PDA

View Full Version : randy moss is traded

nuklz2594
02-23-2005, 03:39 PM
espn just reported moss was traded to the raider for napoleon harris and the 7th pick plus a later round pick

Canadian'eh!
02-23-2005, 03:40 PM
espn just reported moss was traded to the raider for napoleon harris and the 7th pick plus a later round pick

I saw the raider thing too... missed wha it was for. On screen now.

Mr. Miyagi
02-23-2005, 03:41 PM
SPAM? This can't be real, right???

Dozerdog
Vikings got robbed

LtBillsFan66
I heard it's true.

Mr. Miyagi
02-23-2005, 03:42 PM
OMG it's true. :eek:

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 03:42 PM
On the ESPN News ticker now

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 03:44 PM
Agent: Vikings trade Moss to Raiders

By SEAN JENSEN

Pioneer Press

The Vikings have agreed to trade Randy Moss to the Oakland Raiders for starting linebacker Napoleon Harris, the seventh overall pick in the upcoming draft and a 2005 late-round pick . Trades can be worked out although not announced until next month, and Moss' agent, Dante DiTrapano, told the Pioneer Press on Wednesday that the deal is done.
http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahassee/10972946.htm

Michael82
02-23-2005, 03:44 PM
:roflmao:

The Vikings got terribly robbed. The Raiders should have thrown in Porter or something.

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 03:45 PM
:roflmao:

The Vikings got terribly robbed. The Raiders should have thrown in Porter or something.
I beleive Porter is a free agent

ArcticWildMan
Al Davis must have the goods on the Vikings owner.

Mr. Miyagi
Vikings got robbed
No kidding

Earthquake Enyart
The Vikings may have opened up a boat load of cap room for themselves.

Michael82
No, he re-signed with the Raiders yesterday or the day before.

Mr. Miyagi
02-23-2005, 03:46 PM
No I think he just signed an extension a few days ago

Mr. Miyagi
02-23-2005, 03:46 PM
As if they needed anymore. They were like 24 million under the cap before

FreddyvsJason
02-23-2005, 03:47 PM
Hey, they never won with him plus they got the 7th overall- that's not too bad.

ArcticWildMan
02-23-2005, 03:49 PM
Hey, they never won with him plus they got the 7th overall- that's not too bad.

Big deal. A 7th pick in this year's draft will be like a 2nd rounder in other years. This is an incredibly weak draft.

Earthquake Enyart
02-23-2005, 03:49 PM
Mike Williams will be sitting there for them.

Romes
02-23-2005, 03:50 PM
Harris is a good linebacker.

I don't know if the Vikes got robbed but the Raiders got the better deal.

Moss fits in well as a Raider. Him and Sapp should get along great considering how well Sapp got along with Keyshawn.

BidsJr
02-23-2005, 03:51 PM
Big deal. A 7th rounder in this year's draft will be like a 2nd rounder in other years. This is an incredibly weak draft.

Huh?

:mex:

FreddyvsJason
02-23-2005, 03:51 PM
Big deal. A 7th rounder in this year's draft will be like a 2nd rounder in other years. This is an incredibly weak draft.
Yes, but there are some good receivers- Edwards, Williams- so I think the trade is pretty good.

Mr. Miyagi
02-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Harris is a good linebacker.

I don't know if the Vikes got robbed but the Raiders got the better deal.

Moss fits in well as a Raider. Him and Sapp should get along great considering how well Sapp got along with Keyshawn.
Yeah I can't wait to see that :rofl:

shotgun
spam very untrue

Earthquake Enyart
The Bears will take Edwards at 4.

Drive 4 Five
02-23-2005, 03:53 PM
Well better the Raiders than the NY Jets. You know the Jet fans creamed themselves thinking that Moss might reunite with Pennington. Nice try Jets fans. You suck.

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 03:53 PM

For the past 2 seasons they lead the NFL in cap space.

This apparently just saves them $2 million- but down the road it frees up $7-8 Million per season.

The guys on Sirius NFL Radio keep slamming Red McCombs as being really cheap- and don't expect him to sign any big name free agents with large signing bonuses. That equates to writing a big check up front. If/when they do sign someone, they will give them a fat salary up front instead of bonus. they did this with Winfield- he got $12 million in year one- with a declining salary in subsequent years. The Vikings were close to $25-30 million under the cap last season. They will be close to if not already $20 million under right now.

McCombs bought the team for $250million a few years ago, and is seeking $650 million now.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-23-2005, 03:54 PM
IF it was only the #7 for Moss straight up, I would say the Vikes got burned. But they are getting Napoleon Harris who is a beast at LB, and another later round pick to boot.

I frankly think that the Raiders gave up too much for a guy they didn't really need. They need a COACH and a RB and a bunch of other help.

Mudflap1
02-23-2005, 03:54 PM
Agreed. Anyplace but in OUR division.

Jon

Earthquake Enyart
02-23-2005, 03:55 PM
If the new guy has deep pockets, look out.

Mudflap1
02-23-2005, 03:57 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3415820

Jon

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 03:58 PM
No, he re-signed with the Raiders yesterday or the day before.
Even a bigger reason not to trade the guy- they would have to immediatly eat all the bonus at the time of the trade instead of spreading it out over the life of the deal.

Romes
02-23-2005, 03:59 PM
it is true here is the ESPN link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1998159

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 04:02 PM
If the new guy has deep pockets, look out.
It looks like the guy they lined up is having all sorts of problems. First he lied about being a former player, then it turns out he's got a big history of being continually sued.

But he will be the first minority to own a team if it goes through.

The_Philster
02-23-2005, 04:02 PM
Perfect place for him...he'll fit in with the rest of the criminal element in Oakland :snicker:

Iehoshua
02-23-2005, 04:13 PM
Perfect place for him...he'll fit in with the rest of the criminal element in Oakland :snicker:
Poor Baltimore... I'm sure they wanted him bad too, to wear the orange jumpsuit aside Ray and Jamal. Now the Ravens won't get any extra criminals OR offense..
:chuckle:

Michael82
02-23-2005, 04:14 PM
Poor Baltimore... I'm sure they wanted him bad too, to wear the orange jumpsuit aside Ray and Jamal. Now the Ravens won't get any extra criminals OR offense..
:chuckle:
Derrick Mason WILL be a Baltimore Raven within the next week, IMO.

Novacane
02-23-2005, 04:15 PM
I'd hardly say the Vikes got robbed. They needed defense and Harris is very good. The winner of this trade will depend on how the #7 pick turns out.

Iehoshua
02-23-2005, 04:17 PM
I do think Moss is a bit too young to be a Faider... Beyond that he'll fit well.

I could see Mason ending up in B-more. Lord knows they need some semblance of a receiving corp. They have next to nothing as it currently stands...

Michael82
02-23-2005, 04:17 PM
I'd hardly say the Vikes got robbed. They needed defense and Harris is very good. The winner of this trade will depend on how the #7 pick turns out.
If It's Mike Williams...it will be a pretty good trade, IMO.

Mr. Cynical
02-23-2005, 04:23 PM
I don't think this was a steal by any means. Moss is such an ass that he could self-implode one day and be out of football. Harris is a very good LB and even though the draft this year isn't the "best", a 7th overall is still a 7th overall. That player has a very good chance of being a keeper.

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 04:29 PM
Looking at a bunch of Vikings boards- many if not most think they got a bad deal.

Mr. Cynical
02-23-2005, 04:31 PM
Well we all know how accurate board opinions can be. Many if not most were happy about the Bledsoe deal and look how that turned out.

Tatonka
02-23-2005, 04:35 PM
the raiders already have porter, gabriel, and curry.. all good WRs.. they didnt need moss.. but is there anyone in the nfl that has a better wr group now?

the vikings are left with possilby mike williams (ROOKIE WR) and nate burleson.. wow..

what a gay trade from both sides.

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 04:37 PM
Raiders always wanted a "bombs away" offense.

Gabriel and Curry are decent- but Porter/Moss will make average QBs look real good.

Oakland gets a :up: for a good deal.

Mr. Miyagi
02-23-2005, 04:37 PM
Vikings have Marcus Robinson too.

From the Raiders side, all they need is a stud FA running back now. Scary. :eek:

Maybe we should dangle Henry at them and get a price war going :naughty:

ddaryl
02-23-2005, 04:43 PM
it will be very hard to cover the Oak WR's

but their D is going to be weak

EDS
02-23-2005, 04:46 PM
Napolean Harris was one of the few good young players they had on defense.

Kerr
02-23-2005, 04:48 PM
Incredible. Randy Moss and Jerry Porter together? Look out secondaries. Now all they need is a good running back and their offense should be real explosive.

Mr. Miyagi
02-23-2005, 04:49 PM
From the Raiders side, all they need is a stud FA running back now. Scary. :eek:

INow all they need is a good running back and their offense should be real explosive.
I just said that :mad:

Kerr
02-23-2005, 04:55 PM
My bad Miyagi son.

Michael82
02-23-2005, 04:56 PM
I'm wondering if the Raiders agreed to this deal before they got the extension for Porter done. That's what I've heard and if it's true, maybe Porter or one of their other receivers will now be trade bait. :idunno:

MTBillsFan
02-23-2005, 05:01 PM
the only way the Vikings get robbed on this is if the 2 draft picks they get turn out to be busts. Culpepper and Matt Birk strongly disliked Moss's antics. The Vikings NEED defense.

Philagape
02-23-2005, 05:40 PM
Muhammad or Mason would be a good fit in Minnesota now. (a football opinion apart from any financial ramifications). Most of the WR predictions I've read have Burress going to the Ravens

Ickybaluky
02-23-2005, 05:44 PM
the only way the Vikings get robbed on this is if the 2 draft picks they get turn out to be busts. Culpepper and Matt Birk strongly disliked Moss's antics. The Vikings NEED defense.

I don't know about robbed, but the Raiders made out much better. Harris is an OK LB, but nothing special. For all his athletic ability and draft hype he really hasn't played that great. If he were so good, how come the Raiders defense sucked so bad?

As for the pick, we will see how it turns out. They will get a player, but nobody that makes a difference like Moss. With the cap room they have they will bring in another WR like Derrick Mason or Mushin Muhammed (if he is released).

The Raiders get back one of the top offensive weapons in the game. Moss may have maturity issues, but the guy produces. Even last year, where he battled a hamstring injury that cost him basically half the season, he scored 13 TDs. Those 13 TDs are why the guy is scary good.

With Moss and Porter on the outside, the Raiders are going to run the ball better as well. Nobody is going to be able to bring the S up. They are going to score a lot of points.

IMO, the Raiders got a lot better and the Vikings are worse.

EDS
02-23-2005, 05:51 PM
The Raiders are going to have to score alot of points because their defense is atrocious and aging.

The Natrix
02-23-2005, 05:52 PM
Good move for Minnesota. I hopped on the Bills bandwagon from the Vikings one back in 89 and I would like to see them do well without Moss. They need to think defense. The Patriots don't need great receivers, just very good ones. Daunte had a great year this year and I think he doesn't need great receivers to win. It would probably help if they can get deep at WR. Maybe trade there 7th overall for more picks and a good receiver will fall to them. I don't think they are that far away from challenging Philly

Mr. Cynical
02-23-2005, 05:52 PM
I don't know about robbed, but the Raiders made out much better. Harris is an OK LB, but nothing special. For all his athletic ability and draft hype he really hasn't played that great. If he were so good, how come the Raiders defense sucked so bad?You can't honestly be putting the blame for the D on a single LB. He doesn't have the same impact that a QB has on the offense.

The Raiders get back one of the top offensive weapons in the game. Moss may have maturity issues, but the guy produces. Even last year, where he battled a hamstring injury that cost him basically half the season, he scored 13 TDs. Those 13 TDs are why the guy is scary good.Nobody will argue his talent, and Oakland is probably the only place he can get away with his BS. But if the Raiders start losing...and Moss starts walking off the field early...it is not going to be pretty sight.

IMO, the Raiders got a lot better and the Vikings are worse.IMO, Moss became too much of a distraction and finally had to go. They may not have that playmaker at WR, but as we have seen with your beloved Pats, you don't have to have that to win. If the team chemistry improves, then the Vikings get alot better, not worse.

Throne Logic
02-23-2005, 06:36 PM
it will be very hard to cover the Oak WR's

Maybe, but it accomplishes little when the ball doesn't get to them. Gannon is only getting older (and more often injured) and Collins is erratic and immobile at best.

Throne Logic
02-23-2005, 06:42 PM
IMO, Moss became too much of a distraction and finally had to go. They may not have that playmaker at WR, but as we have seen with your beloved Pats, you don't have to have that to win. If the team chemistry improves, then the Vikings get alot better, not worse.

Absolutely.

Also, the Vikes had a pretty good look last season at what their offense would be like without Randy Moss. They apparently saw enough to justify moving on without Randy.

Ickybaluky
02-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Collins maybe immobile, but one thing he does well is throw downfield. The Raiders are going to be throwing deep a lot.

You know, I appreciate the Pats way, but it is hardly the only way. There are many different ways to win. The fact is the Raiders got a difference-maker in Moss, probably one of a handful of guys defenses are truly scared of.

In return, they got Napolean Harris, who has never lived up to his billing. Harris is frequently plays out of control and misses assignments. He is not as good as he was billed to be when he was drafted.

The draft pick? Should be a good player. The odds are against him being a special player, especially in this draft.

Bottom line, IMO, is the Vikings traded a quarter for a dime and a nickel.

Losing Moss is going to make the Vikings offense worse, not only because they lose him as a WR, but also because teams are going to defense them differently. It is going to be a lot harder for the Vikings to run the football.

Samphin1
02-23-2005, 07:39 PM
I think it is a fair trade to both sides. I think Harris will be solid to good in Minnesota and with that seventh choice, they can pick up either Williams or Edwards. If they are able to pick up someone like Burress or Muhammed in FA, they will have just revamped their WR corps, LB corps and possibly somewhere else with their other first rounder. Minnesota can clean up here. A possible WR corps of Burress, Williams, Burleson, Robinson and whoever is a nice looking unit.

Oakland now has, quite possibly, the best 1-2 punch in the league. I wonder if Porter is going to be p.o'ed since he won't be the true #1 anymore. I guess as long as he is starting, he will be happy. However, with re-signing Porter and franchising Woodson along with Moss's salary, they won't have room to pick up any FA's. They also traded out of the first round so the top RB's will be gone as well. On top of that, their defense isn't very good and just got worse. I hope for their sake they have something else planned.

Overal though, I think it is a fair trade that will eventually be a good one for Minnesota.

The_Philster
02-23-2005, 07:42 PM
I wonder if Porter is going to be p.o'ed since he won't be the true #1 anymore.That depends. Considering he puts effort into every play and we all know Moss has a habit of taking plays off...:idunno:

BillsFever21
02-23-2005, 07:45 PM
I think this move is fine for the Vikings. They already proved they're not gonna get any further loading up on offense if the defense still sucks.

They also showed that their offense is still pretty good without Moss. They still played good when Moss was out last year and Burleson stepped up in a major way.

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 07:58 PM
I just said that :mad:
Yeah, but Johnny Utah is the new cool guy :up:

You're an ignored has-been :;:

Ickybaluky
02-23-2005, 08:09 PM
I wonder if Porter is going to be p.o'ed since he won't be the true #1 anymore.

He'll be thrilled. He is going to get single coverage all the time with Moss drawing extra attention.

Ickybaluky
02-23-2005, 08:12 PM
That depends. Considering he puts effort into every play and we all know Moss has a habit of taking plays off...:idunno:

How much to you watch the guy. Early in his career, Moss took plays off and got disgruntled at times. However, he has matured a lot in recent years. He plays hard, and a change of scenery (Minnesota was a circus with Red McCombs) will do him a lot of good.

Bottom line on Moss is the guy produces. He has been in the league 7 seasons and has 9,000 yards and 90 TDs. That is amazing production. When he is on the field he effects the defense as much as any other player in the NFL. He opens things up for everyone else on offense.

I don't care what you think of the guy personally. He maybe a world-class A-hole, but he is a difference-maker.

Ickybaluky
02-23-2005, 08:14 PM
I think this move is fine for the Vikings.

Down the stretch, Duante Culpepper stepped up his game, no doubt. But the whole thing is going to be on his shoulders now, and Moss has always been a safety valve for him.

If you watched the Vikings this year, you saw how their running game went in the toilet once Moss was hurt. Without him, and when he returned at less than 100% (of course, nobody will give him credit for playing hurt), teams defensed the Vikings a lot differently.

The_Philster
02-23-2005, 08:18 PM
How much to you watch the guy.as little as I can...the guy makes me sick :ill:
Early in his career, Moss took plays off and got disgruntled at times. However, he has matured a lot in recent years. yeah...he was real mature with that fake moon :up: :spit:
He plays hard, and a change of scenery (Minnesota was a circus with Red McCombs) will do him a lot of good.and Oakland with Al Davis isn't a circus?

I don't care what you think of the guy personally. He maybe a world-class A-hole, but he is a difference-maker.maybe?

Ickybaluky
02-23-2005, 08:25 PM
I'm not talking about the guys personality. If you kicked every questionable character out of the league, there wouldnt' be a league.

However, in terms of pure football, the guy is a great player. What the Vikes got back is a decent-to-good player and a draft pick.

The_Philster
02-23-2005, 08:27 PM
I'm not talking about the guys personality. If you kicked every questionable character out of the league, there wouldnt' be a league.

However, in terms of pure football, the guy is a great player. What the Vikes got back is a decent-to-good player and a draft pick.

when he wants to be

BillsFever21
02-23-2005, 08:27 PM
Down the stretch, Duante Culpepper stepped up his game, no doubt. But the whole thing is going to be on his shoulders now, and Moss has always been a safety valve for him.

If you watched the Vikings this year, you saw how their running game went in the toilet once Moss was hurt. Without him, and when he returned at less than 100% (of course, nobody will give him credit for playing hurt), teams defensed the Vikings a lot differently.
I never said he wasn't a difference maker or that the teams didn't have to account for him. All I said was that their offense is still good enough to get by without him and they need to fix the defense if they have any hopes of getting any further in the playoffs.

He's a great player and I'd love to have him in a Bills uniform but the Vikes can get by without him. I'm sure they will also draft another good WR to help out too.

Ickybaluky
02-23-2005, 08:32 PM
when he wants to be

This is what frosts me, because you obviously haven't watched much. Watch him play. He may be a jerk, but his game has matured. He plays harder and he wants to win. Early in his career did he take plays off? Sure, but he has matured as a player (separate from a person).

Is he a team leader? No. Nor was Corey Dillon, or Deion Sanders, or Charles Haley, or ....

You get the point. The fact is, he is a rare talent that effects the game like few players do. That stuff wins games. I think it will effect the outcome of games a lot more than Harris a draft pick will.

BillsFever21
02-23-2005, 08:34 PM
This is what frosts me, because you obviously haven't watched much. Watch him play. He may be a jerk, but his game has matured. He plays harder and he wants to win. Early in his career did he take plays off? Sure, but he has matured as a player (separate from a person).

Is he a team leader? No. Nor was Corey Dillon, or Deion Sanders, or Charles Haley, or ....

You get the point. The fact is, he is a rare talent that effects the game like few players do. That stuff wins games. I think it will effect the outcome of games a lot more than Harris a draft pick will.I agree with you. This isn't a church choir we're assembling. It's a football team.

Phil would be happy with a bunch of nice crappy ass players instead of a few jerks who are great players.

I guess it's better to suck with nice guys then it is to win with jerks.

Ickybaluky
02-23-2005, 08:36 PM
You guys gotta realize that Harris isn't that great, too. He hasn't lived up to his draft hype. Frankly, he isn't much different from what the Vikes already have at MLB with E.J. Henderson.

I can't believe they traded Moss and got this little.

BillsFever21
02-23-2005, 08:36 PM
This is what frosts me, because you obviously haven't watched much. .
Here is where you're wrong, bro.

Phil is a master game watcher. He has special knowledge of the game that everyone else doesn't see besides him. Just ask him, he will tell you.

Jersey1031
02-23-2005, 08:50 PM
i dont like this trade for the minny, i just think theyre a buncha jokes for trading away one of the best WR's in the league so easily...if i were a minnesota fan id be livid, without his mouth, moss is a great player. which overall is the most important factor

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-23-2005, 09:53 PM
Didn't the Raiders want to draft Moss? I remember hearing that somewhere well it doesn't matter now I guess.

unpaid_bills
02-23-2005, 10:17 PM
The Raiders will still stink, even with Moss. Just more chances for him to F-up and get arrested or something. He is a classless A Hole in my book.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-24-2005, 12:08 AM
Umm guys we have to play these Raiders again this yr. in Oakland again just thought you might want to know.

The Natrix
02-24-2005, 12:37 AM
We'll pretend Kerry Collins is Bledsoe and blitz him from all angles. :up:

Clements will shut down Moss. Maybe he won't be trying anyway. :idunno:

MDolphins2005
02-24-2005, 02:24 AM
I do not know about you guys (Bills Fan) ...but I sure am glad he is not a JET!

Moss & Moss would have given Sam Madison & Patrick Surtain nightmares...even in their PRIME.

If the Jets would have gotten Randy Moss and the Phins Traded Patrick Surtain...OUCH!!! When the Phins played them it would look like the Pats vs. Steelers in 2003....Pass, Pass, Pass, Pass...TD...BLOWOUT!!! lol

;)

MDolphins2005
02-24-2005, 02:28 AM
We'll pretend Kerry Collins is Bledsoe and blitz him from all angles. :up:

Clements will shut down Moss. Maybe he won't be trying anyway. :idunno:
Yeah Kerry will throw the FORCED PASS under pressure much like Drew has done in the past couple of years. But he does have a good deep ball and Moss can out jump any DB.

Clements nor any other DB can shut down Moss. They can only hope to contain him....Kinda like when Vick runs the ball.

The Natrix
02-24-2005, 02:29 AM
It doesn't really matter what the jets do. The Fins will still suck. :up:

MDolphins2005
02-24-2005, 02:59 AM
It doesn't really matter what the jets do. The Fins will still suck. :up:
BREAKING NEWS....

The Bills will be drafting Virginia Tech's waterboy with the #1 overall pick in this years draft.

Here is how it happened...

The Bills Front Office was told by the Waterboys Agent that he would be a superstar from day 1. He went on to say that he will rush for 1,000 yards and throw for 5,000 yards as a rookie. The deal almost did not get done until the Bills saw that the Waterboy was talking on his cell phone....;)...So they made the move to trade up and draft him before the other teams could. But in the end the Waterboys agent told the press that it was HIM talking on the phone with his Overpaid Waterboy. He said it was like taking candy from a baby working over the Bills.

...;)

You said that the Phins will still suck...We had our 1st losing season since the START of FREE AGENCY. If we suck after one bad season...what does that say about the Jills..I mean Bills?

I come in peace...but I will defend my team.

The_Philster
02-24-2005, 03:19 AM
I agree with you. This isn't a church choir we're assembling. It's a football team.

Phil would be happy with a bunch of nice crappy ass players instead of a few jerks who are great players.

I guess it's better to suck with nice guys then it is to win with jerks.
class players can win as well...or has it escaeped your memory about the Super Bowl teams...no criminals on the Bills back then :up:

Here is where you're wrong, bro.

Phil is a master game watcher. He has special knowledge of the game that everyone else doesn't see besides him. Just ask him, he will tell you.:rolleyes: This because I'm not a Wysian stat-drooler?