PDA

View Full Version : Some insider info from the combine

ryjam282
02-25-2005, 07:47 AM
Alright, on one of my other message boards, there is a guy there that has a good friend that works in the Titans front office and this is where the info comes from. He posts on there periodically and has a lot of interesting info. He called the Moss trade about a week and a half ago as well as some other moves. If it gets good remarks in here I will keep posting it in here. The guy writes pretty weird so just try and keep up.

Here goes

"I am assuming you all have heard the media buzz about the college guys............i'll give you the stuff that i dont think alot have heard...........i got done tonight at 10:15PM..........went to Russ's Lounge and sat down with three other teams personnel...........Surtain for Mbennett is in the works, Rickey Williams to the Rayders is way under the radar but reportedly Al says if they trade him for a reasonable pick he will repay the money ode to the fins............fins want a two but rayders will offer a 3 this yr and next.............Turley is done in St Louis and they are trying to buy him out of his deal and recoup cap dollars by giving him his release.............he is making it tough to deal because he has all the financial leverage...........Three teams want Coles...........Jets, Ravens and The vikings............Samuels is trying to redo his deal to make the trade happens............all teams would have to surrender a high pick..............one or two.............Vikings will offer the #18 if need be.... GB FO thinks Farve is done, they are the team i think who is being hush hush on Adrian McPherson i think he is going to go very high (could be this years Losman)..........SF wants to trade out.............the newest rumor is out to rattle Miami.and say..........they will take Benson and not a QB.............THenry is likely going to AZ ...............but it may not be for Shelton.........Our friendly Jags are in love with Mr faison, they hogged him for 40 minutes at the weigh in...........JJ Arrington is not going to fall based upon glowing reports from multiple areas...................The consenus best OL from 8 of my friends up here is Barnes Barron as OT ..........sleepers are Costen and Alabi...........two C that are media talking up are wilkerson and spencer but the scouts love icognito and baas. One NFC west guy told me Baas was the best OL in this draft. The OG are Connolly and EBrown the OT with sleeper looks at Willis and Erik Pears..........I talked to Pears agent.......Brett Tessler and he is also Scott McGaharrahn's agent...........kid has ups............that is it for tonight............time to get some sleep i start at 5:30 AM....................."

Again, take it for what's it worth. I think the Ricky thing would make the Raiders a force...Especially with Moss now there.

OpIv37
02-25-2005, 07:50 AM
Agreed- Ricky and Moss would make the Raiders downright scary. Oh well- if they can take out the Pats in the playoffs, more power to them.

If we don't get Shelton for Henry, our O-line is screwed. JP and Willis will get killed. Uggh.

I figured the Ravens and the Vikes would want Coles. I think the Skins are going to go after Mason.

The King
02-25-2005, 07:51 AM
Hmmm interesting..... it will be cool to see how much of that pans out.

OpIv37
02-25-2005, 07:55 AM
If we don't get Shelton, what else does AZ have that we want? I doubt they'll give up a 1st rounder and while a 2nd rounder would be a worthy trade, I don't think it's going to help us much in this shallow draft. Plus it still leaves the O-line in dire straights.

mysticsoto
02-25-2005, 08:14 AM
Well...this would explain why the Raiders don't seem to be pursuing TH. With Ricky, they will have a formidable offense. They only need to work on defense and they probably will through the draft.

So Miami want's MBennett...and they will also draft a RB to fill in for him once he gets hurt. How dumb. They seem to be planning for his getting hurt already. If that's the case, why even take him? They need O-line help also and apparently are not going to work on that part...not that I care. Keeping Miami weak in our division is a plus for us!

Earthquake Enyart
02-25-2005, 08:36 AM
If Miami traded for Bennett, that tells me that they'll take a QB in round 1.

MDolphins2005
02-25-2005, 08:40 AM
If they do that then Miami is on crack. But yeah chances are QB would be the pick. I hope they take QB or WR with the #2. If they do not trade down for more picks. I would love to see Miami trade Marty Booker for a 2nd round pick from Da Bears. Then use the #2 overall on Mike Williams. I think he is the BEST PLAYER in the Draft this year. But then again I think that he is the Best WR in the last 4 Drafts.

Tatonka
02-25-2005, 08:44 AM
i have been keeping up with that too, Ry..

here is the first days post.

Just talked to the Raiders scouts who think the tagging today of alexander and edge may price them out of the Lamont Jordon sweepstakes because he is all that is left on the FA market at RB..............why is this good news???? because they both think that if a RB falls to 6 the titans pick is in play from what the rumor mill is already.............raiders are desparate froa RB. and would like Jordon but his price likely just went up............apparently reese has made all the calls...............bump into me in indy and we'll talk...............i'll be checking in here and there............later.........FO types and coaches are arriving right now players are too..............met TJohnson (DT) and Troy Williamson(WR) today...........nice kids.............both carry first round grades from the teams i do stuff for...........

Adrian is my personal mission...........he is on my list with three teams i deal with so i will be able to meet him and listen in on his interview with one team..............i keep hearing he is the guy that will be this yrs JP Losman..........will be a surprise round one pick.........i keep hearing Dallas........and it is why they wont trade the second one they got..............JJ really likes the kid regardless of the gambling thing..............stuff really starts tomorrow............when we all eat at St Elmo's the rumors and scout info on where they have guys really starts to come out in the open...........iwont be able to get close to the titans brass because i always am busy..........but on Sat and Sun i always mingle with my group of friends and we swap info .................

note----- the adrian he's referring about former qb at fsu adrain mcpherson who was released from scholarship by diddy ( bobby bowden ) a couple of years ago ( actually the ncaa refused to allow him to enroll again and play football- dam nazis) for being associated with gambling..this guy has a major league hose and can make all the throw an nfl qb needs to..i have seen film on him since high school since 'BAMA tried recruiting him out of high school..he's a phenemonal athlete who i guarantee runs at least a 4.5....the only player in florida prep history who was mr football and basketball..big time prosepct..watch him blow up in the next few days

Earthquake Enyart
02-25-2005, 08:58 AM

Boy would Drew crap his pants if the Cowboys dafted him. :snicker:

Gunzlingr
02-25-2005, 09:09 AM
Doesn't Ricky face a season suspension if he comes back next season?

Kerr
02-25-2005, 09:16 AM
Interesting.

I wonder who we could possibly get, if not Shelton from Arizona? Could be just a draft choice.

David Bass is a Center, we need a center. It would be rad if were able to draft him.

DraftBoy
02-25-2005, 09:17 AM
Im glad the gms arent as enamoured with Wilkerson I think this kid could be a steal in rd. 2. Im also wondering who ARZ would send us if not Shelton? Only other guy Id want would be Leonard Davis and I cannot conceivably see us getting Davis.

Ickybaluky
02-25-2005, 09:28 AM
Rickey Williams to the Rayders is way under the radar but reportedly Al says if they trade him for a reasonable pick he will repay the money ode to the fins............fins want a two but rayders will offer a 3 this yr and next.............

This makes me skeptical. If the Raiders were to pay off Ricky's debts ($8M) to Miami, it would count against the cap. You can't circumvent the cap by paying off someone's personal debts for them. Beyond that, they would have to pay Ricky to play, and I doubt he comes back unless it is worth it financially.

Beyond that, there is the matter of Ricky's pending suspensions. Late last season his lawyers brokered a deal with the NFL where he would unretire and get credit for serving the full season last year. That meant that he would only have to sit out 4 games this year. However, Ricky turned down the deal and stayed retired. When you are in the program and retire it counts as a positive test, but they were basically going to say he didn't retire.

If Ricky were to return, he faces serving 16 games worth of suspensions for violating the substance abuse policies, unless another deal can be worked out with the league (which would open the NFL up to lawsuits from other offenders who served their full suspensions). Even with a deal he would have to sit out some games, and he would once again be subject to the program and testing several times a month. Do you think he can stay clean?

Ricky isn't coming back.

Turley is done in St Louis and they are trying to buy him out of his deal and recoup cap dollars by giving him his release.............he is making it tough to deal because he has all the financial leverage...........

If the Rams and Turley were to work out a deal, it would have to occur prior to March 1. March 1 is the start of the league year, and if a deal were worked out after that the Rams would have to wait until 2006 to receive credit for any money Turley repaid. If it happens before March 1, then the credit would occur in 2005, since it would be the following league year.

Tatonka
02-25-2005, 09:41 AM
Boy would Drew crap his pants if the Cowboys dafted him. :snicker:

both drews would, actually.

kgun12
02-25-2005, 09:42 AM
If we don't get Shelton, what else does AZ have that we want? I doubt they'll give up a 1st rounder and while a 2nd rounder would be a worthy trade, I don't think it's going to help us much in this shallow draft. Plus it still leaves the O-line in dire straights.

Maybe it is the other tackle, Davis?

Earthquake Enyart
02-25-2005, 09:45 AM
The Raiders could sign Ricky and give him a $15 mil signing bonus, with the handshake understanding that Ricky repays the fins. They could give him a 7 year deal and spread the bonus out.

T, you're right. Both Drews would crap their pants. :snicker:

DraftBoy
02-25-2005, 09:49 AM
Maybe it is the other tackle, Davis?

I dont think there is any way that could happen for just Henry. If it did that Arizona is stupider than we all give them credit for.

Ickybaluky
02-25-2005, 09:54 AM
The Raiders could sign Ricky and give him a $15 mil signing bonus, with the handshake understanding that Ricky repays the fins. They could give him a 7 year deal and spread the bonus out.

Given his history, why would any team give Ricky a $15M SB? He is one failed test away from a permanent suspension. Plus, he is down to about 205# and hasn't been keeping in football condition. There is not saying he would be the same player.

Also, until the CBA is extended, you can only spread SB for 5 years.

I know everyone likes to believe that people like to post insider information on message boards, but this guy sounds like a complete fraud. Most of the stuff he posted is stuff I've read in the papers yesterday and today.

Earthquake Enyart
02-25-2005, 09:56 AM
I'm just saying that they could do it. I'm not saying that it would be smart.

Historian
02-25-2005, 10:05 AM
Why would the Raiders want a head case and admitted drug user like RW, when they could have a guaranteed 12-1300 yard rusher for a heck of a lot less in TH?

Even Al Davis isn't that arrogant.

Jeff1220
02-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Is this insider the same guy that was around last year, and was saying how much the Bills wanted BigBen (amongst other rumors)?

ryjam282
02-25-2005, 12:31 PM

That guy sound legit right? Some of the stuff has been dead on. Glad to see we both use some of the same sites for help :;

:up:

Philagape
02-25-2005, 01:08 PM
Why would the Raiders want a head case and admitted drug user like

Their kicker?

MadCardDisease
02-25-2005, 01:42 PM
It is also rumored that Dennis Green is looking to move OLB Ray Thompson. I'm not sure what your situation is at LB?

OpIv37
02-25-2005, 01:48 PM
It is also rumored that Dennis Green is looking to move OLB Ray Thompson. I'm not sure what your situation is at LB?
We're set on starters with Spikes, Posey and Fletcher but our depth isn't the greatest. The O-line is a much bigger concern.

jamze132
02-25-2005, 02:03 PM
Why would the Raiders want a head case and admitted drug user like RW, when they could have a guaranteed 12-1300 yard rusher for a heck of a lot less in TH?

Even Al Davis isn't that arrogant.
Willaims would fit in perfect in Oakland. They have drunks, crossdressers and soon to be a druggy.

MadCardDisease
02-25-2005, 02:29 PM
We're set on starters with Spikes, Posey and Fletcher but our depth isn't the greatest. The O-line is a much bigger concern.
Another possible guy Green might want to unload is DT Wendall Bryant. He has been another first round disappointment so far.

OpIv37
02-25-2005, 03:00 PM
Another possible guy Green might want to unload is DT Wendall Bryant. He has been another first round disappointment so far.
That would help cuz we may lose Pat Williams.

MadCardDisease
02-25-2005, 03:10 PM
Another guy in Green's dog house is CB Duane Starks.

The_Philster
02-25-2005, 03:28 PM
Doesn't Ricky face a season suspension if he comes back next season?

4 games

Ickybaluky
02-25-2005, 03:32 PM
4 games

He faced 4 games originally, but he failed a test after that and then retired. When a player in the substance abuse program retires, it counts as another positive test.

Ricky faces at least a year, unless his lawyers work something out. The guy is completely done playing football.

The_Philster
02-25-2005, 03:36 PM
He faced 4 games originally, but he failed a test after that and then retired. When a player in the substance abuse program retires, it counts as another positive test.

Ricky faces at least a year, unless his lawyers work something out. The guy is completely done playing football.

If he still faces a year, then what was all that talk about having the last 4 games of 2004 count as his suspension when his agent was talking about him coming back?

Dr. Lecter
02-25-2005, 03:55 PM
Is this insider the same guy that was around last year, and was saying how much the Bills wanted BigBen (amongst other rumors)?
The Bills did want Big Ben last year. He was gone before they could draft him.

TigerJ
02-25-2005, 06:55 PM
Most of that sounded credible. I'll have to see a Ricky Williams trade to believe it. Teams may have wishful thinking when it comes to Wittle Wicky, but until proven otherwise he would rather do dope than play football.

Jeff1220
02-25-2005, 07:56 PM
The Bills did want Big Ben last year. He was gone before they could draft him.

So, is theis the same guy or not? I wasn't questioning his credibility. I love reading this kind of stuff...whether it turns out to be true or not.

Dozerdog
02-25-2005, 08:06 PM
What other message board is this from??

Ickybaluky
02-25-2005, 09:34 PM
If he still faces a year, then what was all that talk about having the last 4 games of 2004 count as his suspension when his agent was talking about him coming back?

That wasn't the deal that was worked out. The deal was he would unretire and be allowed credit for sitting out 2004. He would then only face a 4-game suspension in 2005. Ricky turned down the deal, most likely because he would have immediately be subject to several tests a month as part of the substance abuse program.

Ricky isn't coming back. He has lost a ton of weight and is nowhere near football shape. He hasn't been working out. Even if he were to somehow get cleared of his pending suspensions, he isn't anywhere near being prepared to play. He also doesn't have a prayer of staying clean.

The guy is done.