• Bills 4 life
    • Oct 2004

Ty Law CUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TD PLEASE SIGN THIS GUY...
    "No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills"

Buffalo Bills fans- "We're all we got"
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

In today's NFL it just isn't feasibly to sign high priced corners. I don't see it happening.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

WHY must we fantasize over every big name, high priced guy who is released, on the block, or a free agent?

Let's just overlook all of our offensive needs and pay a 30 something guy millions and millions to make our already strong D marginally better.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

I dont know what the hell kind of ground Law has to stand on asking for a huge contract. I cant think of any teams who are desperate for corners that they will throw money at him. My guess is Law ends up in Cleveland with Crennel he will use him to mentore the young guys they have at corner now.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
          I cant think of any teams who are desperate for corners that they will throw money at him.
          You are kidding, right?

There are a bunch of teams that need CB that I could see having interest in Law: Dallas, Oakland, Washington, Cleveland, NY Giants, Green Bay, Minnesota, Detriot, New Orleans, St. Louis, San Francisco, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Tennessee or Kansas City.

Law is going to garner a lot of interest, and there will be at least a few teams from the above listed that will be willing to overpay for a guy of Law's caliber.

Comment

• dannyek71
            Drink Responsibly
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by NE39
            You are kidding, right?

There are a bunch of teams that need CB that I could see having interest in Law: Dallas, Oakland, Washington, Cleveland, NY Giants, Green Bay, Minnesota, Detriot, New Orleans, St. Louis, San Francisco, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Tennessee or Kansas City.

Law is going to garner a lot of interest, and there will be at least a few teams from the above listed that will be willing to overpay for a guy of Law's caliber.
            washington needs a corner desperatly? They have springs + smoot

They have other needs
            [

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              WHY must we fantasize over every big name, high priced guy who is released, on the block, or a free agent?

Let's just overlook all of our offensive needs and pay a 30 something guy millions and millions to make our already strong D marginally better.

Our Defensive backfield is our 2nd biggest concern imo. I know we need OL but we need another CB too bc McGee showed he didnt have it last year and im not convinced he's gonna have it this year. And I want insurance in case Nate goes back to his previous form and doesnt keep up his pro bowl play. We got alot of teams with alot of good WR's:

Jets: Moss, and soon to be 1-2 FA's
              Phins: Boston, Chambers, McMicheal
              Pats: Givens, Brown,Patten, Branch

We need more than one good corner to play these guys and be successful, thats why we have a ton of interest. Personally Im worried about FS too but I hope Baker or a rookie can handle it if we can get another lock down corner in here. As bad as our OL looked last year we were a player away from being good, same as our DB's.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by dannyek71
                washington needs a corner desperatly? They have springs + smoot

They have other needs
                Fred Smoot is a FA and he isn't re-signing with Washington.

They do have Springs, but they are looking at starting Walt Harris at the other CB. Harris is a veteran that has played for the Bears and Colts before landing in Washington last year. He may be OK at nickel, but one of their biggest needs is a starting CB to play across from Springs. Probably their only bigger need is at WR, given they are getting rid of Coles and Gardner.

Don't you think Danny Snyder will be interested in signing a big-name like Ty Law?

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  Our Defensive backfield is our 2nd biggest concern imo. I know we need OL but we need another CB too bc McGee showed he didnt have it last year and im not convinced he's gonna have it this year. And I want insurance in case Nate goes back to his previous form and doesnt keep up his pro bowl play. We got alot of teams with alot of good WR's:

Jets: Moss, and soon to be 1-2 FA's
                  Phins: Boston, Chambers, McMicheal
                  Pats: Givens, Brown,Patten, Branch

We need more than one good corner to play these guys and be successful, thats why we have a ton of interest. Personally Im worried about FS too but I hope Baker or a rookie can handle it if we can get another lock down corner in here. As bad as our OL looked last year we were a player away from being good, same as our DB's.
                  Are you serious?

Comment

• The King
                    Without me it's just Awe so
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by NE39
                    Fred Smoot is a FA and he isn't re-signing with Washington.

They do have Springs, but they are looking at starting Walt Harris at the other CB. Harris is a veteran that has played for the Bears and Colts before landing in Washington last year. He may be OK at nickel, but one of their biggest needs is a starting CB to play across from Springs. Probably their only bigger need is at WR, given they are getting rid of Coles and Gardner.

Don't you think Danny Snyder will be interested in signing a big-name like Ty Law?

I have to think by now he might have some sort of a clue. Can you imagine what jersey sales are like in WAS, who the hell do you buy? I see Law back in NE
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                      Are you serious?

Most definetly, Im sorry I want this team to get better and not settle for just good, my bad
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
                        Law back in NE
                        I'd love that, but that isn't happening. Ty is gone. He will end up someplace like Kansas City or Minnesota.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

He's 31 and we don't know how he will be after he comes back from the injury. Personally I think this is the start of his decline, so any team that pays a ton to get him better be ready to make their run now. His move to S is 1-2 years away IMO, and as I mentioned you just don't know how his speed will be after the injury. Hate to say it.....again.....but BB is once again proving to be a smart coach.

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            Most definetly, Im sorry I want this team to get better and not settle for just good, my bad
                            I want the team to get better too but we don't need to pay another top corner to do so. McGee will be just fine.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                              I want the team to get better too but we don't need to pay another top corner to do so. McGee will be just fine.

What makes you say that? Was it McGee getting burned most of the season or his kick off returns. I agree I think McGee will be fine in time, but I dont see anything to indicate that he is ready to become a starting NFL corner on one of the best defenses only two years out of D-II football. He still cant bump the wr like Winfield used to or like Nate does. He takes fewer chances than Nate but ends up with getting beat deep more bc he gets throw by misdirections in the routes. I hope to god your right and he's in Buffalo right now working it all out but nothing last season showed me he was ready for the job then.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X