• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

Will Gilbride keep this up?

Notice how when we ran Henry 35 times we had the largest margin of victory, our greatest number of offensive points scored, and most convincing win so far this season.

The question is can Gilbride restrain himself from putting the ball in the air instead of running Henry as he did on Sunday. Even then, our passing game essentially consisted of 3 big plays. Drew threw for 306 yards but 60% of that was on three huge tosses; 73 (a short toss for a big gain), 57 (an underthrown ball tipped to Moulds), and 47 (a long nice pass to Moulds sideline) for 177 yards.

After that Drew only slung 12 of 24 for 131 yards. It was clearly our running the ball that won us this game. I truly believe that Drew's TDs will improve as they did on Sunday if we run Henry more. It really opens things up and creates opps for Drew when teams can't put 6 men in coverage.

I just hope Gilbride translates this victory that way. This was Henry's second largest rushing performance and certainly his most consistent one w/ a long run of only 13 yards. It was also his largest total yards performance.

Henry needs to be the centerpiece of this O. Let's hope Gilbride agrees.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• LMB
    • Nov 2002

There is no reason henry shouldn't be a 1300+ yard back every year we have him. give him the ball let him run
    LMB

Comment

• 4thAndLong
      I'm Really 4 and Short
      • Sep 2002

Exactly what I've been saying Wys.

Henry is what gets the O on track, he is one of the most underrated players in the league.

Comment

• lordofgun
        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

I'd like to see some longer runs.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Wys Guy
          • Jul 2002

Hey, I'll take 4.8 YPC and no run longer than 10 yards all season long. That would make him the most reliable rusher in the league easily. I'd rather see consistent drives using him 6-8 carries a drive for 3-10 yards than have him rush for 30 and 40 yards twice in a game easily. Think about the ball-control/clock opps given that.

Originally posted by LMB
          There is no reason henry shouldn't be a 1300+ yard back every year we have him. give him the ball let him run
          I'd say 1,500+ even...

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BlackJohn
            This is an actual picture of myself!
            • Sep 2002

Wys, what you forgot to mention about those 3 passes was that they were 3 consecutive passes, and they completely blew the game open. Thats pretty important. But i totally agree that they were set up by Henry running all day. Amazing what this offense can do when teams respect the run ... isn't it?
            Black John!

Its Black Jack.

You're a good man Jack. Buy yourself something frilly.

Comment

• TedMock
              • Jul 2002

I agree, it also allows the passing game to take a few chances and give opportunity for big plays. I also agree with taking 4.8ypc everytime. This makes him the most consistant back going.

Comment

• Benjudah
                Shinier than your mom
                • Jul 2002

Glad to see you've you reaaly come around on Henry, Wys :)

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Good points WYS I agree. It was a great gameplan sunday!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackJohn
                    Wys, what you forgot to mention about those 3 passes was that they were 3 consecutive passes, and they completely blew the game open. Thats pretty important. But i totally agree that they were set up by Henry running all day. Amazing what this offense can do when teams respect the run ... isn't it?
                    Yeah, sure is. Think Gilbride will get the hint permanently? Or do you think this was our "foul weather" game plan?

On the passes, my point was that other than those, our passing game really didn't do much. And given those, the first was an 11-yard pass turned big. The Moulds TD wouldn't have happened except for that tip. The other was a big pass play on a drive that Henry was doing just fine by himself. In fact, it was the only complete pass on the drive.

I also think Drew's high profile makes fans and media want to see him light things up when that may not be in the best interests of the team overall. But again, I really think he'd have fewer yards but more TDs if Henry became the focus, eh.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• shelby
                      The Vanilla *****
                      • Jul 2002

Wys....sorry, brotha...but i think that was Gilbride's "foul weather" game plan. He seems committed to the pass week in and week out.

Henry can win games for us....hopefully Gilbride will keep that in mind over the next 4 weeks.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        • Jul 2002

Are you sure about that? Did ya read it somewhere or is it merely speculation? That would be tragic if he goes back to a pass-first approach.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• shelby
                          The Vanilla *****
                          • Jul 2002

no wys...just my opinion. i have no facts to back it up.
                          {sowwy}

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            • Jul 2002

I suspect you're right. I'll be on edge until I see something different on Sunday. I just have a hunch they're gonna play the "Bledsoe-Brady" media game again.

I think part of it may be a subconscious to show that Drew can win the game by himself to "in-your-face" the Pats over the trade. How silly and childish would that be. Alas, I can see it being a portion of the reason.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• mchurchfie
                              • Jul 2002

He will go back to being pass happy again WYs...I wasn't kidding when I told you that Gilbride had Bledsoe on his fantasy football team
                              My Band
                              daveviterna.com

Comment

Working...
                              X