PDA

View Full Version : DT Gerard Warren isnt fitting in with CLE, likely to be traded

DraftBoy
02-25-2005, 09:11 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1999153

Could this be a possible replacement for Pat Williams due to his age? Id love to have Pat over this guy but there is no guarantee and I think this kid has alot in the tank still and wasnt motivated playing for a Miami Coach as a Florida player (i know it sounds crazy). Id deal a future pick for him.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-25-2005, 09:17 AM
IF we let Pat go, I would be all over Warren for a 2nd round pick next year.
Would the Browns take it? Maybe. Heck, I'll give em a 2nd next year and Coy Wire.

DraftBoy
02-25-2005, 09:18 AM
IF we let Pat go, I would be all over Warren for a 2nd round pick next year.
Would the Browns take it? Maybe. Heck, I'll give em a 2nd next year and Coy Wire.

WOAH WOAH WOAH! 2nd round pick AND Coy Wire? Im sorry Coy Wire is just too awesome a bench warmer for me to pull the trigger on that deal. All fun aside id do that swap in a second.

R. Rich
02-25-2005, 10:33 AM
Warren has been an underachiever in Cleveland. He isn't worth it.

OpIv37
02-25-2005, 10:46 AM
Warren has been an underachiever in Cleveland. He isn't worth it.

If we lose Pat, who would you suggest as a replacement? This has me really concerned.

MDolphins2005
02-25-2005, 10:56 AM
I would not give to much for him 3rd or 4th this year or next. He has a hard time staying healthy...I think he has not played well with the Brownies much like the other Talented DL men...Coaching and style of play. If he played a complete season like he CAN...he would be worth a late 1st - early 2nd.

If he is healthy in a good system like yours....You would not even miss pat.

helmetguy
02-25-2005, 11:25 AM
If Big Pat bolts, we still have Edwards on the roster. Remember, Big Pat emerged when, out of necessity, the D switched from the 3-4 to the 4-3. I seem to remember the sky turning red and the seas boiling when Ted Washington became a FA. I'd like to see Big Pat stay, but if we can't afford him, there's not a whole lot we can do.

DraftBoy
02-25-2005, 11:29 AM
I dont see Edwards as a good everydown player I may be wrong but he seems best suited for subbing in and out bringing the extra energy then. Id trade for Warren in an instance if we lose Pat, assuming the price is right, but Id rather resign Pat.

Akhippo
02-25-2005, 11:55 AM
This is a guy that was a very high draft pick, that nobody has heard from since hes been in the league. Even though a draft pick is risky, they still have the potential and are expected to showcase that once they get into the league. Everybody is still waiting on this guys ability to emerge. And taking a flyer on that is even more risky than a draft pick.

jamze132
02-25-2005, 02:39 PM
:pray: