X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Fiedler released

Does this open the door for him becoming JP's back up?

I think if we don't get Matthews back he would actually be a good way to go. He is mobile enough. He has a winning record. He can win if you give him a solid run game and a tough defense. He is the best option out there now besides Matthews.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • MDolphins2005
    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Romes
    http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/10976388.htm?1c

I think if we don't get Matthews back he would actually be a good way to go. He is mobile enough. He has a winning record. He can win if you give him a solid run game and a tough defense. He is the best option out there now besides Matthews.
    I am torn on this one...Part of me wants you guys to sign him to a LONG TERM DEAL. But the other side of me says man not even the Bills deserve that.

Jay is not a winning QB...The Miami Dolphins Defense won the GAMES for him. All Jay every did was not lose the games that the DEFENSE WON.

Trust me he is an INT away from being set out to pasture. If Jay is the best option then that means you guys waited until the season started. Only then would Jay be the best answer.

Funny thing is that he was quoted saying he would like to play for the JETS....I hope they sign him....They have no class...So they do DESERVE him.

Fiedler Interested in Joining Jets ...
    2005-02-22

[Star Ledger] Quarterback Jay Fiedler, a Long Island native expected to be released as early as Tuesday, has told friends he is interested in joining the Jets as Pennington's backup.

Fiedler's release will provide more than $6 million in salary cap relief for Miami.

Jay Fielder = Big Ears flopping in the wind...and INT TD's!!!
    Last edited by MDolphins2005; 02-24-2005, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

Need to register for that link.

I don't understand the Fiedler love. He blows.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

From what I read, Matthews is our first choice to backup JP, with Fiedler in a group of other candidates if Matthews decides to re-retire. I'd like to see if some other QBs are going to be released before we make a decision. Fiedler is smart and knows our division, however, so I guess he wouldn't be the worst choice.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Romes
          • Jul 2002

There is another link.

Its not like I think Fiedler should come here and compete with Losman for the starting job. But looking at other free agent QB's around the league. No one else has the starting experience that is preferable in a back-up to a young QB. I don't think another young QB, like McMahon, as a back up would be a good thing.

Maybe Warner, but he may want to look for somewhere he can compete to start.

Holcombe could be a decent option but he hasn't started as much as Fiedler has.
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Pride
            • Jul 2002

I dont want Fiedler teaching JP anything!

Comment

• MDolphins2005
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Pride
              GOOD MOVE!!!

The only thing that Jay can teach JP is how to throw INT's in BIG GAMES. But I do think that you guys need a GOOD VET to backup JP. Most Rookie QB's struggle the first couple of years. JP is very cocky and has a good amount of talent. But if things do not go his way his cockyness could end of being his downfall. He needs to be cocky to keep his mental game. If he plays bad all year...he will not be cocky and he then would be out of his normal game.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Romes
                http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/10976388.htm?1c

Besides Matthews? He is a much better option THAN Matthews. Matthews Blows if you ask me.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
                  Who do you want as our backup? Matthews can't even be washed up because he was never good.

Comment

• Pride
                    • Jul 2002

Was Reich?

Sometimes the ability to come off of the bench, and not lose a game is just as important as coming into the game and winning it!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Reich was much better than Matthews.

This is a totally different situation. Reich backed up a star QB while Matthews will be backing up a rookie. I have no confidence in Matthews to come in and do anything. I hope he retires so we are forced to get someone else.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

No thanks on Fiedler.

With the whirling winds in RWS, Dumbo wouldn't be able to stand still long enough to throw the ball.

Pass.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Who do you want as our backup? Fiedler would be perfect if you ask me. He is Fairly mobile and would cause us to change gameplans if forced to go in.

Comment

• audio/s
                            • Feb 2005

we dont need him. he is worthless anyway

Comment

• MDolphins2005
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                              No thanks on Fiedler.

With the whirling winds in RWS, Dumbo wouldn't be able to stand still long enough to throw the ball.

Pass.
                              .....L...O...L....

I could see it now..

3rd and long...Jay drops back to pass...OOOOHHH no he is floating away with the ball. Typical Jay he still tries to complete the pass into triple coverage..INT TD! Perhaps if he did not throw the PICK the team might send out the Air Force to find him. Last seen floating near Miami...Never mind a Phin fan just shot him down.....Now his ears are mounted on the fans wall. Man it had better be a BIG WALL!!!
                              Last edited by MDolphins2005; 02-24-2005, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X