• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

I think there is one thing we can all agree on

If the Cowboys sign Bledsoe, I'm sure glad we didn't spend a 2nd or 3rd to get Henson last year.
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
    If the Cowboys sign Bledsoe, I'm sure glad we didn't spend a 2nd or 3rd to get Henson last year.

Amen
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Henson committed career sabotage by pulling the switch... he is going to be 27 before he has a clue on how to play in the NFL. And if Dallas holds him for another two years he is a career backup. Thats better than being a starting 3rd baseman for one of the best teams in baseball.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
          • May 2004

yeah, and to think I was a big supporter of grabbing the guy.....

But, if we had grabbed him, I would not have looked for him to contribute anytime in the first couple of years.....he has just been out of football for too long.

I wouldn't write Henson off completely yet.
          "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
          --Leo Durocher

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I never thought grabbing Henson was a good idea- I'd rather have Bledsoe (and apparently Dallas thinks Bledsoe's the better Drew as well). But I have to had it to TD- good call in not overpaying for Henson.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Romes
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
              Thats better than being a starting 3rd baseman for one of the best teams in baseball.
              He never would have made it in baseball. He couldn't hit any sort of breaking pitch. With A-Rod playing third Henson would have never started. His mistake was leaving Michigan to play baseball.
              Originally posted by paladin warrior
              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                Henson committed career sabotage by pulling the switch... he is going to be 27 before he has a clue on how to play in the NFL. And if Dallas holds him for another two years he is a career backup. Thats better than being a starting 3rd baseman for one of the best teams in baseball.

Your wrong there is no way Henson was ever gonna make it as the Yank-mes starting everyday 3B. The organization was giving up on him so he decided a career switch was neccessary dont be surprised to see Henson get dumped either this season or next.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                  • May 2003

I don't agree. Parcells doesn't have the time or the patience to mold a quarterback. That is the reason they got Bledsoe. The real question is who will be with the Cowboys longer, Parcells or Henson.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Charlie Casserly is laughing his ass off.

A Bigger steal than Bledsoe for a #1 pick. At least we got a few seasons out of Bledsoe.

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

I knew Henson had an uphill battle, and would require a few years to get back into the rhythm. Dallas doesn't have the patience for him, but he has received enough cash from Baseball and Football to keep him living comfortably.

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

Do we play the Cowboys next season? If so, it's another win for JP, which would bring his total to 3 if ya count the two Miami games if Gus signs with them!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

We don't play the Cowboys until 2008, at home.

Comment

• Iehoshua
                            • Jan 2003

I can see both sides. On one, it didn't seem like Henson was given a real shot. On the other, the games Henson did play he stunk so bad it was hard to watch. I'd have given a 4th for him but definitely not a 3rd or higher..

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

The Cowboys were 6-10 and Parcells didn't even let him sniff the field at the end of the season. He has to suck.

If we traded for Henson, we'd be starting a virtual rookie at QB next year. Oh wait. We already are.

Comment

Working...
                              X