PDA

View Full Version : Why do you wish Drew success w/ Dallas?

Mr. Cynical
02-23-2005, 05:40 PM
Why anyone wishes that he does well with Dallas is beyond all rational thought.

1. The Cowboys embarrassed the Bills twice in the SB in front of millions.
2. We traded a #1 and lost $21M for 3 lousy seasons.

Why would you want to see him bring a hated team to victory, especially when he didn't do that here?????? That would be like putting a bucket of salt on an open wound.

Philagape
02-23-2005, 05:40 PM
:curse: Dallas

ddaryl
02-23-2005, 05:44 PM
its just the classy thing to do. Why swallow the bitter pill

Novacane
02-23-2005, 06:18 PM
I hope he has the worst season of his NFL career!

The King
02-23-2005, 06:23 PM
Being a kid from Boston Drew brought football to my living room. And I will support him until his last game. End of story

Novacane
02-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Being a kid from Boston Drew brought football to my living room. And I will support him until his last game. End of story

not trying to start something.......just asking. Were you a Pats fan until Drew came to Buffalo? Did you like the Bills before Drew came here?

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2005, 06:29 PM
Why anyone wishes that he does well with Dallas is beyond all rational thought.

1. The Cowboys embarrassed the Bills twice in the SB in front of millions.
2. We traded a #1 and lost $21M for 3 lousy seasons.

Why would you want to see him bring a hated team to victory, especially when he didn't do that here?????? That would be like putting a bucket of salt on an open wound.
Why not? Who cares?

Mr. Cynical
02-23-2005, 06:37 PM
not trying to start something.......just asking. Were you a Pats fan until Drew came to Buffalo? Did you like the Bills before Drew came here?
Good question.

BAM
02-23-2005, 06:44 PM
I hope he does well. I like Drew. :idunno:

I do not dwell on the past.

I do hope we do much better of course though. :up:

Iehoshua
02-23-2005, 06:48 PM
Screw Drew! :up:

jamze132
02-23-2005, 06:53 PM
I had wished Drew luck once he was released, but I take that all back now that he joined the Cowgirls. If he would have went anywhere else (excpet Miami), I would support him and wish him luck. But screw that!

The_Philster
02-23-2005, 06:54 PM
He's an ex-Bill...did what he could...wasn't good enough. Some of us just don't have a personal hatred of the guy, I guess :idunno:

Novacane
02-23-2005, 06:57 PM
He's an ex-Bill...did what he could...wasn't good enough. Some of us just don't have a personal hatred of the guy, I guess :idunno:

We hate Dallas! I don't wish anyone on that team success. If he'd of gone to AZ I could have cared less how he did!

The_Philster
02-23-2005, 06:59 PM
We hate Dallas! I don't wish anyone on that team success. If he'd of gone to AZ I could have cared less how he did!

as far as team success, I agree...I have no fondness for the Cowboys and seeing them go 0-16 wouldn't hurt my feelings in the least...but individual players can play well even on teams that lose.

Canadian'eh!
02-23-2005, 07:15 PM
I don't give a crap if Dallas goes 16-0 as long as they lose the Super bowl tot he Bills. we don't play them and i just don't give a **** what NFC teams do.

DynaPaul
02-23-2005, 07:45 PM
I don't wish him well. I hated him as a Patriot. Accepted and then was over annoyed with him as a Bill. And now I'm back to hating him as a Cowboy. Things come full circle and I hope anyone isn't going to come in with that "but he's a CLASSY guy" BS!

G. Host
02-23-2005, 08:18 PM

I did not want the Bills to sign him in the first place but I accepted him when he became a Bill. And I discovered he WAS a good guy especially for the community; at the training camp some lame fan was next in line to get a signature turned around and chatted with a fan so he asked my daughter if she wanted an autograph even though she was not in that line so he showed he was concerned about the fans.

And now being in Texas he is practical an :mex: now. If the Cowpokes have a game in Mexico as the NFL is pushing for there will be 100,000 :mex: cheering for him! You would some would be happy with their Nostodamus predictions! :rofl:

Dozerdog
02-23-2005, 08:21 PM
Why the obsession with those who do like the guy?

He's gone. Move on.

Demon
02-23-2005, 08:26 PM

I agree. Like him or not (and for the record i don't lol) but he gave his all here and he tried his best to bring a title to Buffalo. It didn't work out.

And besides, if he does well, and we stuggle, it will give us something good to talk about at school, work and press. lol

BAM
02-23-2005, 08:29 PM
I hear you Dozer.

Its like a gigantic homo-flamboyant gang bang around here now that DB is gone.

Kenny
02-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Im actually happy he's going to the Cowgirls... kind of like killing two birds with one stone once that franchise goes through another pathetic season.

Jan Reimers
02-24-2005, 09:11 AM
I think offering your best wishes to someone, even if that person is not your favorite, demonstrates graciousness and class. It's like shaking hands and wishing your opponent good luck, even after a vicious game where you've been badly beaten.

I know from experience that it's very difficult to be a good loser.

But with Drew, the Amigos finally won! Can't you at least be gracious winners?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-24-2005, 09:27 AM
I am a Bills fan and root for the Bills no matter who is here. When Drew was here, I rooted for him to be successful.

Now that he is gone I could give two ****s what happens to him.

Same with any other player that leaves....once they are gone, I don't think about them.

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2005, 09:42 AM
I hope he does well.

Meathead
02-24-2005, 09:48 AM
To give the pathological haters something to think about. Every little bit helps.

The King
02-24-2005, 09:59 AM

Yes and Yes..... Thats the abridged version I typed a novel, but I dont know if its all that interesting to post

illusionone
02-24-2005, 10:59 AM
I am from Boston as well and I feel the same way :posrep:

BAM
02-24-2005, 11:00 AM
I think offering your best wishes to someone, even if that person is not your favorite, demonstrates graciousness and class. It's like shaking hands and wishing your opponent good luck, even after a vicious game where you've been badly beaten.

:up:

Typ0
02-24-2005, 11:21 AM
I tipped my hat as an Amigo because I thought Drew was no longer a good fit for the Bills. We paid a lot for him and he took us through a very difficult time. Like it or not, Drew has done a lot to salvage the character of this team at a time it could have seriously gone downhill. The players we have had in his tenure, people like Larry Centers, have made it clear the pride this organziation has. We may not have had all the pieces in place to be serious competitors but these guys never lost site of that competetive attitude. I also give GW a lot of respect in this area.

Why would I wish Drew success? Because I am a team player contrary to a lot of accusations that go around because I no longer thought Drew was a good fit here. When all is said and done, when people are successful it makes life much more enjoyable. Drew is now an excellent fit in Dallas and will enjoy some success there. In the next two years they are going to have a chance to take their program to the next level. That's the commitment that Jones made when he brought in the Tuna. Drew brings a lot to the table to help the Cowboys improve and people deserve to be in a position to succeed. Here are some things that make Drew and Dallas a good fit:

1) Skills. Drew has a lot of skill. Cowboys have been so hungry for decent performance from the QB position. Last season, if they had someone who was really capable of doing it, they had an excellent shot at making the playoffs.

2) Experience. Drew is experienced not just as a QB but also in the process of building a team. He will be able to come in and adapt to the situation and try and make the best of it.

3) Durability. Drew is on the field playing. This is huge for Dallas as they are so young and won't have all the tools in place even this year to make a deep playoff run. They need a QB they can bank on being on the field. Does that guarantee Drew won't get hurt? No. But it sure looks like the odds are a lot higher against his spending time on the bench.

4) Character. Going with durability is the character he can instill on the team by being there on the field. Character solidifies the team. Drew has the kind of character that helps to hold a team together through tough times. Sometimes this is the difference between getting some wins and getting shut out.

5) Performance. Drew will perform well against weaker NFC opponents.

6) Conviction. Drew is convinced he is going to take the Cowboys to the superbowl.

7) Comfort. Tuna is intimidating especially to a young team. Drew is going to be able to go in there and help to show the squad the method to Tuna's madness. This will take a lot of pressure off the players. Parcells is totally performance oriented. He INSISTS on performance. The players will learn how to have fun under this requirement and be much more relaxed to do their jobs and reach higher levels. The previous six points will culminate in a higher comfort level for the team and likely will equal more wins.

I think Bledsoe and the Cowboys have a lot of opportunity for success together. Dallas is in a transitional stage and Bledsoe is a good fit to help with that transition as was proven here in Buffalo. If they do find this success, they also will meet with a time they have to realize Bledsoe cannot take them further. I think and hope Drew will find success in Dallas because I wish the best on people.

The King
02-24-2005, 11:26 AM
I think Bledsoe and the Cowboys have a lot of opportunity for success together. Dallas is in a transitional stage and Bledsoe is a good fit to help with that transition as was proven here in Buffalo. If they do find this success, they also will meet with a time they have to realize Bledsoe cannot take them further. I think and hope Drew will find success in Dallas because I wish the best on people.

Great Post. :clap:

Michael82
02-24-2005, 12:09 PM

If you read the posts of all the amigos...they don't know how to be gracious. They will never stop beating the :deadhorse: because they can't get enough. :shakeno:

Jeff1220
02-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Listen, there's no obsession here. I hoped they'd go with JP and they did. While Drew was the QB, I doubted him, but still rooted for him. You guys can debate it all you want, but Drew Bledsoe is a classy guy - especially vs. the norm for an NFL player. While it won't by any means upset me to see the Cowboys lose next year, I do hope Drew has some measure of success there. I can't stand the Cowboys, but I can't help but hope for good things for good people. Drew is a guy who puts a lot of time and money into the communities he is a part of. He is also a devoted father of 4 and puts time and money into his foundation that promotes proper parenting. These aren't things that the guy has to do, it's something that he does because he has the means and platform to make a small measure of difference. He's not the only football player that does this, and I would root for other character players as well. There are other guys on the Bills that I would like to see do well if and when they leave too. :soap:

AndreReed83
02-24-2005, 12:45 PM
Honestly, if he has success, awesome. But if he doesn't, great, he sucked here and in my opinion he's lucky just to have another starting job somewhere.

DynaPaul
02-24-2005, 04:46 PM
Honestly, if he has success, awesome. But if he doesn't, great, he sucked here and in my opinion he's lucky just to have another starting job somewhere.

But... but... he's a

CLASSY GUY!!!

Mr. Cynical
02-24-2005, 05:10 PM
I'm a Bills fan, first and foremost. Sorry, but I just can't root for a team that brutalized and embarrassed us in front of millions of people. And to root for Drew to do well and bring them success is rooting for Dallas. That's what I just can't understand. :idunno:

Typ0
02-24-2005, 05:27 PM
There is a difference between rooting for someone and having respect for someone and wishing them success.

Mr. Cynical
02-24-2005, 05:30 PM
There is a difference between rooting for someone and having respect for someone and wishing them success.
If you root for Drew, that means you want him to do well. If he does well, then the chances of Dallas winning increases. That's my point. By rooting for Drew you are inherently rooting for Dallas. You can't realistically separate the two.

Typ0
02-24-2005, 05:33 PM
I wish all franchises success even though I am a die hard bills fan. I love the game....it would be boring if the Bills were the only successful team in the league. Besides....I can root for Dallas I'm not in the least bit threatened by them and DB :snicker:

Mr. Cynical
02-24-2005, 05:43 PM
It would be boring if the Bills were the only successful team in the league.
No it wouldn't. :D

Jeff1220
02-24-2005, 06:08 PM
If you root for Drew, that means you want him to do well. If he does well, then the chances of Dallas winning increases. That's my point. By rooting for Drew you are inherently rooting for Dallas. You can't realistically separate the two.

Drew made the probowl and threw for over 4k his first year w/ the Bills.
The Bills went 8-8. At the time it seemed promising, but not what I'd call a successful season.