PDA

View Full Version : Could Al Davis Make A Bigger, Last Minute Offer

Big M
02-24-2005, 05:41 PM
With the aquisition of Randy Moss, the Raiders have a very formidable deep passing game. Moss, Porter and Ronald Curry are a heck of a WR core. Kerry Collins throws a pretty good long ball. What they lack is a front line RB to set up the pass. They MUST find one and Davis is aware of this problem.

By trading away the #7 overall pick, they won't get a shot at a true blue chip RB. TD stated today at the Indy Combine that the Cardinals trade is NOT etched in stone and they will be talking to many teams. Dismissed it as a good rumor. ( On local Channel 4 Sports at 6pm )

So, who is still out there in the UFA RB market ? Henry and....little else.

Go ahead TD, play hard to get. Something tells me our GM suddenly is holding a Full House and he knows this. L.J.Shelton isn't bad at all ( I'd take it) but Davis is known to roll the dice.

Let them come and grovel. I'm betting Henry is suddenly more popular than he was 3 days ago, before all the good RB's ahead of him were locked up by their own teams.

I bet Davis will talk to TD and may give us more than we could expect. He's low on options. Call it an educated hunch.

Stay tuned.

ICE74129
02-24-2005, 05:46 PM
What are they going to give us? I will say this, if we don't nail down a LT some how we are screwed. Mike Williams fat ass will NEVER be fast enough to play LT.

Do you have a link for what he said?

I'm sorry this buggs me. Even with a first round pick there are no tackles worth it in the draft.

Mr. Cynical
02-24-2005, 05:48 PM
I'm up for it....like you said, TH's value jumped with the locking down of other RBs.

ICE74129
02-24-2005, 05:50 PM
I'm up for it....like you said, TH's value jumped with the locking down of other RBs.

Up for what? Even with a 1st round pick we still don't have a LT. I am starting to think TD is out thinking himself on this one

Romes
02-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Gallery would be awesome but no way would they give him up for Henry.

Way too young and way too talented.

ICE74129
02-24-2005, 06:12 PM
Gallery would be awesome but no way would they give him up for Henry.

Way too young and way too talented.
I would sacrifice TH our 3rd and next years 1st for Gallery

Big M
02-24-2005, 06:13 PM
Up for what? Even with a 1st round pick we still don't have a LT. I am starting to think TD is out thinking himself on this one

Maybe, maybe not. Shelton is good but what if the Raiders offered 6-8 345 lb. OT Langston Walker, who has started 11 games over the last couple of years,( their top backup OT ) plus another player ? They also have 2 starting caliber Centers in Adam Treu and Jake Grove. We could offer Henry and a pick ( or backup player) for 2 OL Vets who could play immediately.

Hmmm...

The King
02-24-2005, 06:19 PM
Maybe, maybe not. Shelton is good but what if the Raiders offered 6-8 345 lb. OT Langston Walker, who has started 11 games over the last couple of years,( their top backup OT ) plus another player ? They also have 2 starting caliber Centers in Adam Treu and Jake Grove. We could offer Henry and a pick ( or backup player) for 2 OL Vets who could play immediately.

Hmmm...

I was thinking walker and jano for travis

Tatonka
02-24-2005, 06:32 PM
i just hope it works out.. hey.. maybe he thinks they can lock down JJ still.. who knows..

i am not worried.. just excited for news.

Tatonka
02-24-2005, 06:35 PM
after taking on jerry porters new contract.. and randy moss.. how much money can they have left??

Kenny
02-24-2005, 08:22 PM
How about Henry for Walker and Curry (or Gabriel). They get a RB that fits their system, and we get a young and talented LT, and an up and coming WR to fill our #3 spot.

ShadowHawk7
02-24-2005, 08:34 PM

Hmmm...
I'd take one of those centers, and that guy, and a maybe a pick. I good w/ SHelton too tho.

colin
02-25-2005, 03:14 AM
henry + picks for OL + maybe kicker = :>

northernbillfan
02-25-2005, 04:30 AM
The Henry for Shelton trade still sounds good, tho I think TD will up the ante and ask for a draft pick.

ryjam282
02-25-2005, 06:34 AM
after taking on jerry porters new contract.. and randy moss.. how much money can they have left??

Don't you think that is the beauty of it, Henry has a very small cap hit next year. The Raiders were supposedly going to go after Lamont Jordan very hard but now with the Moss trade they can't afford too much more in salary's so Henry is right up there alley. I would take pretty much any of there lineman, they are all big monsters....Langston Walker and maybe a pick or so, then we could try and draft Nugent with that pick or maybe Clarett :couch:

MDolphins2005
02-25-2005, 08:35 AM
Al Davis will find some troubled soul to be his new RB....Ricky Pot Head Williams might be in his sights now that the 1st round RB's are gone for him. If Ricky is traded I think he has to sit out 4 games next season. So once again Ricky shorts Miami now his trade value is even lower..a bag of chips and a soda.

MDolphins2005
02-25-2005, 08:37 AM
I really think that the Shelton - Henry trade makes good sense for both teams. I think it will happen unless another team offers a GOOD draft pick.

ShadowHawk7
02-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Shelton and a 4th/5th for Henry sounds good to me. The market for Henry has increased a lot lately.

jamze132
02-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Lindel for Janakowski? Is it a possibility? :crazy: Throw in Coy Wire for the hell of it.

jamze132
02-25-2005, 02:56 PM
Hell, Lindel and Wire for anyone on the Pastys roster.