PDA

View Full Version : Gus Frerotte QB for Miami?

Mr. Miyagi
02-23-2005, 09:41 AM
An interesting rumor is going around that makes perfect sense even though new Dolphins coach Nick Saban has supported holdover A.J. Feeley as starting quarterback in 2005.

The chatter is that Gus Frerotte could end up as the starter for several reasons. Frerotte, a backup at Minnesota the past two years and a former Broncos quarterback, wants to be a starter and the Dolphins aren't overly enamored with Feeley.

Plus, Miami's new offensive coordinator is Scott Linehan, who came from Minnesota. Linehan worked with and likes Frerotte. Linehan trusts Frerotte, and having a quarterback he is familiar with running his offense in his first year may be too appealing for Linehan to pass up.

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36%257E24765%257E2695053,00.html?search=filter

:eek:

Jayhawk
02-23-2005, 09:45 AM
next they will sign Doug Flutie

Stewie
02-23-2005, 10:07 AM
I can only pray they sign Gus. He's going to find it a lil' more difficult playing in the AFCE, methinks. Plus, no more Randy as a safety valve.

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2005, 10:19 AM
Gus Frerrotte? That is a joke right?

OpIv37
02-23-2005, 10:21 AM
lmao @ Miami. I'll never get over the time he injured himself by hitting a brick wall with his head to celebrate a TD. Not surprisingly, he was a Deadskin when he pulled that crap.

Kerr
02-23-2005, 10:56 AM
Elvis is coming to Miami.

jamze132
02-23-2005, 11:01 AM
I think Gus would fit in perfectly in Miami. Hell, thats at least 2 games that JP has nothing to worry about.

Mr. Miyagi
02-23-2005, 11:12 AM
I don't know who I would worry about less, Feeley or Frerotte :rofl:

Jeff1220
02-23-2005, 01:10 PM
Really, I could see the Fins drafting a QB with their 1st pick. :gossip:

jaja54
02-23-2005, 03:11 PM
Really, I could see the Fins drafting a QB with their 1st pick. :gossip:

One can only hope..... I see us drafting a QB and picking up someone like a Ferrotte since Saban said he wnated a veteran backup and a young one to work with. However, I see Feeley as the starter (much to many of you guy's delight). No QB contraversies this year.

MDolphins2005
02-24-2005, 02:37 AM
I hope the Phins do NOT sign Gus. He is not even a Fielder and all Fielder had was BIG EARS...lol

The Phins need a Vet back-up that could come in and take over for JAY2 (AJ)...he is a backup trying to be a starter.

If Saben does not draft a QB....he will next season!!!

MDolphins2005
02-24-2005, 02:44 AM
It is true that even most Dolphin fans do not have faith in AJ. But you might be jumping the gun poking fun at Miami.

After all your QB could be another Big Ben or AJ....;)

I would much rather have Aaron Rogers or Alex Smith over JP. I think most NFL scouts would say the same. You traded away this years pick for JP last season. Now you get to find out if he can get the job done.

I hope he can....I love it when the AFC EAST is full of TALENT.

Miami will be back within a few seasons....Ricky Pot Head Williams only set us back a little bit. Wanny & Rick have hurt us more than Ricky's love of the bong. Now Saben is running the show...Look out in 2006!!!

Mr. Miyagi
03-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Told ya.

Frerotte, 34, is expected to sign with the Dolphins this week because of his familiarity with offense coordinator Scott Linehan's system. Frerotte, who has made 64 starts in 11 seasons, played for Linehan the past two seasons in Minnesota.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2005/03/09/a11c_dolphins_0309.html

Samphin1
03-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Frerotte would come in as a backup/safet valve. I think his main purpose is to help AJ learn the offense and that is it. If AJ fails to get it, then Frerotte would take ove,r but only then.

The QB being picked theory for Miami is interesting. Alex Smith has some connections with Linehan and is familer with his system. I see an outside shot of that happening, but honestly, we need to address the RB situation before anything else in the draft.

Captain gameboy
03-10-2005, 03:21 AM
It is true that even most Dolphin fans do not have faith in AJ. But you might be jumping the gun poking fun at Miami.

After all your QB could be another Big Ben or AJ....;)

I would much rather have Aaron Rogers or Alex Smith over JP. I think most NFL scouts would say the same. You traded away this years pick for JP last season. Now you get to find out if he can get the job done.

I hope he can....I love it when the AFC EAST is full of TALENT.

Miami will be back within a few seasons....Ricky Pot Head Williams only set us back a little bit. Wanny & Rick have hurt us more than Ricky's love of the bong. Now Saben is running the show...Look out in 2006!!!

What is a Dolphin fan doing in Charlottesville, and how long has this escaped my attention?
Any such individuals north of 29 degrees north latitude are required to register.

feelthepain
03-10-2005, 06:15 AM
Well I guess signing Kelly Holcomb was an outstanding pickup for the Bills huh? I just love how the bills QB hasn't done anything and the fans think they already won the east.

OpIv37
03-10-2005, 07:36 AM
Well I guess signing Kelly Holcomb was an outstanding pickup for the Bills huh? I just love how the bills QB hasn't done anything and the fans think they already won the east.

obviously you haven't read too many of my posts- I'm a Bills fan but I have little confidence that the team will do well this season. The Patriots took a hit but still look like the best team in the division (and maybe the conference), and the Jets are vastly improving. And while Miami will probably still struggle this year, the rivalry with the Bills is too intense to ever count those games as automatic wins (there's no excuse for the Bills to lose to the Dolphins at the Ralph this year, but anything can happen on the road).

NJFINSFAN1
03-10-2005, 08:15 AM
Kelly Holcomb was a great pickup for the Bills, I wanted him in Miami, and he would have beaten out Feeley for the Starters job. Holcomb is a good QB and he will play and start games for the Bills this year.

Samphin1
03-10-2005, 09:44 AM
Kelly Holcomb was a great pickup for the Bills, I wanted him in Miami, and he would have beaten out Feeley for the Starters job. Holcomb is a good QB and he will play and start games for the Bills this year.

We are talking about the same Kelly Holcomb who couldn't establish himself over Tom Couch right? The smae Holcomb who seems to be injured at the drop of a hat? I don't know if I would want him anywhere near Miami.

feelthepain
03-10-2005, 09:46 AM

If he was so great why did Cleveland dump both QB's? If you get rid of Garcia why get rid of Holcomb or let him go? It's not like Holcomb left for a starting job! The guy is below avg. I think Freotte is a much better QB then Holcomb and Knows Linehans system he should be a big improvement to the fins depth at QB.

Mr. Miyagi
03-10-2005, 09:54 AM
We are talking about the same Kelly Holcomb who couldn't establish himself over Tom Couch right? The smae Holcomb who seems to be injured at the drop of a hat? I don't know if I would want him anywhere near Miami.

If he was so great why did Cleveland dump both QB's? If you get rid of Garcia why get rid of Holcomb or let him go? It's not like Holcomb left for a starting job! The guy is below avg. I think Freotte is a much better QB then Holcomb and Knows Linehans system he should be a big improvement to the fins depth at QB.

At least Holcomb isn't dumb enough to injure himself headbutting the wall LOL

Dicknoze69
03-10-2005, 09:56 AM

Cleveland wanted him back, but he eventually grew tired of their ways and he inked with us.

I do like your signing of Frerotte for a depth standpoint...at least he's better than Todd Collins.

NJFINSFAN1
03-10-2005, 10:03 AM
Cleveland wanted him back. He played on an awful team and did well. I'm telling you this is a steal for the Bills.

I'm not disputing Freotte's value to the fins. But Holcomb is going to very well.

Dicknoze69
03-10-2005, 10:07 AM
Cleveland wanted him back. He played on an awful team and did well. I'm telling you this is a steal for the Bills.

I'm not disputing Freotte's value to the fins. But Holcomb is going to very well.

I'm glad someone has a little objectivity. :up:

NJFINSFAN1
03-10-2005, 10:35 AM
Look, I hate the Bills like any other Fin fan, but I can't keep looking out of Coral glasses. The Holcomb signing was a good one for you guys!http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/icons/icon7.gif

feelthepain
03-10-2005, 10:39 AM

Wheres your objectivity, I think you need to see the bills aren't the only team in the division making improvments and be a little realistic when it comes to the players being added to your team Holcomb is not a solid pick up when you consider he's backing up a rookie.

Mr. Miyagi
03-10-2005, 10:49 AM
Not intented to talk smack, but it just doesn't seem to me that the Dolphins FO has a clue WTF they're doing.

2nd rounder for AJ Feeley - flop so far
3rd rounder for Lamar Gordon - flop so far
6th rounder for David Boston - flop
Traded for Marty Booker - so so signing
Signed Kevin Carter - decent signing
Signed Vonnie Holliday - washed up
Signed Donnie Spragan - so so signing
Signed Travares Tillman - bust