PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe Predictions

DynaPaul
02-23-2005, 07:25 PM
So now that Bledsoe is a Cowboy, how do you think his stint in Dallas will pan out for him?

My prediction is that it'll be Buffalo Part 2 for Drew. He'll arrive in Dallas to much fanfare and will start out this coming season smoking hot. His first 8 games will be just like his first here in Buffalo. All the critics will say, "That Tom Donahoe sure did make a big time blunder in letting THIS talent slip away!" Then, once Drew gets comfortable that the Cowboys are "his team", he'll settle down into the mediocrity that he's famous for. Once he gets full into his Keystone Kops routine, probably in his second season if not sooner, the Dallas fans will start making the excuses. You know 'em all:

The line isn't blocking good!

The offensive coordinator isn't catering to Drew's talent!

If only we had a top notch (insert position here)!

There will be lots of press conferences where Drew will say, "Uhhhh... we just didn't... ummmm... execute. That's all there is to it. I know... uhhhhh... that I didn't play as well as.... ummmm... I could have".

Soon the fans will start to realize why 2 other teams cut him loose even with the magical reputation he seemingly has. Then it'll be the same thing all over again. Except this time I wonder if he'll accept the backup role, try and start for another team, or go retire at his ranch in Montana that he's so fond of?

One last thing, and this bothers me, after all of the kind words he said about the Bills fans and Bills organization, why did he go ahead and say this?

``It's an offense, that, when I looked at it, it was very enticing,'' Bledsoe said. ``I can't wait to go home and dress my kids in little stars and get rid of the other team's stuff.''

Iehoshua
02-23-2005, 07:31 PM
http://www.southcoasttoday.com/daily/11-96/11-18-96/stopstik.jpg
The JPD has determined there are too many threads about this Dallas QB and not enough about the Almighty JP Losman. Please cease and desist these threads immediately or you will be ticketed.

Novacane
02-23-2005, 07:31 PM
Thier fans are already not happy about him.

http://mb11.scout.com/fcowboyupdatefrm10

G. Host
02-23-2005, 10:24 PM
The JPD has determined there are too many threads about this Dallas QB and not enough about the Almighty JP Losman. Please cease and desist these threads immediately or you will be ticketed.

Free tickets for starting threads about Bledsoe? Sign me up! No wonder the Taco Bunch has been talking about Bledsoe so much - they get free tickets! :rofl:

jamze132
02-24-2005, 11:04 AM
It's kind of funny, The Cowgirl fans have always thought that we where beneath them. And now they get our trash. What a world! There were so many Cowgirl fans in the bar talking smack about how much better Dallas was than Buffalo, just for the mere fact that we had Drew. I can't wait to see those doucheholes in the fall.

STAMPY
02-24-2005, 12:51 PM
i think drew will play better in dallas than in buffalo. He'll get 25 TDs- 14 INTS, win 8 games next year too

AndreReed83
02-24-2005, 12:56 PM
I agree whole-heartedly. Bledsoe is entering Buffalo part II. He's gonna do great, cool off, turn freezing cold, make the Cowboys fix other "problems", fix MORE "Problems", than finally just realize that Bledsoe is the problem and cut him in favor of Henson or whatever first round pick they spend on a quaterback in the next three seasons.

AndreReed83
02-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Btw, what is up with that quote by Bledsoe? We treated him great here until he started playing bad, that is sports, it's not like he ever won anything here to deserve no backlash anyway. Plus, 'little stars' Dallas is a much worse crime ridden city than Buffalo and I'd live in Buffalo ANYDAY over Dallas. GET REAL BLEDSOE, how about you 'mature up' and just take being cut like a man. He really should, how many guys suck for three season, get cut at his age, and get signed to quaterback 'America's Team'? Bleh....

Thailog80
02-24-2005, 01:04 PM
I predict Lavar Arrington is going to go Terry Tate on him!!!!!!!!!!!

The Natrix
02-24-2005, 01:15 PM
I hope he falls flat on his face and Dallas goes 4-12.

Mr. Cynical
02-24-2005, 05:17 PM
:roflmao:

Mr. Cynical
02-24-2005, 05:19 PM
I hope he falls flat on his face and Dallas goes 4-12.
:bf1:

Spoken like a true BILLS fan. Hoping that a team that DESTROYED us in 2 SBs falls flat on it's face. And the chances of that happening are much higher if Drew falls flat on his.

Drive 4 Five
02-24-2005, 05:48 PM
Bledsoe is absolutley an improvement over Testeverde so in that sense the Cowboys have upgraded the postion. However, listening to Jerry Jones go on about how they believe that Bledsoe is the man to get them back to the Super Bowl is laughable. There is no way in hell that is going to happen. The problem with Bledsoe is that when the game is on the line, and a team has forced the team in the position where Bledsoe has to make the plays to win the game, he will fail miserably just as he did so many times in Buffalo. If you shut down the running game and force Bledsoe to make plays under duress he collapses. That is as sure a thing as there is in this league and no coach, no team is going to change that. You could put this guy behind the best line with the best receivers and a great running back and he is still going to make the same mistakes that seem to define his career. He is a mediocre quarterback at best whose strong arm seems to fool people into believing that he is or can be great given the right situation. The truth of the matter is that the complete lack of mobility and poor decision making is what will ultimately lead to his failure in any offense regardless of the coaches and players around him. This is his last chance as a starter and it will not be any different than what he demonstrated in New England or Buffalo.

Jeff1220
02-24-2005, 06:12 PM
Bledsoe is absolutley an improvement over Testeverde so in that sense the Cowboys have upgraded the postion. However, listening to Jerry Jones go on about how they believe that Bledsoe is the man to get them back to the Super Bowl is laughable. There is no way in hell that is going to happen. The problem with Bledsoe is that when the game is on the line, and a team has forced the team in the position where Bledsoe has to make the plays to win the game, he will fail miserably just as he did so many times in Buffalo. If you shut down the running game and force Bledsoe to make plays under duress he collapses. That is as sure a thing as there is in this league and no coach, no team is going to change that. You could put this guy behind the best line with the best receivers and a great running back and he is still going to make the same mistakes that seem to define his career. He is a mediocre quarterback at best whose strong arm seems to fool people into believing that he is or can be great given the right situation. The truth of the matter is that the complete lack of mobility and poor decision making is what will ultimately lead to his failure in any offense regardless of the coaches and players around him. This is his last chance as a starter and it will not be any different than what he demonstrated in New England or Buffalo.

Good assessment. I do see Drew as an upgrade of Testeverde, but w/ him they are certain to fall short. The Eagles should own that division again.

DaBills
02-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Thier fans are already not happy about him.

http://mb11.scout.com/fcowboyupdatefrm10

I'm laughing reading those posts. It sounds like most of us three years ago.

"If only we get Drew help on the O-line, he should be fine..."

"If we surround him with enough weapons, because we have more than Buffalo, he should do great..."

"His WRs let him down..."

"Drew is a definite upgrade over Vinny. He doesn't have the bad TD/INT rate Vinny does..."

"Drew won six games down the stretch when it counted..."

I'm dying. I can't go on.

:funny:

The Natrix
02-24-2005, 08:44 PM
I think this post sums it up best:

"My goal isn't to be a .500 team or a fringe wild card team. My goal is to win championships -- so I want to acquire players that position the Cowboys closer to becoming a Super Bowl team.

My persona opinion is that Drew Bledsoe makes us a better team than where we were with Vinny Testaverde. I'm also of the opinion that swinging a trade for Chicago RB Anthony Thomas last season would've made us a better team than where we were with Troy Hambrick.

But that doesn't mean that either move would position us any closer to the Super Bowl. Consider:

Drew Bledsoe spent about a decade in New England, with great teammates, coaches, & a superb supporting cast. He didn't win a Super Bowl. In the four years since he ceased being their full-time starter, New England has won three Super Bowls. Next, Buffalo gave Bledsoe a shot. After three non-playoff seasons, Buffalo decided that they would be better served by playing an inexperienced kid than sticking with Drew Bledsoe.

Those are two franchises -- with MUCH fewer holes than the Cowboys -- that decided Drew Bledsoe wasn't the answer.

If he wasn't the answer for two teams that are closer to being a complete team than WE are... how is it that we're any closer to being a championship team right now?"