PDA

View Full Version : Ty Law CUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bills 4 life
02-25-2005, 09:35 PM
TD PLEASE SIGN THIS GUY...

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-26-2005, 07:05 AM
In today's NFL it just isn't feasibly to sign high priced corners. I don't see it happening.

Jan Reimers
02-26-2005, 07:12 AM
WHY must we fantasize over every big name, high priced guy who is released, on the block, or a free agent?

Let's just overlook all of our offensive needs and pay a 30 something guy millions and millions to make our already strong D marginally better.

The King
02-26-2005, 07:16 AM
I dont know what the hell kind of ground Law has to stand on asking for a huge contract. I cant think of any teams who are desperate for corners that they will throw money at him. My guess is Law ends up in Cleveland with Crennel he will use him to mentore the young guys they have at corner now.

Ickybaluky
02-26-2005, 08:04 AM
I cant think of any teams who are desperate for corners that they will throw money at him.

You are kidding, right?

There are a bunch of teams that need CB that I could see having interest in Law: Dallas, Oakland, Washington, Cleveland, NY Giants, Green Bay, Minnesota, Detriot, New Orleans, St. Louis, San Francisco, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Tennessee or Kansas City.

Law is going to garner a lot of interest, and there will be at least a few teams from the above listed that will be willing to overpay for a guy of Law's caliber.

dannyek71
02-26-2005, 09:09 AM
You are kidding, right?

There are a bunch of teams that need CB that I could see having interest in Law: Dallas, Oakland, Washington, Cleveland, NY Giants, Green Bay, Minnesota, Detriot, New Orleans, St. Louis, San Francisco, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Tennessee or Kansas City.

Law is going to garner a lot of interest, and there will be at least a few teams from the above listed that will be willing to overpay for a guy of Law's caliber.
washington needs a corner desperatly? They have springs + smoot

They have other needs

DraftBoy
02-26-2005, 09:41 AM
WHY must we fantasize over every big name, high priced guy who is released, on the block, or a free agent?

Let's just overlook all of our offensive needs and pay a 30 something guy millions and millions to make our already strong D marginally better.

Our Defensive backfield is our 2nd biggest concern imo. I know we need OL but we need another CB too bc McGee showed he didnt have it last year and im not convinced he's gonna have it this year. And I want insurance in case Nate goes back to his previous form and doesnt keep up his pro bowl play. We got alot of teams with alot of good WR's:

Jets: Moss, and soon to be 1-2 FA's
Phins: Boston, Chambers, McMicheal
Pats: Givens, Brown,Patten, Branch

We need more than one good corner to play these guys and be successful, thats why we have a ton of interest. Personally Im worried about FS too but I hope Baker or a rookie can handle it if we can get another lock down corner in here. As bad as our OL looked last year we were a player away from being good, same as our DB's.

Ickybaluky
02-26-2005, 10:18 AM
washington needs a corner desperatly? They have springs + smoot

They have other needs

Fred Smoot is a FA and he isn't re-signing with Washington.

They do have Springs, but they are looking at starting Walt Harris at the other CB. Harris is a veteran that has played for the Bears and Colts before landing in Washington last year. He may be OK at nickel, but one of their biggest needs is a starting CB to play across from Springs. Probably their only bigger need is at WR, given they are getting rid of Coles and Gardner.

Don't you think Danny Snyder will be interested in signing a big-name like Ty Law?

jamze132
02-26-2005, 10:21 AM
Our Defensive backfield is our 2nd biggest concern imo. I know we need OL but we need another CB too bc McGee showed he didnt have it last year and im not convinced he's gonna have it this year. And I want insurance in case Nate goes back to his previous form and doesnt keep up his pro bowl play. We got alot of teams with alot of good WR's:

Jets: Moss, and soon to be 1-2 FA's
Phins: Boston, Chambers, McMicheal
Pats: Givens, Brown,Patten, Branch

We need more than one good corner to play these guys and be successful, thats why we have a ton of interest. Personally Im worried about FS too but I hope Baker or a rookie can handle it if we can get another lock down corner in here. As bad as our OL looked last year we were a player away from being good, same as our DB's.
Are you serious? :funny:

The King
02-26-2005, 10:27 AM
Fred Smoot is a FA and he isn't re-signing with Washington.

They do have Springs, but they are looking at starting Walt Harris at the other CB. Harris is a veteran that has played for the Bears and Colts before landing in Washington last year. He may be OK at nickel, but one of their biggest needs is a starting CB to play across from Springs. Probably their only bigger need is at WR, given they are getting rid of Coles and Gardner.

Don't you think Danny Snyder will be interested in signing a big-name like Ty Law?

I have to think by now he might have some sort of a clue. Can you imagine what jersey sales are like in WAS, who the hell do you buy? I see Law back in NE

DraftBoy
02-26-2005, 10:36 AM
Are you serious? :funny:

Most definetly, Im sorry I want this team to get better and not settle for just good, my bad

Ickybaluky
02-26-2005, 10:50 AM
Law back in NE

I'd love that, but that isn't happening. Ty is gone. He will end up someplace like Kansas City or Minnesota.

Mr. Cynical
02-26-2005, 12:36 PM
He's 31 and we don't know how he will be after he comes back from the injury. Personally I think this is the start of his decline, so any team that pays a ton to get him better be ready to make their run now. His move to S is 1-2 years away IMO, and as I mentioned you just don't know how his speed will be after the injury. Hate to say it.....again.....but BB is once again proving to be a smart coach.

jamze132
02-27-2005, 09:47 AM
Most definetly, Im sorry I want this team to get better and not settle for just good, my bad
I want the team to get better too but we don't need to pay another top corner to do so. McGee will be just fine.

DraftBoy
02-27-2005, 09:52 AM
I want the team to get better too but we don't need to pay another top corner to do so. McGee will be just fine.

What makes you say that? Was it McGee getting burned most of the season or his kick off returns. I agree I think McGee will be fine in time, but I dont see anything to indicate that he is ready to become a starting NFL corner on one of the best defenses only two years out of D-II football. He still cant bump the wr like Winfield used to or like Nate does. He takes fewer chances than Nate but ends up with getting beat deep more bc he gets throw by misdirections in the routes. I hope to god your right and he's in Buffalo right now working it all out but nothing last season showed me he was ready for the job then.

jamze132
02-27-2005, 05:38 PM
What makes you say that? Was it McGee getting burned most of the season or his kick off returns. I agree I think McGee will be fine in time, but I dont see anything to indicate that he is ready to become a starting NFL corner on one of the best defenses only two years out of D-II football. He still cant bump the wr like Winfield used to or like Nate does. He takes fewer chances than Nate but ends up with getting beat deep more bc he gets throw by misdirections in the routes. I hope to god your right and he's in Buffalo right now working it all out but nothing last season showed me he was ready for the job then.
Well it's obvious you didn't watch many Bills games. His first couple fo starts where very rocky but he got better each game. If I'm not mistaken, Nate got burnt a few times too this year. And I believe McGee was 2nd on the team in interceptions. Just because he's 2 years out of Div II football and on one of the best defenses in the NFL doesn't mean crap. Just because he didn't play Div I doesn't mean the guy can't play. And did you watch the probowl? yeah, I know he made it as a KR, but he was playing corner against some of the best WR in the NFC and holding his own.

DraftBoy
02-27-2005, 06:23 PM
Well it's obvious you didn't watch many Bills games. His first couple fo starts where very rocky but he got better each game. If I'm not mistaken, Nate got burnt a few times too this year. And I believe McGee was 2nd on the team in interceptions. Just because he's 2 years out of Div II football and on one of the best defenses in the NFL doesn't mean crap. Just because he didn't play Div I doesn't mean the guy can't play. And did you watch the probowl? yeah, I know he made it as a KR, but he was playing corner against some of the best WR in the NFC and holding his own.

Obviously you dont read my posts very often or you would notice my intense criticisms of Nate Clements and his lackluster play at times. Now Nate finally showed me what ive been waiting to see last year, and if you have to defend McGee's play by knocking another players than you are doing your point no good. Also Terennce McGee was not 2nd on the team in INT's Spikes was. 3 Int's is not something to right home about.