PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft Advice

Sabre Ally
02-25-2005, 08:20 AM
I'm participating in a mock draft as the Bills GM. 51 picks have been made already, so my turn is coming up soon.

Tackles already taken: Alex Barron, Jammal Brown, Adam Terry, Khalif Barnes & Wesley Britt.

Guards already taken: David Baas & Elton Brown

I don't really like any of the other guards or any of the centres enough to take them at 55. So, what I'm really asking, is...which of the tackles that are still left do you guys like? I've been looking at Jeremy Parquet, Ray Willis, and Rob Petitti.
Or should I take another position altogether? :help:

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-25-2005, 09:04 AM
OL
Michael Munoz
Chris Kemoeatu
Ben Wilkerson
Rob Pettiti
Marcus Johnson
S
Ernest Shazor
DT
Anttaj Hawthorne
Lorenzo Alexander
Haloti Ngata
CB
Fabian Washington
Antonio Perkins

Earthquake Enyart
02-25-2005, 09:07 AM
Just don't take Nugent.

Shasta McNasty
02-25-2005, 09:23 AM
Spencer.

DraftBoy
02-25-2005, 09:25 AM
Wilkerson, or Munoz

Sabre Ally
02-25-2005, 09:39 AM
Minnesota took Nugent at the 49th pick. :rofl:

I am thinking about Munoz. I'd read he may have durability/health concerns, but they don't seem to be that serious, and he's got the experience and smarts to be a good tackle.

R. Rich
02-25-2005, 10:30 AM
Just don't take Nugent.

Agreed!

R. Rich
02-25-2005, 10:32 AM
Wilkerson, or Munoz

Munoz???? Yeah, if it were Anthony Munoz IN HIS PRIME, maybe.

Wilkerson's knee injury has me a bit skittish on him.

Jan Reimers
02-25-2005, 10:47 AM
David Stewart, OT, Mississippi State.

mysticsoto
02-25-2005, 11:10 AM
Don't take Pettiti. It looks like he is probably going to have serious weight problems and will not be a good pick...

MDolphins2005
02-25-2005, 11:12 AM
Ernest Shazor is the BEST PLAYER on the above list. He is being compared talent wise to Williams & Taylor....Those are big shoes!

DraftBoy
02-25-2005, 11:13 AM
Munoz???? Yeah, if it were Anthony Munoz IN HIS PRIME, maybe.

Wilkerson's knee injury has me a bit skittish on him.

Munoz is said to be a better player than his father and would be an outstanding pick for us. Wilkerson's knee is near 100% recovered and he was the most dominant center in the SEC if not the NCAA.

R. Rich
02-25-2005, 11:18 AM
Munoz is said to be a better player than his father and would be an outstanding pick for us. Wilkerson's knee is near 100% recovered and he was the most dominant center in the SEC if not the NCAA.

Who is saying he's better than his father? Most of the bios I've seen have mentioned how he hasn't lived up to his potential.

DraftBoy
02-25-2005, 11:25 AM
Who is saying he's better than his father? Most of the bios I've seen have mentioned how he hasn't lived up to his potential.

The kid has all the tools and the "potential" (key word) to be a better player than his father, your right he hasnt lived up to the crazy hype Fulmer has for him, but to be honest I dont know many that could of. The kid has crazy potential and can play. He is overshadowed by his father but dont let that fool you into thinking the kid isnt a player. Go beyond the reports that make comparison to his father bc they arent the same type player.

Bulldog
02-25-2005, 11:33 AM
If Buffalo were to Draft Munoz, does that mean the McNally would have coached both of them? McNally was the line coach in Cincy when his father played there right?

DraftBoy
02-25-2005, 11:36 AM
If Buffalo were to Draft Munoz, does that mean the McNally would have coached both of them? McNally was the line coach in Cincy when his father played there right?

Good point and another reason to draft the kid bc his father's coach would be his coach and thats extra motivation.

R. Rich
02-25-2005, 11:50 AM
The kid has all the tools and the "potential" (key word) to be a better player than his father, your right he hasnt lived up to the crazy hype Fulmer has for him, but to be honest I dont know many that could of. The kid has crazy potential and can play. He is overshadowed by his father but dont let that fool you into thinking the kid isnt a player. Go beyond the reports that make comparison to his father bc they arent the same type player.

I have a couple big Vols/SEC games on tape from last season, and Munoz didn't distinguish himself in either. I'm not saying he sucks, but he's certainly not the best tackle prospect out there. Plus, with the Shelton deal a strong possibility, we need to turn our focus to the INTERIOR of the offensive line.

mysticsoto
02-25-2005, 12:09 PM
If the deal falls through with Shelton (as some are speculating) or AZ only gives us a 2nd or 3rd rounder for TH instead, we need to look into seriously drafting a starting Center (I still say Spencer might be the best out there) and then move Teague to LT. At LT, Teague won't be overpowered so easily, as he will deal with DEs instead of DTs who tend to be bigger and bulkier.

I hear good things about Baas also, and hear he could play C or G. He would be a strong possibility if he were still available also, but from what it seems, he will probably be gone by the time our pick comes along...

Sabre Ally
02-25-2005, 10:08 PM
Baas was my first choice, but he's gone, as is Shazor. If the Shelton deal falls through before my turn to pick, I probably will go with Wilkerson or Spencer, but if not...probably Munoz.

Dozerdog
02-25-2005, 10:09 PM
Maurice Clarrett

Sabre Ally
02-25-2005, 10:10 PM
Clarett was taken at 52.

kevinj22
02-25-2005, 10:21 PM
Call me crazy but that is why I don't mind if they take Nugent at that spot. For years we have had to sit and watch Vinatieri "KICK" our butts, this guy (Nugent) is a difference maker. I don't think we should pass on him

TigerJ
02-25-2005, 10:59 PM
Among players left, Marcus Johnson would be my choice. He's got great size and athleticism and he wouldn't present the injury risk of Munoz. He's probably versatile enough to play either tackle or guard. If he gets taken, Kemoeatu is intriguing, though he would strictly be a guard. If you assume Jennings is gone and Buffalo has to get a tackle, Chris Colmer is still there. He is a good one, and can play left tackle. He's a little on the light side now. The big issue is the state of his recovery from a condition that causes weakness and numbness in one shoulder. The long term prognosis of Parsonage-Turner Syndrome is generally for a complete recovery. The question is how long it will take.

Dozerdog
02-26-2005, 06:19 AM
Got a link to the mock draft?

Sabre Ally
02-26-2005, 08:38 AM
http://www.footballhuddles.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37212