PDA

View Full Version : Bills GM gives Henry permission to visit Arizona

Dozerdog
02-24-2005, 07:31 PM
Associated Press
Feb. 24, 2005 04:25 PM

INDIANAPOLIS - One day after the Minnesota Vikings agreed to trade Randy Moss to Oakland, Donahoe was asked about a possible deal to send running back Travis Henry to Arizona for offensive lineman L.J. Shelton.

Shelton has already visited Buffalo, and Donahoe said the Bills have given Henry permission to visit Arizona altough that has not yet happened.

"That's as far as the talks have gone," Donahoe said.

Donahoe believes Henry may be a better bet for an NFL team than one of the rookie running backs in this year's deep class. At the top of the list are Texas' Cedric Benson and Auburn's Carnell "Cadillac" Williams and Ronnie Brown.

"Travis has proven he can rush for 1,400 or 1,500 yards and he plays hurt," Donahoe said. "If you look at Corey Dillon or Travis, I think that's the way to go. The thing you know about Travis is what he can give you."

---

San Francisco coach Mike Nolan is convinced the 49ers will get the best player in if they keep the No. 1 pick in April's draft.

If they choose to trade the pick, they could have a hard time finding a taker.
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/0224combine-ON.html

TigerJ
02-24-2005, 09:53 PM
TD knows about marketing his merchandise.

Marvelous
02-24-2005, 10:43 PM
I hope TD plays hardball along with Denny Green. Assuming that was true that Denny also wanted a pick & Henry. I think they should be giving us a pick even though LT is coveted. thoughts?