PDA

View Full Version : Donohoe: Jennings and Williams will go to FA unless they lower demands...

Ickybaluky
02-24-2005, 08:18 PM
This article (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/02/24/bc.fbn.bills.freeagents.ap/index.html) has Donohoe inferring that Jonas Jennings and Pat Williams have inflated opinions of their value. It sounds like he is going to let them go to free agency and let the market establish their value:

The Buffalo Bills are prepared to let starters Jonas Jennings and Pat Williams become free agents next week unless they lower their contract demands.

"We'd like to get both back if we can, but it may not be cost effective," Bills president Tom Donahoe said at the NFL combine in Indianapolis Thursday.

Donahoe went further in an interview with Buffalo's WIVB-TV later in the day, saying: "I think both those players right now are of the opinion that they can get more on the open market than we would be willing to pay them. And they're certainly entitled to explore that."

Michael82
02-24-2005, 08:23 PM
Damn it. $5 million a year? Come on, Pat! Sam Adamns got less than that from us. :mad:

DT Sam Adams - 4 yr. $10.248M SB $1.5 M.

Crisis
02-24-2005, 08:32 PM
We need Big Pat back!!

ICE74129
02-24-2005, 08:36 PM
1) we dont need pat williams. 2) Angelo Wright is an AHole. He always has been. He knows this is pat's last contract and he is going to jack his price as high as he can.

ShadowHawk7
02-24-2005, 08:43 PM
I def want WIlliams back, please. Just wondering NE, but are you a Pats fan as well as a Bills fan? You post in a non-hating informative way, very rare from a non-Bills fan.

Jeff1220
02-24-2005, 08:52 PM
I definitely want Big Pat back, but I really think Ron Edwards couldl break out when given the chance. The way he played this past season reminded me a lot of Pat when he used to come in at spot duty behind Mt. Washington in the 3-4.

BillsFever21
02-24-2005, 08:59 PM
I want Williams back but if he's seeking 5 million per year then he can take a hike.

BillsFever21
02-24-2005, 09:01 PM
If someone is willing to pay Williams that money he won't come back to Buffalo. This is his last big contract and he wants as much as he can get.

ICE74129
02-24-2005, 09:03 PM
We don't need pat williams. and yes you can bet that ahole agent of his wants 5 mill per.

tampabay25690
02-24-2005, 09:21 PM
I want him back also but not for that type of $$ I could see $3 mill but thats it.......

cordog
02-24-2005, 10:19 PM
Warren a possibility if Big Pat leaves?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1999153

He hasnt lived up to his billing, but I think he could be effective along side Adams.

Marvelous
02-24-2005, 10:38 PM
Warren is for trade only i think. But A-G-R-E-E-D we need PigPat back bigtime. Look what happened when we had jsut 1 big guy in the middle when Ted Washingtomn left. The year we had all offense and no defense. But Damn! Pat said he wanted to stay in Buff. So what's more important the money this late in his career or a ring? $$$$

Pat Williams " Show me the money"
TD" shows the door"
Our run D from top 5 to top 15

Not sure what DT's are available of higher talent. mainly fat run stuffers.
Maybe Sapp gets.

-Did anyone else notice that we had a little more money unused last year then
what we should have had? I was gonna say well the bright side is it's more money for key free agents but will TD use it all???

Michael82
02-24-2005, 10:46 PM
Here's what's out there other than Big Pat....

Ethan Kelley ERFA Patriots
Josh Evans UFA Jets
Jason Ferguson UFA Jets
Alan Harper UFA Jets
James Reed UFA Jets
Dario Romero RFA Dolphins
Matt Zielinski RFA Ravens
Terrance Martin ERFA Bengals
Tony Williams UFA Bengals
Nick Eason ERFA Browns
Grant Bowman ERFA Steelers
Kendrick Clancy UFA Steelers
Junior Ioane UFA Texans
Seth Payne UFA Texans
Dorsett Davis RFA Broncos
Luther Ellis UFA Broncos
Monsanto Pope UFA Broncos
Montique Sharpe ERFA Chiefs
Jacques Cesaire ERFA Chargers
Dequnicy Scott RFA Chargers
Eric Downing RFA Chargers
Shaun Rogers UFA Lions
Marcus Bell UFA Lions
Kelvin Pritchett UFA Lions
Cullen Jenkins UFA Packers
Chris Hovan UFA Vikings
Ross Kolodziej RFA Cardinals
Rocky Bernard RFA Seahawks
Tony Brown ERFA 49ers
Jordan Carstens ERFA Panthers
Howard Green ERFA Saints
Jon Bradley ERFA Buccaneers
Chartric Darby UFA Buccaneers
Jermaine Brooks ERFA Cowboys
Kendrick Allen ERFA Giants
Lance Legree UFA Giants
Corey Simon UFA Eagles
Joe Salave'a UFA Redskins

Kerr
02-24-2005, 10:48 PM
I'll take Seth Payne.

Michael82
02-24-2005, 10:56 PM
I'd take Jason Ferguson or Seth Payne.

Mr. Cynical
02-24-2005, 11:34 PM
Warren a possibility if Big Pat leaves?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1999153

He hasnt lived up to his billing, but I think he could be effective along side Adams.
Good call cordog. I've never seen him play but from what the article says, I'm very interested to hear more about him.

SoCalBillsFan
02-25-2005, 02:39 AM
none of those guys can hold pat williams' jock. For once lets pony up and pay the man. Having dominant DTs adds a LOT to a defense.

Historian
02-25-2005, 06:45 AM
none of those guys can hold pat williams' jock. For once lets pony up and pay the man. Having dominant DTs adds a LOT to a defense.

I disagree.

I think TD is taking a page out of the NE playbook on this one. I like Pat, always have. He's as big in the community as he is on the field, but at 33?

Not a risk I'm willing to take for 5 mil or better.

The King
02-25-2005, 06:49 AM
For 5 million let him walk I think Edwards will be a solid starter. Some of the Dallas fans seem to think Parcels really wants Pat.

ryjam282
02-25-2005, 06:50 AM
Damn, where is the home town discount he said we would get? DAMN!!!

The Spaz
02-25-2005, 07:19 AM
I like Shaun Rogers but I am pretty sure he agreed to a long term deal with the Lions.

don137
02-25-2005, 07:29 AM
What happened to "I'll take less to stay in Buffalo?" If he is asking 5 million from Buffalo he is nuts. I want Pat hear but the team can't overpay for him and address other team needs.

Tatonka
02-25-2005, 07:35 AM
Spaz.. you get my PM?

ScottLawrence
02-25-2005, 07:48 AM
I thought He would walk.

With the Speed of our linebackers oru rushing defense will not decline much if at all.

I like Edwards/Anderson to start next year.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-25-2005, 07:58 AM
Remember that before about 2 years ago (when Sam Adams came here) nobody outside of Buffalo knew who the hell Pat was. We Bills fans new he was a solid player, and we loved him, but he was not a marquee guy.
I love the Pat/Sam tandem. I want him to stay....but in reality, Edwards and Anderson, along with another FA pickup should be enough to keep our defense in the top 5.
No way we spend more than 3 mil at the MOST for Pat.

Marvelous
02-25-2005, 08:22 AM
Remember that before about 2 years ago (when Sam Adams came here) nobody outside of Buffalo knew who the hell Pat was. We Bills fans new he was a solid player, and we loved him, but he was not a marquee guy.
I love the Pat/Sam tandem. I want him to stay....but in reality, Edwards and Anderson, along with another FA pickup should be enough to keep our defense in the top 5.
No way we spend more than 3 mil at the MOST for Pat.
You may be right.

Shasta McNasty
02-25-2005, 09:20 AM
anderson, bannan, edwards and sape?....TD prepared for Pat leaving. I want him to stay but not for 5 mil. My guess is he stays for $ both sides can live with.

DraftBoy
02-25-2005, 09:28 AM
I like a trade for Gerard Warren. He's more of a pass rusher which something we need on our DL.

MadCardDisease
02-25-2005, 11:54 AM
I think the Cardinals will go after Williams hard if he is availalbe. Dennis Green said he wants a huge tackle to clog up the middle and Williams fits that perfectly. Green said he won't find that tackle in the draft. Not to mention we have a ton of cap space to work with and could out bid pretty much anyone.

Come on Pat, Test the Water!

jamze132
02-25-2005, 02:43 PM
If we were gonna pay a DT 5 mil, we should have kept Drew and let him take some bumps next to Sam Adams.