PDA

View Full Version : Fiedler released

Romes
02-24-2005, 07:50 AM
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/10976388.htm?1c

Does this open the door for him becoming JP's back up?

I think if we don't get Matthews back he would actually be a good way to go. He is mobile enough. He has a winning record. He can win if you give him a solid run game and a tough defense. He is the best option out there now besides Matthews.

MDolphins2005
02-24-2005, 07:56 AM

I think if we don't get Matthews back he would actually be a good way to go. He is mobile enough. He has a winning record. He can win if you give him a solid run game and a tough defense. He is the best option out there now besides Matthews.I am torn on this one...Part of me wants you guys to sign him to a LONG TERM DEAL. But the other side of me says man not even the Bills deserve that.

Jay is not a winning QB...The Miami Dolphins Defense won the GAMES for him. All Jay every did was not lose the games that the DEFENSE WON.

Trust me he is an INT away from being set out to pasture. If Jay is the best option then that means you guys waited until the season started. Only then would Jay be the best answer.

Funny thing is that he was quoted saying he would like to play for the JETS....I hope they sign him....They have no class...So they do DESERVE him.

Fiedler Interested in Joining Jets ...
2005-02-22

[Star Ledger (http://www.nj.com/jets/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/110905021462680.xml)] Quarterback Jay Fiedler, a Long Island native expected to be released as early as Tuesday, has told friends he is interested in joining the Jets as Pennington's backup.

Fiedler's release will provide more than $6 million in salary cap relief for Miami.

Jay Fielder = Big Ears flopping in the wind...and INT TD's!!!

Earthquake Enyart
02-24-2005, 08:06 AM
Need to register for that link.

I don't understand the Fiedler love. He blows.

Jan Reimers
02-24-2005, 08:12 AM
From what I read, Matthews is our first choice to backup JP, with Fiedler in a group of other candidates if Matthews decides to re-retire. I'd like to see if some other QBs are going to be released before we make a decision. Fiedler is smart and knows our division, however, so I guess he wouldn't be the worst choice.

Romes
02-24-2005, 08:14 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-0223dolphins,0,3817622.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

There is another link.

Its not like I think Fiedler should come here and compete with Losman for the starting job. But looking at other free agent QB's around the league. No one else has the starting experience that is preferable in a back-up to a young QB. I don't think another young QB, like McMahon, as a back up would be a good thing.

Maybe Warner, but he may want to look for somewhere he can compete to start.

Holcombe could be a decent option but he hasn't started as much as Fiedler has.

Pride
02-24-2005, 08:15 AM
I dont want Fiedler teaching JP anything!

MDolphins2005
02-24-2005, 08:22 AM
GOOD MOVE!!!

The only thing that Jay can teach JP is how to throw INT's in BIG GAMES. But I do think that you guys need a GOOD VET to backup JP. Most Rookie QB's struggle the first couple of years. JP is very cocky and has a good amount of talent. But if things do not go his way his cockyness could end of being his downfall. He needs to be cocky to keep his mental game. If he plays bad all year...he will not be cocky and he then would be out of his normal game.

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2005, 08:23 AM

I think if we don't get Matthews back he would actually be a good way to go. He is mobile enough. He has a winning record. He can win if you give him a solid run game and a tough defense. He is the best option out there now besides Matthews.
Besides Matthews? He is a much better option THAN Matthews. Matthews Blows if you ask me.

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2005, 08:28 AM
Who do you want as our backup? Matthews can't even be washed up because he was never good.

Pride
02-24-2005, 08:46 AM
Was Reich?

Sometimes the ability to come off of the bench, and not lose a game is just as important as coming into the game and winning it!

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2005, 08:53 AM
Reich was much better than Matthews.

This is a totally different situation. Reich backed up a star QB while Matthews will be backing up a rookie. I have no confidence in Matthews to come in and do anything. I hope he retires so we are forced to get someone else.

Mr. Miyagi
02-24-2005, 08:56 AM
No thanks on Fiedler.

With the whirling winds in RWS, Dumbo wouldn't be able to stand still long enough to throw the ball.

Pass.

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2005, 08:58 AM
Who do you want as our backup? Fiedler would be perfect if you ask me. He is Fairly mobile and would cause us to change gameplans if forced to go in.

audio/s
02-24-2005, 09:00 AM
we dont need him. he is worthless anyway

MDolphins2005
02-24-2005, 09:02 AM
No thanks on Fiedler.

With the whirling winds in RWS, Dumbo wouldn't be able to stand still long enough to throw the ball.

Pass......L...O...L....

I could see it now..

3rd and long...Jay drops back to pass...OOOOHHH no he is floating away :fly: with the ball. Typical Jay he still tries to complete the pass into triple coverage..INT TD! Perhaps if he did not throw the PICK the team might send out the Air Force to find him. Last seen floating near Miami...Never mind a Phin fan just shot him down.....Now his ears are mounted on the fans wall. Man it had better be a BIG WALL!!! ;)

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2005, 09:03 AM
we dont need him. he is worthless anyway
Who do you want as our Backup then?

mysticsoto
02-24-2005, 09:13 AM
Personally, I think Fiedler would be fine as backup. My only concern is, would he be willing to take a Vet minimum salary? He's gotten used to being paid alot. As a backup, he's got experience and mobility which we should like. I prefer Shane, but if he does decide to retire, Fiedler is a good option for us. And personally, I feel that Fiedler was better than Feeley. Yes, he makes mistakes and isn't a #1 quarterback. That's why I don't mind him as a Bill...AS A BACKUP!!! In truth, any backup QB we get will have something wrong with him. If he didn't, he wouldn't be a backup...he'd be starting!!!

The Natrix
02-24-2005, 09:46 AM
I think Fiedler would be the ideal backup. Get this done TD!

Jayhawk
02-24-2005, 09:53 AM
log would be a better backup

Philagape
02-24-2005, 10:56 AM
All Jay every did was not lose the games that the DEFENSE WON.

Sounds perfect for a Bills backup. We know from last season that it's not the QB who's supposed to win games for us.

jamze132
02-24-2005, 10:57 AM
Whoever Donahoe brings in will be fine.

Kerr
02-24-2005, 10:57 AM
Get matthews, if not, sign Fiedler.

Those who keep saying fiedler stinks, I ask you who do you want as a backup then?
Dumbo has a winning record against us. Dumbo has beaten us on our turf. Dumbo has shown he can play in cold windy weather.
I was never a fan of fielder considering he was a 'fin, but right now he's the realistic best option behind matthews.

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2005, 10:58 AM
Dude Matthews STINKS. Fiedler would be #2 by a large margin.

Kerr
02-24-2005, 11:02 AM
That's not our call. The brass is enamored with shane as the backup. He's their first choice whether we like it or not. After that, fielder is the best option in my opinion.

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2005, 11:03 AM
Hopefully he retires.

Bill Brasky
02-24-2005, 11:05 AM
Whoever Donahoe brings in will be fine.

:roflmao: OK

They both suck. I hope they can get somebody else. This is the tough reality of dumping Bledsoe, even though DB wanted to be a starter, we would have had a superb backup. Now we're stuck with really crappy options and it's bad news considering JP will probably get hurt at some point in the year.

The Natrix
02-24-2005, 11:06 AM
The only thing Shane has on Jay is a year in the Bills organization. Fiedler is superior in every other aspect. God for bid if something happens to Losman early and he's out for an extended period of time, I'd much rather have Fiedler in there.

The Natrix
02-24-2005, 11:09 AM
Any word on what other teams are interested in Jay?

Bill Brasky
02-24-2005, 11:11 AM
Any word on what other teams are interested in Jay?

I heard the Jets... but don't they have Quincy Carter still?? I don't understand why they'd wanna take Dumbo over Cokehead.

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2005, 11:12 AM
:roflmao: OK

They both suck. I hope they can get somebody else. This is the tough reality of dumping Bledsoe, even though DB wanted to be a starter, we would have had a superb backup. Now we're stuck with really crappy options and it's bad news considering JP will probably get hurt at some point in the year.
Who would you rather have? I say Fiedler fits perfectly.

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2005, 11:13 AM
I heard the Jets... but don't they have Quincy Carter still?? I don't understand why they'd wanna take Dumbo over Cokehead.
Because he is a smart veteran. Carter is a cokehead. I think it is self explanatory.

The Natrix
02-24-2005, 11:16 AM

I'd take cokehead here in a second!

As for Fiedler, it may be his best shot at playing time by coming to the Bills. I'm a big JP fan but the fact he broke his leg after a half-hearted hit has me concerned. I think Jay knows this and also is intrigued about the prospect of going up against Feelme. Even if JP is in there doing well, Jay can be a good coach I think.

Bill Brasky
02-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Who would you rather have? I say Fiedler fits perfectly.

Because he is a smart veteran. Carter is a cokehead. I think it is self explanatory.

I disagree here. Fiedler had a great defense AND the luxury of Ricky Williams bailing him out... and he still couldn't win games.

Carter had virtually nothing to work with in Dallas, with the exception of MeShawn who is subpar at best and he took them to the playoffs.

Please spare me that BS about Parcells being the difference in your reply, cuz I'm sure some of you will... look at what happened to them this year when they went w/ Vinny over Cokehead Carter.

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Cokehead left his team in the playoffs last year. I don't want players who aren't guaranteed to be there if you need him.

Earthquake Enyart
02-24-2005, 11:25 AM
I'd take Shaun King before I took Carter or Fiedler. They all blow.

The backup should be mobile so the offense wouldn't need a wholesale change if JP goes down.

Bill Brasky
02-24-2005, 11:27 AM
Shaun King

Another guy's name I haven't heard in a while. Is he a FA?? I might still take Kordell over him based on the fact that Kordell has played w/ MM... but King would be a better option that Fiedler as well.

The Natrix
02-24-2005, 11:29 AM
Cokehead would definitely be my first choice! I just didn't know that the jets were thinking about getting rid of him until now.

I would probably rank the potential backups as:

1. Quincy
2. Jay
3. Kordell
4. Blake
5. Shaun King

Michael82
02-24-2005, 12:17 PM
How long until Brad Johnson is released? That's who I want teaching JP Losman and being his backup.

Big M
02-24-2005, 12:20 PM
:
This is the tough reality of dumping Bledsoe, even though DB wanted to be a starter, we would have had a superb backup.

Right. And my aunt with a beard would have made a superb uncle.

ShadowHawk7
02-24-2005, 03:52 PM
I'd rather have Blake, Banks, Holcomb, and maybe even O'Donnell over Fiedler

Mr. Miyagi
02-24-2005, 04:14 PM
How long until Brad Johnson is released? That's who I want teaching JP Losman and being his backup.
Let's release one statue to bring in another. Hell no. :down:

Mr. Miyagi
02-24-2005, 04:14 PM
I'd take Shaun King before I took Carter or Fiedler. They all blow.

The backup should be mobile so the offense wouldn't need a wholesale change if JP goes down.
Carter is VERY mobile.

Mr. Cynical
02-24-2005, 05:16 PM
Jay is not a winning QB...The Miami Dolphins Defense won the GAMES for him. All Jay every did was not lose the games that the DEFENSE WON.
Sounds exactly like Drew but alot cheaper. I dunno...I could live with it I guess but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Brad528
02-24-2005, 06:54 PM
I would laugh my arse off if you brought him in to play backup and he beat Losman out for the starting job. Gay Keibler has a way of doing that to qbs that are better then him seeing how he some how got the starting job over Griese and Feeley even though he sucks

MDolphins2005
02-25-2005, 08:46 AM
Get matthews, if not, sign Fiedler.

Those who keep saying fiedler stinks, I ask you who do you want as a backup then?
Dumbo has a winning record against us. Dumbo has beaten us on our turf. Dumbo has shown he can play in cold windy weather.
I was never a fan of fielder considering he was a 'fin, but right now he's the realistic best option behind matthews.
Not really...

Miami Defense is the MAIN reason why Jay has a WINNING RECORD. As far as Jay playing well in windy weather....LOL. Jay has a NOODLE for an ARM and STRUGGLES to throw into a 2 mph wind. Jay is a average back-up for most teams at BEST.

Kerr
02-25-2005, 09:08 AM
Not really...

Miami Defense is the MAIN reason why Jay has a WINNING RECORD. As far as Jay playing well in windy weather....LOL. Jay has a NOODLE for an ARM and STRUGGLES to throw into a 2 mph wind. Jay is a average back-up for most teams at BEST.

Nay. Miami D does get most of the credit, but the guy did not make many mistakes. Considering we have one of the top D's in the league, we basically need a qb who can manage the game and not lose it for us. I think fielder can do those things. He doesn't have the greatest arm, but neither did Alex Van Pelt. Was anyone worried about him playing at the Ralph with the winds blowing? I don't recall.

MDolphins2005
02-25-2005, 09:31 AM
Nay. Miami D does get most of the credit, but the guy did not make many mistakes. Considering we have one of the top D's in the league, we basically need a qb who can manage the game and not lose it for us. I think fielder can do those things. He doesn't have the greatest arm, but neither did Alex Van Pelt. Was anyone worried about him playing at the Ralph with the winds blowing? I don't recall.
Wow...you do know that I am a DIE HARD PHIN FAN right? lol

Jay has never had a better season than +5 TD - INT ratio. That was the 2002 season he played in 11 games. He threw 14 (lol) TD's and 9 INT's.

His career:

TD's: 68
INT's: 66

and you say he does not make many mistakes...yeah and Drew Bledsoe is one of the BEST RUNNING QB's of ALL-TIME!!!

LOL...lol..lol...sorry can not help it...lol..lol...Jay does not make many mistakes....I hope my keyboard can hold up to the tears that are falling on it from my laughing...oh god it hurts to laugh this hard...oh please stop the pain. Tell me you were joking...oh wait you did that on purpose and now I need a doctor.

Thanks for being so cruel....GOD IT HURTS!!!

I take it back I said on a thread that you guys do not derseve him. But know that I must buy a new keyboard and see a doctor about my injury from laughing....I HOPE YOU SIGN HIM!!!

You do need a good back up QB...JP could be good or another JF.

You need a good back up RB...Most injuires like WM's come back.

Jay can do both good luck and I can not wait to see Jay TRY to throw vs. the Phins D!!!!

Kerr
02-25-2005, 09:41 AM
Wow...you do know that I am a DIE HARD PHIN FAN right? lol

Jay has never had a better season than +5 TD - INT ratio. That was the 2002 season he played in 11 games. He threw 14 (lol) TD's and 9 INT's.

His career:

TD's: 68
INT's: 66

and you say he does not make many mistakes...yeah and Drew Bledsoe is one of the BEST RUNNING QB's of ALL-TIME!!!

LOL...lol..lol...sorry can not help it...lol..lol...Jay does not make many mistakes....I hope my keyboard can hold up to the tears that are falling on it from my laughing...oh god it hurts to laugh this hard...oh please stop the pain. Tell me you were joking...oh wait you did that on purpose and now I need a doctor.

Thanks for being so cruel....GOD IT HURTS!!!

I take it back I said on a thread that you guys do not derseve him. But know that I must buy a new keyboard and see a doctor about my injury from laughing....I HOPE YOU SIGN HIM!!!

You do need a good back up QB...JP could be good or another JF.

You need a good back up RB...Most injuires like WM's come back.

Jay can do both good luck and I can not wait to see Jay TRY to throw vs. the Phins D!!!!

Good find on the stats. Ok then who's a better qb out there? Please, tell me. Kurt Warner? Brad Johnson? No they're statues. Kordell Stewart? He's so erratic. Jeff Garcia? Would like him here, but he's going to detroit or tampa.

MDolphins2005
02-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Good find on the stats. Ok then who's a better qb out there? Please, tell me. Kurt Warner? Brad Johnson? No they're statues. Kordell Stewart? He's so erratic. Jeff Garcia? Would like him here, but he's going to detroit or tampa.I was not trying to be mean...really.

1) Jeff Garcia ~ He has something to prove. With the Browns they did not use him. They tried to make him play in a system not fit for his talents. Bad move for any offense...not using the QB's talents and trying to make him something that he is not. Take Vick for example...Make him a pocket QB and do NOT allow him to run...He is average at BEST. Allow him to play back yard football and scramble around fake the run for a split second and throw the ball 80 yards down field..TD!

2) Kurt Warner ~ His down years were due to playing with INJURIES to the throwing hand. That and the FACT that Mike Martz is a FOOL. When Warner is in the game...Faulk would have like 5 touches a game. When Bulger is in Faulk would be a workhorse that sets up the passing attack for scores.

3) Quincy Carter ~ Good skills outside of the pocket. Still needs work on field vision. But has the tools to be a good starter. Needs to find a team and stay PUT! So he can learn a system. Otherwise much like Kordell he will have a new OC every year and it will catch up to him. His game will be hurt due to it.

4) Jeff Blake ~ GREAT DEEP BALL PASSER...that is the best way to beat Miami's defense. He can scramble if he HAS to but makes good throws over 15 yards. Really good arm strength and has playing experience that you would want for a QB backing up a rookie.

5) Kordell Stewart ~ He has had some good seasons with REALLY bad throws. But it might be because every year he learns a new system and the guy is not that bright. But put a good team around him and let him do his thing (NOT THROW 30+) he is a good player at times.

6) Mike McMahon ~ Joey got the job because of the contract not Mike's playing abiity. He would be the BEST choice if you can get him. His cap number should be low and given the chance he might out play JP once he feels good about the system.

You guys much like Miami: Win like this.
1) DEFENSE
2) Running Game
3) Passing Attack from playaction passes

You do not need a star QB. You need a good backup running back more than a Backup QB.

Once Henry is playing elsewhere..you had better PRAY that WM stays healthy. If you have him all season with your defense. You are going to put your team in a position to WIN games late in the season.

This is what I would worry about if I loved the Bills like you.

1) RB ~ One hit away from wishing you still had henry..maybe I HOPE NOT!! I hate to see ANY player EVER get HURT!
2) OL ~ The rookie QB is going to need the extra split second to read and react. The running game is the offense it will setup the playaction pass to moulds and evans for the BIG score. Then the running game & defense kills the clock.
3) QB ~ Any Rookie QB is gonna struggle at times. Most people think that Big Ben is the SECOND coming of Christ himself. I got news for you guys..He is good qb at best. He plays with the BEST DEFENSE in the league. A coach that puts his QB in the right position to win. The Running game was great for them...and the OL was a PROBOWL OL! So as long as your OL & Defense does their job and WM healthy....JP will do just fine even if he really sucks. It will not show for a couple of seasons.
4) Miami...had to put that in there..After all most of the post here towards Miami are whack. I try to keep things real..lol

As of right now...predraft...preFA...preinjuries...
1) Pats ~ Until some team proves othewise.
2) Bills ~ Jets ~ Miami....All three teams have GOOD SOLID TALENT. It will be a dogfight!!! The division will be back to tiebreakers to see who is going home and who is gonna make a SB run.

MDolphins2005
02-25-2005, 10:42 AM
The problem that you will find is that Most QB's that are going to give you a chance to win...are not going to want to play behind a rookie.

Also if you do get a player off that list do not think for a second that they could not OUT PLAY JP for the STARTING role given a FAIR CHANCE.

Much like Miami is going to have a HARD time finding a DC to work under the PIT BOSS Saben. You are going to have trouble signing a QB to play behind a Rookie QB.

MDolphins2005
02-25-2005, 10:46 AM
Why do I have a -4 on rep points. I tell it like it is. If that is a problem reading the truth and facts...then let me try this for some points.

1) Bills are the Best team ever.
2) JP is the next marino
3) Evans is going to be the next jerry rice
4) The pats are scared of the BILLS DEFENSE
5) Every fan is only right if they pick the Bills to win

I tried the truth...it did not work..

That is a little whack to see - rep.....really it is.

That makes no sense...I read a lot of threads on here...some are good and on point...others are homers just like any other fan website. But giving me - points is whack....save that for your post about setting records and sb titles from a team that is eating half of the worlds snickers...lol...hungry?

MDolphins2005
02-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Later...- points....lol

only here...lol

I have 35 post in like 2 days...lol...and the best you can do is - 4. Come on hit me hard....

- 35,0000....would seem to be a better fit for a poster that tells the truth and facts. Even if he is a Dolphin fan...right?

Lol....here let me help you..

Just read the snickers line above...I know you are rolling in the floor when you read that line...I still am!!!

How about the Phone call from the agent to the player line...to get the deal done..?

Okay hit baby...come on 21....no snake eyes...no whammy's....daddy needs a new fur coat...lol

Later,
Phin Fan...not even a snickers fan...you can keep them.

Kerr
02-25-2005, 11:29 AM
I was not trying to be mean...really.

1) Jeff Garcia ~ He has something to prove. With the Browns they did not use him. They tried to make him play in a system not fit for his talents. Bad move for any offense...not using the QB's talents and trying to make him something that he is not. Take Vick for example...Make him a pocket QB and do NOT allow him to run...He is average at BEST. Allow him to play back yard football and scramble around fake the run for a split second and throw the ball 80 yards down field..TD!

2) Kurt Warner ~ His down years were due to playing with INJURIES to the throwing hand. That and the FACT that Mike Martz is a FOOL. When Warner is in the game...Faulk would have like 5 touches a game. When Bulger is in Faulk would be a workhorse that sets up the passing attack for scores.

3) Quincy Carter ~ Good skills outside of the pocket. Still needs work on field vision. But has the tools to be a good starter. Needs to find a team and stay PUT! So he can learn a system. Otherwise much like Kordell he will have a new OC every year and it will catch up to him. His game will be hurt due to it.

4) Jeff Blake ~ GREAT DEEP BALL PASSER...that is the best way to beat Miami's defense. He can scramble if he HAS to but makes good throws over 15 yards. Really good arm strength and has playing experience that you would want for a QB backing up a rookie.

5) Kordell Stewart ~ He has had some good seasons with REALLY bad throws. But it might be because every year he learns a new system and the guy is not that bright. But put a good team around him and let him do his thing (NOT THROW 30+) he is a good player at times.

6) Mike McMahon ~ Joey got the job because of the contract not Mike's playing abiity. He would be the BEST choice if you can get him. His cap number should be low and given the chance he might out play JP once he feels good about the system.

You guys much like Miami: Win like this.
1) DEFENSE
2) Running Game
3) Passing Attack from playaction passes

You do not need a star QB. You need a good backup running back more than a Backup QB.

Once Henry is playing elsewhere..you had better PRAY that WM stays healthy. If you have him all season with your defense. You are going to put your team in a position to WIN games late in the season.

This is what I would worry about if I loved the Bills like you.

1) RB ~ One hit away from wishing you still had henry..maybe I HOPE NOT!! I hate to see ANY player EVER get HURT!
2) OL ~ The rookie QB is going to need the extra split second to read and react. The running game is the offense it will setup the playaction pass to moulds and evans for the BIG score. Then the running game & defense kills the clock.
3) QB ~ Any Rookie QB is gonna struggle at times. Most people think that Big Ben is the SECOND coming of Christ himself. I got news for you guys..He is good qb at best. He plays with the BEST DEFENSE in the league. A coach that puts his QB in the right position to win. The Running game was great for them...and the OL was a PROBOWL OL! So as long as your OL & Defense does their job and WM healthy....JP will do just fine even if he really sucks. It will not show for a couple of seasons.
4) Miami...had to put that in there..After all most of the post here towards Miami are whack. I try to keep things real..lol

As of right now...predraft...preFA...preinjuries...
1) Pats ~ Until some team proves othewise.
2) Bills ~ Jets ~ Miami....All three teams have GOOD SOLID TALENT. It will be a dogfight!!! The division will be back to tiebreakers to see who is going home and who is gonna make a SB run. Mike Mcmahon would be ideal, but he's not what the FO is looking for. They want a veteran. I think Mcmahon will land in Green Bay and take over for Favre. Jeff Blake throws one of the best deep balls, but i'm not not to sure bringing him in is a good idea. I've heard in the past that he's been known to be an un-likeable guy in the lockeroom and he brings a me first attitude to the table. He had this problem in Arizona.

From an article:

Tabbed as Jake Plummer's successor in Arizona before the 2003 season, Blake signed a three-year deal for $7.5 million, but fit in like a square peg in a round hole.

After boldly declaring it "Blake time" in Arizona, the organization quickly lost faith in him.

With his ability to deflect blame, teammates privately called him "Leon," in reference to the beer-commerical character. He was benched in favor of Josh McCown in the final three games of the 2003 season.

When Dennis Green took over in Arizona, one of his first personnel maneuvers was to terminate the final two years on Blake's contract.

Now, Blake is the longest-tenured player on the NFC champions, and a journeyman that has played for six NFL teams could end up with a Super Bowl ring.

Even if he never leaves the bench.

"I couldn't be happier," Blake said. "You can have all that (stuff) in Arizona. Nothing changes there."

MDolphins2005
02-25-2005, 12:43 PM
Mike Mcmahon would be ideal, but he's not what the FO is looking for. They want a veteran. I think Mcmahon will land in Green Bay and take over for Favre. Jeff Blake throws one of the best deep balls, but i'm not not to sure bringing him in is a good idea. I've heard in the past that he's been known to be an un-likeable guy in the lockeroom and he brings a me first attitude to the table. He had this problem in Arizona.

From an article:

Tabbed as Jake Plummer's successor in Arizona before the 2003 season, Blake signed a three-year deal for $7.5 million, but fit in like a square peg in a round hole.

After boldly declaring it "Blake time" in Arizona, the organization quickly lost faith in him.

With his ability to deflect blame, teammates privately called him "Leon," in reference to the beer-commerical character. He was benched in favor of Josh McCown in the final three games of the 2003 season.

When Dennis Green took over in Arizona, one of his first personnel maneuvers was to terminate the final two years on Blake's contract.

Now, Blake is the longest-tenured player on the NFC champions, and a journeyman that has played for six NFL teams could end up with a Super Bowl ring.

Even if he never leaves the bench.

"I couldn't be happier," Blake said. "You can have all that (stuff) in Arizona. Nothing changes there."
I did not know that he was a Leon...Funny commericals...but not funny in the lockeroom or on the playing field.

If he is a LEON I would not touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Off Topic...
- 16 rep points....come on...you guys can do better than that. Miami Defense can score more points than that vs. your rookie QB.

MDolphins2005
02-25-2005, 12:44 PM
Tell the TRUTH...you loved the Snickers & Agent Phone call lines....Phin fan or Bills fan..it was FUNNY!!!

Hungry?