PDA

View Full Version : TD Covering His Arse

juice
02-25-2005, 12:22 PM
It seems as though TD's talk is contrary to his actions.

He has been saying for the last week or so that the front office made every attempt to keep Drew Bledsoe in Buffalo at some capacity but felt the organization needed to go in a different direction at the QB position.

Two Tongue Tom said that the news was not taken well by DB who felt that he wasn't being delt with in a fair manner when it came to the Starters spot and that he felt he was still capable of being a starter in this League.

What made Tom think that Bledsoe would take the demotion when, if anything he had strenthened his position that the lack of early wins had as much to do with the lack of a Run game and functional O-Line as it did his ability to hit open recievers.

The 0-4 start was in the midst of TH not being able to find open holes to run through, the Line not being able to create a pocket for a pocket passer, and a franchise quality WR(Moulds) forgetting how to look the ball into his hands.

If the Front Office really wanted to keep Bledsoe as a starter or backup they should've simply made it clear that the position would be earned by competition, And may the best man win.

In an obvious attempt to cover his ass TD all but forced to veteran out by announcing that Bledsoe was out and could contribute by mentoring a QB that he felt had yet to prove anything in the League.

Given the state of the O-Line at the beginning of last season most observers might expect the offense to struggle with what was at the time the worst O-Line in the League. Couple that with a running back that seems to get off to slow starts every year and a Superstar Reciever with a bad case of the dropsies, Mcnabb would've struggled to put up points.

Maybe Losman will turn out to be the best option at QB this year but if he's not, and doesn't progress like Big Ben, then our options as it stands now are extremely limited and could come down to whatever failure of a FA QB that TD can convince to be a backup in Buffalo.

Either way Fiedler or Mathews cant get this team 4 or 5 wins in a row to make a Playoff run.. at least Bledsoe would have been comfortable with the offense.

TD could've kept Bledsoe as a backup by simply allowing Losman to Earn the position instead of having it drop into his lap- what has losman done to prove he is ready?

This may be more of a risk on TD's part than taking WM in the 1st round.

seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/213515_bledsoe25.html (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/213515_bledsoe25.html)

Novacane
02-25-2005, 12:26 PM
:snooze: :loser: :negrep:

Mudflap1
02-25-2005, 12:27 PM

He has been saying for the last week or so that the front office made every attempt to keep Drew Bledsoe in Buffalo at some capacity but felt the organization needed to go in a different direction at the QB position.

Two Tongue Tom said that the news was not taken well by DB who felt that he wasn't being delt with in a fair manner when it came to the Starters spot and that he felt he was still capable of being a starter in this League.

What made Tom think that Bledsoe would take the demotion when, if anything he had strenthened his position that the lack of early wins had as much to do with the lack of a Run game and functional O-Line as it did his ability to hit open recievers.

The 0-4 start was in the midst of TH not being able to find open holes to run through, the Line not being able to create a pocket for a pocket passer, and a franchise quality WR(Moulds) forgetting how to look the ball into his hands.

If the Front Office really wanted to keep Bledsoe as a starter or backup they should've simply made it clear that the position would be earned by competition, And may the best man win.

In an obvious attempt to cover his ass TD all but forced to veteran out by announcing that Bledsoe was out and could contribute by mentoring a QB that he felt had yet to prove anything in the League.

Given the state of the O-Line at the beginning of last season most observers might expect the offense to struggle with what was at the time the worst O-Line in the League. Couple that with a running back that seems to get off to slow starts every year and a Superstar Reciever with a bad case of the dropsies, Mcnabb would've struggled to put up points.

Maybe Losman will turn out to be the best option at QB this year but if he's not, and doesn't progress like Big Ben, then our options as it stands now are extremely limited and could come down to whatever failure of a FA QB that TD can convince to be a backup in Buffalo.

Either way Fiedler or Mathews cant get this team 4 or 5 wins in a row to make a Playoff run.. at least Bledsoe would have been comfortable with the offense.

TD could've kept Bledsoe as a backup by simply allowing Losman to Earn the position instead of having it drop into his lap- what has losman done to prove he is ready?

seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/213515_bledsoe25.html (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/213515_bledsoe25.html)
Thank you...

Jon

LtBillsFan66
02-25-2005, 12:29 PM
It's a huge risk, I agree.

Maybe he was trying to avoid a QB controversy.

I don't know. Looking back, it seems the Bills always seem to take the wrong tact when dealing with players' departures or impending departures. Even before TD.

juice
02-25-2005, 12:34 PM
It's a huge risk, I agree.

Maybe he was trying to avoid a QB controversy.

I don't know. Looking back, it seems the Bills always seem to take the wrong tact when dealing with players' departures or impending departures. Even before TD.
S. Gash
L. Centers
R. Brown

TedMock
02-25-2005, 12:42 PM
S. Gash
L. Centers
R. Brown

Excellent points. Daimon Shelton was just as effective as Gash, and Centers was part of a completely different style of offense. Centers is better for the pass-catching fullback role, but Gash and Shelton are better smash-mouth guys. As much as I loved Gash, Shelton was the better move for the price. As for Brown, I'm up in the air with that one. He was certainly a better left guard than Lawrence Smith, but he was also nowhere near deserving of half the credit he received. Quite possibley the most overrated player in the league for 3 or 4 straight years.

LtBillsFan66
02-25-2005, 12:44 PM
S. Gash
L. Centers
R. Brown
Henry Jones
Steve Christie
Andre Reed

Off the top of my head.

juice
02-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Henry Jones
Steve Christie
Andre Reed

Off the top of my head.B.Smith
T. Thomas
J. Reirsma

LtBillsFan66
02-25-2005, 12:48 PM
B.Smith
T. Thomas
J. Reirsma
Yup. I think it's Ralph...

ghz in pittsburgh
02-25-2005, 12:52 PM
I haven't mentioned the Bledsoe release but I have made it clear before that I don't agree with the move. I'd declare an open competition and tell JP to do what he's doing right now, and if he can perform in camp to the same level of Bledsoe, the job is his.

However, I do understand why they release Bledsoe right now. In fact the little bit of Steelers connection told me it's very much a Mularkey call. I have no problem with a coach or coaching staff who want no distraction and dedicate to prepare a kid who they believe will be adequate to win in the coming season.

In retrospect, whenever a coaching staff took over, more often than not, the team must provide players the coach wants. Belichick won with his players like Brady. Jimmy Johnson won with his players as well. Look at Phily, Pittsburgh, that's usually the norm. It's obvious Mularkey has a feel out period last year, from Henry to McGahee, now Bledsoe to Losman. You have to give Mularkey that, even it meant a step backwards.

Novacane
02-25-2005, 12:53 PM
How are they supposed to handle it? If a player still thinks he can play and the Bills don't wth are they supposed to do? The player is gonna be pissed no matter what.

Mudflap1
02-25-2005, 12:55 PM
If the Bills don't make the playoffs, Donahoe won't be back.

Five years, no playoffs?

Jon

LtBillsFan66
02-25-2005, 12:56 PM
How are they supposed to handle it? If a player still thinks he can play and the Bills don't wth are they supposed to do? The player is gonna be pissed no matter what.
Seems though they never handle it the right way.

TedMock
02-25-2005, 12:58 PM
I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but sometimes a player's time has passed. It's a cold football world, but it is what it is. Cutting Andre Reed, and Thurman Thomas were not bad moves at all. They both went after the 1999 season. Moulds just had his breakout season with 1300 yards, and was the clear #1 guy at WR. Thurman was a backup the last three season's with a progressively diminishing role that ended with injury. Time to clear the cap and make room for the new guys. Sad but true. Bruce had a 10 sack season the following year in Washington, but that was about it. I think Henry Jones had football left in him, and Steve Christie certainly had a lot left. Most of those moves were the right moves. It's just a matter of taking the emotional side out of the game, and understanding that it is a business.

Novacane
02-25-2005, 12:58 PM
Seems though they never handle it the right way.

What is the right way?

juice
02-25-2005, 01:00 PM
How are they supposed to handle it? If a player still thinks he can play and the Bills don't wth are they supposed to do? The player is gonna be pissed no matter what.If thats the case then he loses the position in an open competition, and you still have a veteran backup on the roster -we're still taking the 4 million dollar cap hit.

Even if we're planning on playing Losman why not let things play out until this kid proves he's ready.. meanwhile if things dont work out with losman you still have the experienced backup.

Novacane
02-25-2005, 01:17 PM
TD and MM think they have a better chance with Losman. I'll take thier opinion over a bunch of Drew Bledsoe fans.

don137
02-25-2005, 01:19 PM
The problem with a QB compeition is they re two totality different QBs. As a result the playbook would vary a great deal based on the strengths and weaknesses of the QB. The coaching staff want to create some plays that better utilize the mobility of Losman. Kind of tough to get do and get everyone on the same page if their is a QB competition in TC. If Bledsoe was mobile and the playbook would be the same then I would say I agree with the QB competition.

ghz in pittsburgh
02-25-2005, 01:40 PM
Don137, you know what? You are hitting on something everyone implied was obvious: if it's open competition, Bledsoe would win hands down.

I say No. If Mularkey and Co. go with an offensive plan more towards Losman's strength - which is what Mularkey prefers apparently - then I don't think it's far fetched that Losman may actually perform better in the summer.

The competition should not based on a plan catering to Bledsoe's strength or weakness.

jamze132
02-25-2005, 02:11 PM
I'd bet that when Mularkey took the job last year, it was the understanding that Drew would be gone if they didn't make the playoffs. If we would have made the playoffs, I think Mularkey would have kept Drew for one more year, just to groom JP. Besides, why make any changes if you make the playoffs and the team is improving? Of course Drew didn't know any of this. Mularkey has a different idea on how he wants his offense ran. Drew wasn't mobile enough to be apart of what Mularkey will install this year. It may be a little rough at times this year, but I think it's in the teams best interest to get it going sooner rather than later. It's not the end of the world if we don't make the playoffs this year with JP. We wouldn't have made it with Drew anyways. However, I really do believe that we will be in the playoffs this year. Wildcard, of course.

juice
02-25-2005, 02:58 PM
Does anyone have any idea if this kid can make good decisions while being pressured by J. Taylor or Abraham.. I think the Pittsburgh boys, or at least MM, is thinking what he could've had with Big Ben.

We may need more than Mathews as a backup if Losman turns out to be the next Ryan Leaf.

Novacane
02-25-2005, 03:04 PM
Does anyone have any idea if this kid can make good decisions while being pressured by J. Taylor or Abraham.. I think the Pittsburgh boys, or at least MM, is thinking what he could've had with Big Ben.

Or maybe MM is thinking Losman is better than Bledsoe. I'll take his opinon over a message board boy who idolizes murderers and washed up players

ddaryl
02-25-2005, 03:08 PM
If the Bills don't make the playoffs, Donahoe won't be back.

Five years, no playoffs?

Jon
Yes he will

Konyeezie
02-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Drew sucks. JP can't be any worse, especially in big games.

Dredsoe had Sam Wyche, Tom Clements, and Mike Mularkey to guide him along and he still couldn't get it done (not that he was asked to do much)

juice
02-25-2005, 03:12 PM
Or maybe MM is thinking Losman is better than Bledsoe. I'll take his opinon over a message board boy who idolizes murderers and washed up playersI guess you followed Losman since HS and throughout his college career, and your convinced he's the next Brett Favre..

But just for the sake of discussion why dont you :stfu:.. Ride Losman's Jock and get off of mine Sweetheart.

Novacane
02-25-2005, 03:15 PM

Dredsoe had Sam Wyche, Tom Clements, and Mike Mularkey to guide him along and he still couldn't get it done (not that he was asked to do much)

:posrep: seems pretty simple does'nt hit? It's not like JP is stepping in for some super star.

Novacane
02-25-2005, 03:17 PM
I guess you followed Losman since HS and throughout his college career, and your covinced he's the next Brett Favre..

But just for the sake of discussion why dont you :stfu:.. Ride Losman's Jock and get off of mine Sweetheart.

:lmao: You are the expert on riding players jocks. I'm glad you don't like JP. He'll probably be a Hall of Famer now!

juice
02-25-2005, 03:22 PM

Dredsoe had Sam Wyche, Tom Clements, and Mike Mularkey to guide him along and he still couldn't get it done (not that he was asked to do much)Sure he can be worse.. nothing like a 3-13 season to cause your UFA on defense to bolt for the Miami Sun.

juice
02-25-2005, 03:32 PM
:lmao: You are the expert on riding players jocks. I'm glad you don't like JP. He'll probably be a Hall of Famer now!No I dont Like or DisLike JPL I just haven't seen him really prove that he can run an offense.. what did he show you in the Pre-Season or regular season that suggests he should be handed the Starters position without any serious competition.

I'm feeling really confident about Mathews backing up Loseman.. Mathews isn't even considered starting material in this League and never has been.

Jeff1220
02-25-2005, 03:35 PM
No I dont Like or DisLike JPL I just haven't seen him really prove that he can run an offense.. what did he show you in the Pre-Season or regular season that suggests he should be handed the Starters position without any serious competition.

I'm feeling really confident about Mathews backing up Loseman.. Mathews isn't even considered starting material in this League and never has been.

Isn't that why he's been a back-up?

juice
02-25-2005, 03:50 PM
Isn't that why he's been a back-up?So if Losman breaks his pinky-finger on his throwing hand in TC this pre-season do you think Mathews could go 3-1 until JP comes back -Meanwhile you'd still have no idea where Losmans development is.

I'm just saying it's gonna take more than Mathews as backup.. Losman is a mobile QB he's gonna take hits.

Why limit your options by demoting Bledsoe.. He's under contract let him compete and then lose the job -At least you have an experienced backup.The Bills have just added to the origonal price we paid Dallas for the unproven (Rookie).

jamze132
02-25-2005, 03:59 PM
If you think about it, we traded Dallas a first round pick to take Drew off our hands and in the process, got a pretty good QB prospect.

THATHURMANATOR
02-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Excellent points. Daimon Shelton was just as effective as Gash, and Centers was part of a completely different style of offense. Centers is better for the pass-catching fullback role, but Gash and Shelton are better smash-mouth guys. As much as I loved Gash, Shelton was the better move for the price. As for Brown, I'm up in the air with that one. He was certainly a better left guard than Lawrence Smith, but he was also nowhere near deserving of half the credit he received. Quite possibley the most overrated player in the league for 3 or 4 straight years.

I hope Juice doesn't read this.

EDS
02-25-2005, 04:17 PM
The reason Drew was dumped was because the coaching staff and front office did not believe he could lead the Bills to the playoffs - as a starter or back-up.

Sure turning the reins over to Losman is a risk, but you have to take risks to win big. Examples of this are St. Louis going to former arena leaguer Kurt Warner when Trent Green goes down for the season; the Pats going with completely untested Tom Brady when Drew goes down; Dennis Green turns the reins of the Vikings over to untested Dante Culpepper after cutting the previous years starter; and most recently the Steelers going with untested rookie Ben Rothlisberger when veteran starter Tom Maddux goes down with an injury. In all four cases the teams did not know what they were going to get performance wise from the untested QBs, but all three worked out.

BillsFever21
02-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Just wondeful. We only have two years of Juice's conspiracy theories as to why Drew is gone just like when Rueben was cut last year.

What the hell did Reed, Thomas, Jones or any of them guys do after we cut them?

We were 20 million over the cap and had to cut them guys to get under. I guess it would've been better to keep them around with contract extensions and then be way over the cap this year?

If we had kept them guys then players like Spikes, Adams, Milloy and even your boy toy Drew Bledsoe wouldn't had been here because we wouldn't have been able to afford them.

Some people get too attached to players and don't realize when their time is done. Besides Smith's one good season what did any of them players do after we cut them?

The only players even left in the league from who we cut are Riemersma, Christie and Sam Rogers.

Riemersma did nothing in Pittsburgh and Sam Rogers has been a nobody.

Who would you rather have right now, Sam Rogers and Henry Jones or Takeo Spikes and Lawyer Milloy?

juice
02-25-2005, 05:44 PM
He was certainly a better left guard than Lawrence Smith,I read this part of it -last years offense struggled because they could neither Run Block or Pass Block, thats why we started off 0-4 and missed the Playoffs.

EDS
02-25-2005, 05:47 PM
I read this part of it -last years offense struggled because they could neither Run Block or Pass Block, thats why we started off 0-4 and missed the Playoffs.

That and the fact that the team had new coaches, a new offensive system, etc. If you really think Ruben Brown would have been the difference between playoffs and no playoffs you can't see the forest between the trees.

juice
02-25-2005, 08:44 PM
Simple Dive plays and three step drops are part of any basic scheme.

Bulldog
02-25-2005, 08:56 PM
So if Losman breaks his pinky-finger on his throwing hand in TC this pre-season do you think Mathews could go 3-1 until JP comes back -Meanwhile you'd still have no idea where Losmans development is.

I'm just saying it's gonna take more than Mathews as backup.. Losman is a mobile QB he's gonna take hits.

Why limit your options by demoting Bledsoe.. He's under contract let him compete and then lose the job -At least you have an experienced backup.The Bills have just added to the origonal price we paid Dallas for the unproven (Rookie).

Buffalo dumped Bledsoe because they have seen him play for the last three years and obviously he wasn't getting the job done. The guy has been in the NFL for 12 years and continues to make the same mistakes over and over again. If the ultimate goal is to win the Super Bowl, then why continue to play Bledsoe. He will NEVER lead any team to the Super Bowl ever again. Let the Losman era begin and find out if the kid has what it takes or not to make it in the league. I would rather see a young, inexperienced QB make mistakes ratrher than a 12 year vet. Good riddance to you Drew and good luck Dallas. You too will know the pain we have all felt for the last three years.

Billsouth
02-25-2005, 09:15 PM
i totally disagree. our future is with jp and not drew. i think it was pretty clear that db was not going to beat out jp for the starter and we did not want another travis on our hands. DID WE NOT LEARN ANYTHING FROM THE ROB JOHNSON/ FLUTIE SITUATION? the worst position to have controversy is QB!!

GOOD MOVE TD!!!

juice
02-25-2005, 10:18 PM
i totally disagree. our future is with jp and not drew. i think it was pretty clear that db was not going to beat out jp for the starter and we did not want another travis on our hands. DID WE NOT LEARN ANYTHING FROM THE ROB JOHNSON/ FLUTIE SITUATION? the worst position to have controversy is QB!!

GOOD MOVE TD!!!What you are saying is that we should go with a backup with no ability just to avoid a QB controversy - thats a formula for failure.

justasportsfan
02-25-2005, 10:27 PM

seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/213515_bledsoe25.html (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/213515_bledsoe25.html) And keep a back-up w/ a huge salary if Losman does beat Drew? Hell no. Drew limits the ability of this offense from being more creative. Bellichick can easily handle Drew w/ his D. Now the fins have Saban who will also have ways to handle Drew and the limited offense w/ him in there. NA, Drew is old news, the AFCE is getting stronger and we need a new strategy. The days of an imobile qb are now on it's way out w/ faster and stronger DE's and lb's. That wouldn't have been a problem if Drew knew how to handle pressure like Brady. He doesn't, he's the worst qb under pressure.

We could possibly have a Farve in Jp. We will never know unless he get's his experience.

superbills
02-25-2005, 10:31 PM
What you are saying is that we should go with a backup with no ability just to avoid a QB controversy - thats a formula for failure.

And you base your assessment that Losman has no ability on what, I wonder? Could it be...bias? No, couldn't be...

Actually, deciding that you want to stick with the status-quo at a position just because you're afraid of change and/or you're almost literally married to a particular player is a formula for failure. I don't get it. How people can be so blind to the obvious is beyond me.

wbat27
02-25-2005, 10:39 PM
What have any of the players mentioned done (besides bruce smith) done since leaving buffalo (maybe christy)...... not much but retire or back somebody up.

juice
02-25-2005, 10:41 PM
And you base your assessment that Losman has no ability on what, I wonder? Could it be...bias? No, couldn't be...

:rant:I didn't say Losman had no ability, thats not even the thread topic.

We're discussing how the Bills FO limited the teams options and left us without a viable option at backup QB by publically demoting Bledsoe instead of just letting JPL win the start outright.

justasportsfan
02-26-2005, 12:07 AM
:rant:I didn't say Losman had no ability, thats not even the thread topic.

We're discussing how the Bills FO limited the teams options and left us without a viable option at backup QB by publically demoting Bledsoe instead of just letting JPL win the start outright.Drew was not going to take a paycut therefore forcing the team to cut him. Drew needs a better OL while some other qb's could've made our OL look so much better. We all know what we would've gotten if we kept Drew....the same thing as last year and his entire career , an average AT BEST qb against strong teams.

Historian
02-26-2005, 06:29 AM
Henry Jones
Steve Christie
Andre Reed

Off the top of my head.

Ron McDole
Dennis Shaw
Ahmad Rashad
Joe Ferguson
Joe Cribbs
Fred Smerlas
Jamie Mueller

Suffice it to say it's a long list, lol.

And to be honest, I don't know why some of you are so hot to dump TD. Even if they did fire him (which isn't going to happen anytime soon) they would only promote Modrak, which means, philosophically, nothing changes at 1 BD.

juice
02-26-2005, 08:24 AM
Drew was not going to take a paycut therefore forcing the team to cut him. Drew needs a better OL while some other qb's could've made our OL look so much better. We all know what we would've gotten if we kept Drew....the same thing as last year and his entire career , an average AT BEST qb against strong teams.Bledsoe taking a paycut wasn't the issue - because he restructured last year I dont think another paycut this year was even an option.

Any QB would need a better O-Line than the one we fielded at the beginning of last season.. Losman would get killed dropping back behind L. Smith.

If we're going to take the 4 miilion dollar cap hit anyway, why not let losman outright win the start? Bledsoe would serve as an insurance policy just in case the kid gets injured again this year or starts the season 0-4.

Novacane
02-26-2005, 09:05 AM
He's gone! Get over it! He is now a member of the Juice All Suck Team!

juice
02-26-2005, 09:13 AM
He's gone! Get over it! He is now a member of the Juice All Suck Team!Your mother is the MVP.. Biotch:funny:

Billz_fan
02-26-2005, 09:14 AM
Bledsoe taking a paycut wasn't the issue - because he restructured last year I dont think another paycut this year was even an option.

Any QB would need a better O-Line than the one we fielded at the beginning of last season.. Losman would get killed dropping back behind L. Smith.

If we're going to take the 4 miilion dollar cap hit anyway, why not let losman outright win the start? Bledsoe would serve as an insurance policy just in case the kid gets injured again this year or starts the season 0-4.

We started last season 0-4 with Bledsoe :laughter: that includes a week 3 bye. So after 5 weeks of the NFL season with Drew last year we hadn't won a game.

So whats the difference ?

juice
02-26-2005, 09:42 AM
We started last season 0-4 with Bledsoe :laughter: that includes a week 3 bye. So after 5 weeks of the NFL season with Drew last year we hadn't won a game.

So whats the difference ?What's the difference?

The best turn-around season in team history 0-4 start

L. Evans Became a major deep threat

W. McGahee a top flight Back

#1 Defense became a unit

What happens if Losman isn't ready.. Mathews?

Billz_fan
02-26-2005, 10:01 AM
Im not satisfied with 8-8 or 9-7 or 6-10 and no playoffs. Even if JP stinks the joint out and gets replaced by Drew (would he have stayed) is where we would still end up.

We spent a #1 pick on this kid. If he is gonna sink or swim we need to know so we can plan accordingly. Letting him sit on the bench while Drew leads us to another mediocre year just doesn't cut it IMO.

Lets say Drew does stay and holds the clipboard. As soon as JP strugles the moaning for Drew to come in is gonna start. So he can do what ? Lead us to the brink of the playoffs ? If we are 3-13 or 8-8 or 9-7 the result is the same. We sit home for the post season.

Let JP have the ball and lets see if he can play. If not then we are no worse off no matter what are record. Drew certainly wasn't winning us a SB.

jamze132
02-26-2005, 10:16 AM
Or maybe MM is thinking Losman is better than Bledsoe. I'll take his opinon over a message board boy who idolizes murderers and washed up players
Word!

justasportsfan
02-26-2005, 12:23 PM
Bledsoe taking a paycut wasn't the issue - because he restructured last year I dont think another paycut this year was even an option.

If we're going to take the 4 miilion dollar cap hit anyway, why not let losman outright win the start? Bledsoe would serve as an insurance policy just in case the kid gets injured again this year or starts the season 0-4.Even last years paycut was not enough especially if he ended up being JP's back-up. Keeping him wouldv'e cost us more than that 4 million. We save a little over 2 million by cutting him.

Remember how Flutie made our OL look so much better than Rob did? Hell even the Pill made our OL look better. It's the same thing w/ Drew. Yes our OL sucked at the begining of the season, They did a better job at protecting Drew and yet Drew still sucked or was average even against crappy teams except against the fins. Drew gives us an automatic 2 losses against the Pats and would've cost us another 2 against Saban and the fins. If and when Losman matures by getting the much needed experience, we'll be okay. I think he can do a better job playing caretaker than Drew can for the first few games until he get's comfortable.

Mr. Cynical
02-26-2005, 12:42 PM
:deadhorse:

Novacane
02-26-2005, 01:28 PM
:deadhorse:

Juice should get over it in a year or two