• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFootball75
    • Feb 2005

Bills in the NFL's Top 50 Players

http://2005.otcdraft.com/content/article/EEpAkAkVuEYFcHFwjB.php?h=Bills

heres an article that examines which bills should be included in the NFL's top 50 players.
  • ShadowHawk7
    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
    • Mar 2003

Another cool OTC article. Keep them coming, they're good reads. Sweet recognition for Spikes and Clements.
    Thanks.
    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
    -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Jeff1220
      H to the 12:20
      • Jul 2002

5. Takeo Spikes
      Takeo Spikes is the new Ray Lewis. No one can match his intensity, and the passion that he plays the game with. As you can see, I have him at number 5, and you also may have noticed that he is the first defensive player on the list. If you have seen him play, you know he brings it, and is worthy of the top 10 at least. His numbers say a lot about the type of playmaker he is. Spikes is #3 in the NFL in forced fumbles with 4. He is the #1 linebacker in the NFL for interceptions this past season with 5, and #4 amongst all NFL players including defensive backs. Spikes was number one in the NFL in defensive touchdowns last season. He is the #1 linebacker in pass deflections with 17, and number six in the entire NFL in pass deflections including defensive backs. We are talking about the definition of a true play maker and it’s a shame he wasn’t considered for defensive player of the year honors. Spikes is a stud, and the best LB in the NFL.

Great to hear someone give TKO some props. Too bad you'll never hear any of the major networks get their lips off Rayray's butt long enough to say something like this.

Comment

• PUCKER
        • Sep 2004

Nice to see Spikes get the recognition he deserves.
        Zapper's Hit List:
        SABURZFAN -
        SabreEleven -

pjw aka Mini -
        Billsology -

Join BDZ today!!!
        http://www.billszone.com/http://www....ad.php?t=72979

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

33. Willis Mcgahee
          This is one of the NFL’s true talents. A combination of power, speed and the best stiff arm I have ever seen make Mcgahee a lock for anyones top 50. In what was essentially his rookie season, in 13 starts Mcgahee had 1128 yards and 13 TD’s. Those 13 TD’s are good for 4rth in the entire NFL in rushing TD’s. Had Mcgahee started 16 games, he would have finished the year with 1388 yards and 16 TD’s. This is found by taking his average game in 13 starts and multiply it by 16. Those 1388 yards would have put him at #4 in the AFC above the likes of Ladanian Tomlinson and # 3 in the NFC above the like of Clinton Portis and Ahman Green. He’s been saying all along that this year was just a slight preview of coming attractions. Uh ohh…

I love that statement. Like that old Bruce Smith commercial....Bad things, man. Bad things. (see Jeff's sig)

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

It's interesting - and probably appropriate - that Clements ranks ahead of Winfield, at least on this list. It probably also means that we will have a nearly impossible task re-signing Clements.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

I like that site a lot, well written stuff. TKO was def the best linebacker in the league last year its cool to see someone outside our little message board agree with that.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• fanman
                • Dec 2004

Nate Clements is the definition of a shut down corner. Its time this pro bowler started getting regarded as one of the top corners in the league, hence him being the second corner listed on here. There is no typo, Chris Mccalister and Champ Bailey are not on the list. I saw both of those guys get torched way too much last year for me to consider them in my top 50 lists. Lets see how Clements stacks up with those guys. First we must come up with a common denominator, a guy who all three of them faced last seaon and that receiver is the Bengals Chad Johnson. Johnson had a tremendous season with 95 catches/1274 yards/9 TD. Mccalister and Bailey’s poor play, helped him with that tremendously. Against Bailey this past season, Johnson had 7 catches for 149 yards and a TD. Against Mccalister Johnson had his best game of the season with 10 catches for 161 yards and 2 TD’s. But then it was time to face a real shutdown corner, Nate Clements, Chad Johnson had his season low game with 2 catches for 10 yards. Those numbers speak for themselves. Nate also had 78 tackles and 6 picks which was good for 3rd in the NFL. He also had 14 pass deflection to go along with that, the NFL’s leader had 22. Its time for Nate Clements to get some recognition, he is more than worthy of number thirty.
                Clements vs. Johnson should have an asterik. Kitna played that day because Palmer was out with an injury (probably because he was terrified of what we did to McCown/Garcia the week before). I'm not saying that I disagree that Nate is one of the best (maybe even second best) but the comparison is a little off

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by fanman
                  Clements vs. Johnson should have an asterik. Kitna played that day because Palmer was out with an injury (probably because he was terrified of what we did to McCown/Garcia the week before). I'm not saying that I disagree that Nate is one of the best (maybe even second best) but the comparison is a little off

Hmmm your right...... Chad caught 1355 yards and 10 TDs the year before with Kitna. I guess that makes Clements #1!!!
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                    • May 2004

Am I the only one, after reading this, that is kind of stunned that we did not make the playoffs with these guys playing?

I mean, its not like the rest of the team was awful either.

I think this illustrates how Bledsoe held us back last year.

WE COULDA BEEN A CONTENDA!
                    "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                    --Leo Durocher

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                      Am I the only one, after reading this, that is kind of stunned that we did not make the playoffs with these guys playing?

I mean, its not like the rest of the team was awful either.

I think this illustrates how Bledsoe held us back last year.

WE COULDA BEEN A CONTENDA!

It doesnt make a difference there was no other option. Conservative play calling weeks 1-4 was also a huge factor, but those are some of the things you go through with rookies, be it head coach or player. We are playoff bound this year no excuses.
                      It was all

Comment

Working...
                      X