7 yard slant would have gotten a first down.

In Peter's opinion, those types of behaviors are just a sample of why the Bills never made it over the hump during Bledsoe's tenure.

Also, Peter believes that even if the trade for Shelton with Henry is not accomplished, it is very likely that Shelton will be a Bill next season.
Peter mentioned that the situation/coaching (McNally) in Buffalo is the ideal for Shelton in that Mouse will get the most out of Shelton right away.

Apparently, in addition to coming to camp overweight, Shelton was not a flag waving Denny Green fan, and that contributed to him being on Green's s**t list as much as anything.

Peter thinks Shelton is a very solid tackle, and will be very productive in Buffalo.

Sorry for the longwinded thread....

Michael82
02-23-2005, 08:05 AM
Good news on Shelton. :clap:

As for Bledsoe, I always wondered if he checked out of short passes and runs to audible them into a bomb. :shakeno:

EDS
02-23-2005, 08:06 AM
Nothing to be sorry about, that is good stuff.

McBFLO
02-23-2005, 09:56 AM
How do we plan on getting Shelton if a trade doesnt go thru w/ Henry. He is still under contract. I'd like to have him here. I think McNally could make Shleton realize his potential. He wasn't a 1st rounder for nothing. Plus, he's Damon Shelton's brother or cousin too aint he?

Billsouth
02-23-2005, 10:03 AM
Also, Peter believes that even if the trade for Shelton with Henry is not accomplished, it is very likely that Shelton will be a Bill next season.
Peter mentioned that the situation/coaching (McNally) in Buffalo is the ideal for Shelton in that Mouse will get the most out of Shelton right away.

How? r we going to trade a 2nd rounder for him?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-23-2005, 10:09 AM
Peter is of the opinion that Shelton will be released at some point in the offseason.

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 10:10 AM
I'm sure that The Cards would take a draft pick for him.

Kerr
02-23-2005, 11:01 AM
A-ha! Very insightful!

You brought this upon yourself, Drew!