PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoes reported contract numbers

Tatonka
02-23-2005, 11:59 AM
6yrs-24 Million plus incentives
7 million signing bonus.

no link yet. heard this on the radio just a minute ago.. this is what they are reporting.

oh my god. he dupped them again..

no way he is a cowboy for more than 2 years.. so they are gonna take a big fat cap hit in year 3. probably vet min for a couple years.. and backloaded like hell.. but basically he dupped another team out of about 10 million. oh my god.. that is all i can say.

he should have gone to washington.. he could have gotten another 100 million dollar deal.

:crazy:

R. Rich
02-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Bledsoe's put out contracts on all of us???

Ickybaluky
02-23-2005, 12:19 PM
7 million signing bonus.

no link yet. heard this on the radio just a minute ago.. this is what they are reporting.

no way he is a cowboy for more than 2 years.. so they are gonna take a big fat cap hit in year 3. probably vet min for a couple years.. and backloaded like hell.. but basically he dupped another team out of about 10 million. oh my god.. that is all i can say.

he should have gone to washington.. he could have gotten another 100 million dollar deal.

The dollar value sounds about right, but I guarantee you that bonus is split into tiers. I bet he gets about $2M to $2.5M up front in SB, with the remainder being tied to an option for next season. He basically will have a year to play and prove he is worth the option. The Cowboys were one of the first teams to do a multi-tiered bonus structure, and I'd be shocked if it isn't structured that way.

My guess is Bledsoe's cap number for this year is less than $2M, due to the structure of the deal.

Tatonka
02-23-2005, 12:20 PM
at least they didnt pay him brunells 7 year, 35 million, 8.5 sb.. they cant even cut him now.

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 12:21 PM
Just like his $100 million deal, you have to look at it each season. You know that after 2006 many deals will get re-done when the new cap is negotiated with the NFLPA.

What's his number for this season? Next? Most of these "vanity" contracts never are fully met.

Earthquake Enyart
02-23-2005, 12:27 PM
Regardless of the set up, Bledsoe's agent is the Scott Boras of football.

The Cowboys were bidding against themselves.

Stewie
02-23-2005, 12:34 PM
They have to give him a high total-dollar deal.

Imagine what would happen if they signed a backup to a deal similar to Bledsoe's. Immediate QB controversy.

trapezeus
02-23-2005, 01:00 PM
now i don't feel like i spent too much on dinner the other day. $24MM for nothing. At least i got fed.

Novacane
02-23-2005, 01:00 PM
If they gave him 7 mill up front they are fools. Bledsoes gotta be laughing his ass off. It'll be fun watching them crash and burn next year!

Kerr
02-23-2005, 01:10 PM
C'mon this is Jerry Jones we're talking about.

Iehoshua
02-23-2005, 01:17 PM
Cowboys = raped

TheBrownBear
02-23-2005, 01:20 PM
Hey, that's a good price for a heck of a "classy" guy.

Michael82
02-23-2005, 01:27 PM
:roflmao:

The_Philster
02-23-2005, 03:37 PM
That's ridiculous. Like Dozer speculated, the contract is probably backloaded but $7M as a signing bonus? :shocked:

Canadian'eh!
02-23-2005, 03:51 PM
Regardless of the set up, Bledsoe's agent is the Scott Boras of football.

The Cowboys were bidding against themselves.

David Dunn i think

BillsFever21
02-23-2005, 04:55 PM
7 million signing bonus.

Somone else got suckered into giving him too much money. :shakeno:

I've never seen anyone who plays as ****ty as he does make 7 million dollars a year.

BillsFever21
02-23-2005, 04:56 PM
This bum got a 6.5 million bonus from us last year and now gets 7 million from the Cowboys? What a travesty.

finsrclowns
02-23-2005, 05:01 PM
The press conference said he got a three year deal.

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 05:02 PM
The press conference said he got a three year deal.
I saw that...makes more sense

MTBillsFan
02-23-2005, 05:06 PM
Hey, at least the cowgirls are paying him a half million more for Much less. Cowgirls O- LINE stinks. Cowgirls fans will be calling for Bledsoe's head and the Tuna's head by week 9!

Mr. Cynical
02-23-2005, 05:24 PM
It's confirmed. Drew is really Houdini.

jamze132
02-23-2005, 07:07 PM
Cowgirls will cut him after the 06' season for sucking anf will have to take a hit like we did. Just watch.

DynaPaul
02-23-2005, 07:48 PM
I think those numbers are fine with this provision added to it. He loses money for every sack, interception, and fumble he makes. By the end of the year he'd be hurtin' financially!

BillsFever21
02-23-2005, 08:05 PM
I think those numbers are fine with this provision added to it. He loses money for every sack, interception, and fumble he makes. By the end of the year he'd be hurtin' financially!
He would probably owe them money in that case.

AdamJT13
02-23-2005, 09:19 PM
The reports out of Dallas are that it's a three-year deal for $14 million, with a $2 million signing bonus and a first-year cap number of $2.5 million.

Not even close to "six years, $24 million (plus incentives) with a $7 million signing bonus."

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 09:21 PM
The reports out of Dallas are that it's a three-year deal for $14 million, with a $2 million signing bonus and a first-year cap number of $2.5 million.

Not even close to "six years, $24 million (plus incentives) with a $7 million signing bonus."
:welcome: And thanks for the accurate info! :up:

Tatonka
02-23-2005, 09:22 PM
your link looks as good as mine.. i didnt pull the numbers out of my ass.. i clearly posted that it was stated on the radio that priliminary reports were 6 years, ect..

either way.. the cowboys are ****ed if drew is the starter.

Tatonka
02-23-2005, 09:25 PM
:welcome: And thanks for the accurate info! :up:

i love how you toss in the "accurate"... typical dick move

dozer.. how do you know what is accurate?

i told you were the info came from..

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 09:27 PM
WTF are you talking about?

Tatonka
02-23-2005, 09:29 PM
how is it accurate?

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 09:32 PM
Geesh...a welcome to a new member and you disect and parse every word into an insult upon yourself.

I apologize if my use of the word "accurate" has set you off in some way. Considering I wasn't even addressing you.

You get a root canal today or something?

Tatonka
02-23-2005, 09:33 PM
i report what i heard on the radio.. and new guy gives me the - not even close to "6 years..."

then you toss in the "thanks for the ACCURATE info" as if i was reporting inaccurate info and new guys post with no link is dead on.. :rolleyes:

BillsFever21
02-23-2005, 09:38 PM
It's accurate because that's the one he wanted to believe.

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 09:39 PM
:rolleyes:

So much for being hospitibal to a newbie

Tatonka
02-23-2005, 09:41 PM
it was a back handed compliment.. but whatever.

accurate was in there for a reason.

like i said.. dickmove.. but whatever.

Wheresthekgun
02-23-2005, 09:42 PM
7 million signing bonus.

Bledsoe only got 3 or 4 year contract and some like 24 mil from dallas.....not 6 years

Tatonka
02-23-2005, 09:43 PM
Bledsoe only got 3 or 4 year contract and some like 24 mil from dallas.....not 6 years

thanks for the "accurate" info and welcome to the zone :up:

BillsFever21
02-23-2005, 09:44 PM
A 3 or 4 year deal for 24 million is even worse then a 6 year deal.

Shiny Chicken
02-23-2005, 09:46 PM
Eb, our cap expert seens to think Adam's pretty reliable from a post he made a year ago...
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=602165&postcount=8
so why don't we not alienate possibly knowledgeable posters who we don't see much...

Tatonka
02-23-2005, 09:49 PM
why dont we just wait and see a link before we start telling each other what is accurate or just completely wrong. i could really give a rats ass what clump thinks of andy a year ago..

i didnt come in and quote andy's numbers and say "not even close to..." like andy did to me..

Tatonka
02-23-2005, 09:51 PM
err.. or adam.. not andy.. lol.

BillsFever21
02-23-2005, 09:53 PM
It doesn't sound to me like it's matters who's numbers were correct. It's the case that someone else comes on with numbers and all of a sudden his are accurate. It makes it sound like Tatonka was just making crap up.

I heard he got a 5 year deal worth 30 million with a 9 million dollar bonus. I'm glad I could help you guys with the accurate numbers.

Tatonka
02-23-2005, 09:57 PM
that was my only point.. thanks fever.

and welcome to the zone, a year ago apparently, adam. :up:

DaBills
02-23-2005, 10:03 PM
I've never seen anyone who plays as ****ty as he does make 7 million dollars a year.

Ryan Leaf. Rob Johnson.

Hey Dallas. **** you for winning those two SB's against us. Payback's a *****.

Curious about how the phone conversation went between Parcells and J. Jones:

P: I got a guy to replace the guy that was my former guy.

JJ: Oh yeah? Jay Fiedler? Jeff Garcia? Brad Johnson?

P: Not exactly.

JJ: What's he like?

P: He's kinda like those three, only not as short, mobile or consistent.

JJ: Whatta' ya mean. Vinny's already on the team.

;-p

BillsFever21
02-23-2005, 10:05 PM
Ryan Leaf. Rob Johnson.

Hey Dallas. **** you for winning those two SB's against us. Payback's a *****.

Curious about how the phone conversation went between Parcells and J. Jones:

P: I got a guy to replace the guy that was my former guy.

JJ: Oh yeah? Jay Fiedler? Jeff Garcia? Brad Johnson?

P: Not exactly.

JJ: What's he like?

P: He's kinda like those three, only not as short, mobile or consistent.

JJ: Whatta' ya mean. Vinny's already on the team.

;-p
I mean season after season. Sure they both earned that at one point but the NFL woke up after a couple years and got rid of him. They didn't go sign with 2 other teams and still get that much.

Bledsoe should be put in prison for theft by deception.

Ickybaluky
02-23-2005, 10:11 PM
AdamJT13 posts to a lot of boards, always with that username. If he says those are the numbers, they are accurate. He is a Cowboys fan, but he has access to information from the NFLPA which we don't. He has proven it time and time again. He must be an agent or something.

That aside, Adam is probably the most knowledgable poster I've come across on any board, anywhere. He knows the cap and CBA in great detail. Knows more about the rules and how the league works. He has developed a formular for predicting compensary selections that are awarded that I've found remarkably accurate. He knows a ton about the draft and players.

I realize your gut reaction was to snap at him for correcting your numbers, but if you're smart you'll ask him to post more often (hint, Dozer). In fact, you should see if he is willling to contribute to the front page or something. The guy is unreal, a great resource for any fan craving NFL info. He has inside information, has proven very accurate and has well thought out opinions and arguments.

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 10:12 PM
Nick Eatman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
Feb. 23, 2005, 8:27 p.m. (CST)

IRVING, Texas - One thing head coach Bill Parcells has shown in his two seasons here with the Cowboys is that he rarely tiptoes around a subject, usually getting straight to the point.

And maybe that's why he's always liked quarterback Drew Bledsoe, who signed a three-year deal Wednesday with the Cowboys here at Valley Ranch, reuniting with Parcells, who drafted him to New England nearly 12 years ago as the No. 1 overall pick in 1993.

Because in his first press conference as the newest member of the Dallas Cowboys, Bledsoe wasted little time revealing his intentions of becoming the next starting quarterback of these Dallas Cowboys.

"Yes, that's what I anticipate," said Bledsoe when asked if he will be the starter. "That's the way I foresee it going. I've been with Bill before. And he did tell me that I'm going to be the starting quarterback.

"But if we get into training camp, and there is a better option, he'll do it. And that's one of the things that is really appealing about playing for Bill, is that he's going to play the best guys on Sunday. I anticipate being the best guy. I anticipate being on the field and I anticipate helping this team win a lot of football games."

Bledsoe's three-year contract includes a signing bonus in the neighborhood of $2 million, with a first-year base salary of nearly another $2 million. Overall, Bledsoe's contract is roughly $14 million, although much of that is back-loaded into the final year of the contract. But there is some guaranteed money in the second-year of the contract, making it likely Bledsoe will at least be around for two years.
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=42199345-F409-7C7C-B016377D819A4B50

By MICKEY SPAGNOLA
DallasCowboys.com Columnist
Feb. 23, 2005, 7:56 p.m. (CST)

Well, the Cowboys, in this business of being caught without a young quarterback ready to assume the controls - still - signed what appears to be the lesser of about 15 available evils. They inked, as expected, Drew Bledsoe to a three-year deal here Wednesday afternoon.

The Cowboys were not forthcoming on the financial details, and Collins' agent David Dunn said the deal was close to what Kerry Collins signed last year with the Raiders - three years, $16 million.

But sources insist the total package is closer to $14 million and that the signing bonus is roughly $2 million. Which means, first of all, Bledsoe's first-year cap hit of $2.5 million is not out of whack for a starting quarterback - plus a guy who has started 48 of his last 48 games. And, with that $2 million signing bonus, if this doesn't work out, then basically the Cowboys can erase the decision without jeopardizing their salary cap for years to come.
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=421369C6-BE3F-12E4-EDF5A991E763B27F

You may now commence your regularly scheduled whining........

DaBills
02-23-2005, 10:34 PM
Hey Cyn, diffference is Houdini could always escape when confined and surrounded.

;-p

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Hey Cyn, diffference is Houdini could always escape when confined and surrounded.

;-p
Yeah, but Houdini couldn't take a hit :funny:

DaBills
02-23-2005, 10:47 PM
Yeah, but Houdini couldn't take a hit :funny:

Ouch!

:funny:

But Bledsoe WILL make the Cowboys' money disappear.

Tatonka
02-23-2005, 11:00 PM
You may now commence your regularly scheduled whining........

thanks for the link.. and actually showing that it is accurate info.. and the very typical dickmove ... again.. most of us expect nothing less.:rofl:

your the best mod ever!!! :up:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 11:06 PM
I don't know what eats at you-

Getting upset over me thanking a guy for accurate information- (whitch it was)

Or you being somehow "disrespected" because I chose to thank someone with 12,500 less posts than you.

You're the only one taking any of this personally. Get over it. If calling people names makes you feel better- go ahead....

Tatonka
02-23-2005, 11:08 PM
i didnt call you a name.. i said what you did (twice) was a dick move...

dozer.. your not a dick.. but your actions were that of a dick.. :D

has nothing to do with how many posts andy has.

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 11:10 PM
i didnt call you a name.. i said what you did (twice) was a dick move...

dozer.. your not a dick.. but your actions were that of a dick.. :D

has nothing to do with how many posts andy has.
Then what is the freakin' problem then?

Meathead
02-23-2005, 11:13 PM
Man, the Bledsoe hatred is so incredibly illuminating.

Tatonka
02-23-2005, 11:17 PM
i thought i explained it pretty well in the previous 10 posts..

dont worry about it dozer.. i just thought it was rude..

i reported what i heard on the radio, which was obviously way off... and obviously i did not intent to report inaccurate info.. i think that in my 2 years here i have a pretty good reputation for posting accurate info..

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 11:21 PM
i thought i explained it pretty well in the previous 10 posts..

dont worry about it dozer.. i just thought it was rude..

i reported what i heard on the radio, which was obviously way off... and obviously i did not intent to report inaccurate info.. i think that in my 2 years here i have a pretty good reputation for posting accurate info..
Any indication in this thread where I said your info was garbage? Or impuned your reputation?

All I said was "Welcome- Thanks for the accurate info" to a guy who is well known around all football boards for accurate info- and gave us....accurate info......

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 11:24 PM
If I might make a suggestion- the best way to report stuff you hear without a link is to identify the source-

Sirius NFL Radio is reporting-

Peter King on the "Mike & The Mad Dog show" said.....

WGR is reporting.....

Not trying to be a "dicknose" or anything- but it does help

Tatonka
02-23-2005, 11:24 PM
a guy with 3 posts that most of us have never heard of says "the word around here is..." with no link...

at the time.. his info is no more accurate than mine as far as any of us could tell..

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 11:26 PM
I still don't understand the hostility though.

Tatonka
02-23-2005, 11:33 PM
If I might make a suggestion- the best way to report stuff you hear without a link is to identify the source-

Sirius NFL Radio is reporting-

Peter King on the "Mike & The Mad Dog show" said.....

WGR is reporting.....

Not trying to be a "dicknose" or anything- but it does help

you dont understand the hostility?

you just posted... to identify a source put Peter King on the mike and mad dog show said.. ect..

i am working on something..and i hear a guy sports ticker guy come on AM910 and say the reported numbers are... i post them.. does it make a difference if i post that or say i just heard on the radio? either they are right or wrong.. either way i am telling you what i just heard..

but alan comes on and says "the reports i have are"... no link.. no idea who he is.. how he got his info.. other than the report..

and you chime in with - thanks for the "accurate" info.. implying immediately without any proof that his numbers are more accurate than anyone else with a radio or acces to the internet.. and specifically what i posted and what he took the time to quote and tell me how way off i was in what i reported.

i thought it was rude.. that is where the hostility came from.. i told you i thought it was rude.. i guess that is hostile.. because i said it was a dick move instead of rude.

The_Philster
02-24-2005, 03:09 AM
I saw that...makes more senseYeah it does

A lot more realistic :up:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=42199345-F409-7C7C-B016377D819A4B50

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=421369C6-BE3F-12E4-EDF5A991E763B27F

You may now commence your regularly scheduled whining........:spit: