PDA

View Full Version : Bills happy with bledsoe

Pride
08-02-2002, 07:24 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.cfm

BILLS HAPPY WITH BLEDSOE

Reports emanating from the Bills camp are that the team is thrilled with the performance of new quarterback Drew Bledsoe.

This shouldn't come as a surprise, given the string of stiffs, flakes, and wannabe's that the team had installed at the quarterback position since the retirement of Hall-of-Famer-to-be Jim Kelly.

During mini-camps, Bledsoe initially impressed the staff and his teammates with true leadership qualities, which was a foreign concept to his predecessors in Buffalo, Keanu Reeves and the Elf-man.

But not all is rosy in Western New York. A league source tells us that recently-acquired running back Richard Huntley, whose two primary activities during a one-year stint in Carolina were (1) pissing and (2) moaning, already is shooting off his yapper. We predict that G.M. Tom Donahoe will tolerate roughly 3 minutes of that kind of crap from Huntley, regardless of how badly the G.M. wants to show former in-house rival Bill Cowher that the post-Donahoe Steelers gave up on Huntley prematurely.

colin
08-02-2002, 01:13 PM
"Keanu Reeves and the Elf-man"

That is pretty funny.

BillsNYC
08-02-2002, 04:20 PM
yeah....rj wishes he was as cool as keanu :D

Michael82
08-03-2002, 12:53 AM
Man, those idiots over at Pro Football talk crack me up! :D

:lol:

SABURZFAN
08-03-2002, 06:33 AM
if shootinboogers is looking to get rid of tait,we'll be more than happy to take him.tait is a good ballplayer.why would marty want to get rid of him?

:feedback:

Dozerdog
08-03-2002, 07:26 AM
Why is this site (PFT) the ONLY one with these Huntley rumors?

I swear the guy tries to hard to be funny... and looks stupid doing it.

northernbillfan
08-03-2002, 10:57 AM
This guy reads like a Hollywood gossip columnist. Absolute drivel.

Bruce is Loose
08-03-2002, 02:48 PM
I wouldnt be suprised if Huntly doesnt make the team. I dont think we gave him much of a bonus at all so cutting him would mean no cap hit. He have plenty of Rbs and his salary off the cap would allow for more to spend on another FA.

HenryRules
08-03-2002, 03:19 PM
Tanked, I disagree with the popular opinion that the Bills have too many RB's. In my mind, they have 2 that are currently borderline starters - Huntley and Henry (who'll prove this year that he's a solid starter, but at the moment has yet to prove anything). They also have 1 backup who has had a few big rushes but has shown nothing to indicate that he can be a primary ball carrier at the college level, let alone at the NFL - Bryson. Another guy that whenever he seems to show solid promise, he gets injured - Bam's little brother Sammy, and finally, someone who has proven absolutely nothing whatsoever and IMO is no more an NFL back than Mike Pringle would be - Alexander.
Is that really a lot of RB's? If we get rid of Huntley, I'd say that the one-two punch of Henry and Bryson would be one of the worst in the NFL and definitely the worst in the division (Jets: Martin, Jordan; Dolphins: Williams, Minor; Pats: Smith, Redmond).
What the Bills have is an abundance of excellent 3rd string/poor backup RB's (Morris, Bryson, Alexander) and those are the guys we can get rid of. If we cut Huntley, our RB's are no deeper than our DL.