PDA

View Full Version : Henry to Oakland a done deal?

ICE74129
02-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Someone on BB.com is saying that Chanel 4 out of Buffalo says that henry to Oakland is all but a done deal?

anyone from Buffalo confirm this?

buffalofan19
02-25-2005, 10:42 PM
What would the Bills be getting from Oakland?

TigerJ
02-25-2005, 10:45 PM
I missed most of the report, but caught the Henry to Oakland part. That may have taken over from the Arizona speculation as the hot rumor. Hopefully we'll know in a couple days.

TigerJ
02-25-2005, 10:48 PM
Oakland has the sixth pick in round 2.

ICE74129
02-25-2005, 10:50 PM
The guy says that a high NFL Official has told him the Bills have changed gears and Oakland and Buffalo are trying to finalise a deal to send TH to Oakland. Neither the Raiders nor Bills would comment. (Which we know is the sign that YES something is happening LOL!)

They have an interesting 6'8 LT that might be promising. I say throw in Center Jake Grove for Good measure and we have a deal

Philagape
02-25-2005, 11:02 PM
It might also be nice to get a backup RB, Wheatley or Fargas

PISSCHUNK
02-25-2005, 11:25 PM
Teyo Johnson--TE

kevinj22
02-25-2005, 11:26 PM
The AP is reporting that Oakland may trade C. Woodson, is it possible that the trade we are hearing about is for him? If so I don't know if I like that deal better than the Shelton deal. But I would definitely take him.

Dr. Lecter
02-25-2005, 11:28 PM
If the Bills get Woodson (unlikely) they will have a dominant, dominant defense.

Woodson, Vincent, Milloy, Clements in the backfield??????

Damn.

ScottLawrence
02-25-2005, 11:29 PM
PFFFF.

Like we could afford a Contract like Woodsons.

juice
02-25-2005, 11:32 PM
Could be a 3 team deal between Oak, Ari, and Buf.

Tatonka
02-25-2005, 11:33 PM
i really cant even speculate.. i have bashed td at times.. but i trust how he will handle the henry situation.. he spends all day, every day, working to make the team better.. he will make this work out.

carybillsfan
02-25-2005, 11:33 PM
How the hell can the Raiders afford anyone, they're already $15mil over the cap and that doesn't include a penny from Moss or Porter. I just don't see Henry going there, I mean the way they've been spending are they gonna try and play both ways?

Dr. Lecter
02-25-2005, 11:35 PM
By dumping Woodson they save 10 million + on the cap.

carybillsfan
02-25-2005, 11:38 PM
By dumping Woodson they save 10 million + on the cap.

They can't cut Woodson, his contract is gauranteed. Were not getting him(nor do I want him and his $10mil salary), but I wouldn't mind getting Porter.

Dr. Lecter
02-25-2005, 11:41 PM
No they can't cut him. But if they do trade him they save 10 mil. Trading Porter would cause a bigger cap hit, due to his bonus money.

I doubt like hell the Bills are getting Woodson and I am not really in favor of it.

clumping platelets
02-25-2005, 11:42 PM
:dizzy:

SoCalRaider
02-26-2005, 12:08 AM
Just to let you guys know, Charles Woodson and his agent Poston just bent the Raiders over and signed the $10.5 million franchise tender. According to the Raiders website, **** is about to hit the fan...

http://www.raiders.com/default.jsp

ddaryl
02-26-2005, 12:14 AM
TH to Raiders gives the Bills a major upper hand. The Raiders need to purge salary to get under the cap and they need a RB with a small cap hit.

TD should be able to get multiple players instead of the Raiders just releasing personell. There of course needs to be one worthy bonafide player in the deal.

DraftBoy
02-26-2005, 12:24 AM
I got a crazy idea its a Henry for Woodson deal contigent on both players working out long term deals with new team....Woodson just screwed the Raiders over and I think he would take less to get the hell out of Oakland.

Ickybaluky
02-26-2005, 01:43 AM
I got a crazy idea its a Henry for Woodson deal contigent on both players working out long term deals with new team....Woodson just screwed the Raiders over and I think he would take less to get the hell out of Oakland.

It could well be, as Woodson is definitely going to be traded (http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8229803).

However, don't kid yourself about Woodson taking less. He really wouldn't mind staying with Oakland, but he is on record as stating he wants to be the highest-paid CB in the game.

SoCalRaider
02-26-2005, 01:44 AM
Woodson signs -- trade near?
Nancy Gay, Chronicle Staff Writer
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/02/26/RAIDERS.TMP
Saturday, February 26, 2005

Perhaps sensing the Raiders' frustration with him and his agent, cornerback Charles Woodson signed a one-year, $10.5 million franchise offer sheet late Friday, a move that actually accelerates his chances of playing elsewhere in 2005.

Woodson's entire salary is guaranteed. But the Raiders already had accounted for his tender amount in their bookkeeping by quietly restructuring the contracts of several veterans and have cleared enough space to accommodate both next week's acquisition of wide receiver Randy Moss ($7.25 million salary) as well as another probable free-agent signing, sources close to the team said Friday night.

"Woodson wouldn't have been tagged if the money and the cap space wasn't there,'' a source with knowledge of the team's cap situation said. "All this does is speed things along.''

In essence, the Raiders -- who have gotten nowhere in talks with Woodson's agent, Carl Poston, regarding a long-term deal -- are even more motivated to trade the talented but troublesome four-time Pro Bowler, now that he's finally agreed to the tender.

And the team has told Poston to look elsewhere if he wants a long-term contract for Woodson.

Despite reports of a cap crisis within the team, the Raiders appear to be closing in on a free agent running back, possibly former Jets backup LaMont Jordan, who will be free to sign as early as Wednesday.

Already, the Raiders acquired Moss from the Vikings in exchange for starting linebacker Napoleon Harris, their No. 1 pick in April's NFL Draft and their seventh-round pick in '05. That trade will become official on Tuesday.

Poston, who was in Indianapolis for the NFL Scouting Combine, slipped an "intent to sign'' notice under the door of a Raiders' executive Friday night at the team's hotel. He did not return a phone call from the Chronicle seeking comment.

In response, the Raiders issued a cryptic release Friday night confirming their intent to deal Woodson to the highest bidder.

"The actions of agent Carl Poston and Charles Woodson tell us that they must have reached a long term deal with a team and we expect a trade very soon,'' the statement read.

Woodson's departure may not come by way of trade.

Said a Raiders source, "They're free to talk to whoever they want about a long-term deal. Have at it.''

Woodson's non-exclusive franchise tag permits him to negotiate elsewhere. But if another team wants to sign Woodson long-term, the Raiders have the right to either match the offer or receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.

There has been some trade interest in Woodson. The Chiefs and the Giants both have pressing needs at cornerback and are believed to have made inquiries about his availability.

The Raiders have restructured the contract of injured quarterback Rich Gannon, taking him down to the veteran minimum of $755,000, only $455,000 of which counts against the cap. In doing so, the team will postpone any decision about Gannon's playing future until after June 1, when the cap hit from his bonus acceleration (about $5.4 million) moves to 2006.

Left tackle Barry Sims also has agreed to have his 2005 salary reduced from $3.1 million. The Raiders also are expected to waive several high-priced players before Tuesday's league-wide deadline for compliance with the $85.5 million salary cap, among them guards Ron Stone ($2.6 million), Frank Middleton ($3 million) and defensive tackle John Parrella ($3 million).

Mr. Miyagi
02-26-2005, 02:55 AM
Doesn't trading for Woodson, since he's tagged, mean 2 first rounders? I don't think TD would do that for that position.

The Henry to Oakland talk, true or not, is encouraging because it tells me that Heny's value is way higher than before than and more than one team is literally cutting each other in line to get him. :naughty:

The Natrix
02-26-2005, 02:59 AM
I doubt Henry is going to Oakland For Woodsen. I don't see it.

YardRat
02-26-2005, 04:05 AM
I think the two first rounders only come into play if Woodson hadn't signed the Oakland offer, but chose to sign with another team after being tagged...the new team would then give Oakland two firsts as compensation.

Since he signed the tender, the only way out now is via trade.

The three-way with Arizona is interesting, but I see Woodson going to Arizona way before coming here.

And if it is a three-way, we better get a lot more than just Shelton.

Big M
02-26-2005, 05:08 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=66375

It makes sense. Thus my prediction, although I also read where the Raiders were also considering the Jets Lamont Jordan.

Dozerdog
02-26-2005, 06:07 AM
Personally, I bet all of this is a smokescreen to get the Cardinals to pull the Shelton deal trigger

Historian
02-26-2005, 06:10 AM
Personally, I bet all of this is a smokescreen to get the Cardinals to pull the Shelton deal trigger

You could be right....but Ralph does like those Michigan boys.

It's his alma mater.

Keep in mind, the Raider got to see him play first hand last September, and when all the smoke from the league cleared, he had actually won the game for us.

I wouldn't mind it happening. It doesn't protect our young QB though.

Dozerdog
02-26-2005, 06:16 AM
I'd rather over pay Pat Williams and give him his 5 million than over pay Woodson and give him 7-10 million it will take to sign him.

Why play hardball with your own guys then turn around and give the farm to an outsider?

If I was really intent on giving any CB 7-10 million, I'd wait for Law to get healthy

Jan Reimers
02-26-2005, 06:57 AM
Why don't we try for O line, TE, and/or WR help, which we need a lot more than a $10 Million CB?

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-26-2005, 07:03 AM
I have to say that IMO there is no way the deal would be for Woodson. NO WAY!!!!

ICE74129
02-26-2005, 07:39 AM
Its not woodson you can count on that. The ONLY way it's woodson is if we have turned around and already agreed on a 3 team trade. Somehow TH will garner us an O Lineman and maybe another player.

Ickybaluky
02-26-2005, 07:59 AM
And if it is a three-way, we better get a lot more than just Shelton.

Three-way trades are common in other sports, but I can't even think of one that occurred in the NFL.

That said, it probably wouldn't be the first three-way that Travis Henry was involved in.

The_Philster
02-26-2005, 08:01 AM
Three-way trades are common in other sports, but I can't even think of one that occurred in the NFL.

That said, it probably wouldn't be the first three-way that Travis Henry was involved in.

Bills fans can....it's how we got Cornelius Bennet

Mr. Miyagi
02-26-2005, 09:23 AM
Its not woodson you can count on that. The ONLY way it's woodson is if we have turned around and already agreed on a 3 team trade. Somehow TH will garner us an O Lineman and maybe another player.
Is Robert Gallery tradable yet? :drool:

ryjam282
02-26-2005, 09:25 AM
We don't need Woodson....He is overrated...Don't get me wrong, he is a good player but we don't need him here. We need OL help. I would love to get a few of the raiders lineman...Langston Walker is eating some cap room so maybe him and a pick? That would be nice....

DraftBoy
02-26-2005, 09:32 AM
Walker, Grove, Woodson, Draftpicks Id take any of it.

ScottLawrence
02-26-2005, 09:46 AM
Lets get serious.

We can't afford Woodson.

IMO, its for a lineman like Barry Sims, or a draft pick.

Gunzlingr
02-26-2005, 09:50 AM
I don't think it is for woodson. Not a real need position for us, and not worth the money. I bet we are getting Sapp.

:jk:

juice
02-26-2005, 09:58 AM
Have there been anymore reports on WVIB or what? Or has this turned to a spammer?

djjimkelly
02-26-2005, 09:59 AM
cmon u guys think this is really even a minor reality! id much rahther see TD sign nate to a long term deal then bring in woodson. hell id realy want both. but keeping nate is more of a proirity to me!

jamze132
02-26-2005, 10:10 AM
If a team wanted to trade for Woodson, they would make an offer. The Raiders than have the oportunity to match the offer. If the Raiders refuse to match the offer, they recieve two 1st round draft picks in compensation. So theoraticaly, if Donahoe offered a 1 yr contract worth 1 mil and the Raiders didn't match, he would be ours, but we would lose two 1st round draft picks. There is now way in hell Donahoe would do this, for many reasons. The biggest reason would have to be givving up two 1st rounders. Another reason Woodson will never dawn a Bills uniform is the fat that he wants to be the highest paid corner in the NFL. You really think Donahoe would make any player on his roster the highest paid player in his position? Besides, our defense doesn't really need another pro bowl corner. I think, if the rumors are true, Henry will be dealt to Oakland for O lineman.

ddaryl
02-26-2005, 10:14 AM
Is Robert Gallery tradable yet? :drool:

Nope, he was a high draft pick last year. If the Raiders trade him it would accelerate the siging bonus and create even a bigger salary cap mess for Oakland.

Plus Gallery's value is much higher than TH's.

DynaPaul
02-26-2005, 10:22 AM
We're not getting Woodson, end of story. The move makes no sense when we have fine people in our secondary like McGee, Clements, Milloy, and Vincent. What would we need Woodson for? If there is a trade with Oakland I'd count on seeing some other player shift the Bills way.

Michael82
02-26-2005, 10:37 AM
That's the way TD works. Maybe he is trying to pry a draft pick out of Arizona too? :idunno:

:pray:

tampabay25690
02-26-2005, 11:08 AM
Thi is funny, WOODSON A BILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEA RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WIll never happen....

shotgun
02-26-2005, 11:11 AM
Woodson signs -- trade near?
Nancy Gay, Chronicle Staff Writer
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/02/26/RAIDERS.TMP
Saturday, February 26, 2005

Perhaps sensing the Raiders' frustration with him and his agent, cornerback Charles Woodson signed a one-year, $10.5 million franchise offer sheet late Friday, a move that actually accelerates his chances of playing elsewhere in 2005.

Woodson's entire salary is guaranteed. But the Raiders already had accounted for his tender amount in their bookkeeping by quietly restructuring the contracts of several veterans and have cleared enough space to accommodate both next week's acquisition of wide receiver Randy Moss ($7.25 million salary) as well as another probable free-agent signing, sources close to the team said Friday night.

"Woodson wouldn't have been tagged if the money and the cap space wasn't there,'' a source with knowledge of the team's cap situation said. "All this does is speed things along.''

In essence, the Raiders -- who have gotten nowhere in talks with Woodson's agent, Carl Poston, regarding a long-term deal -- are even more motivated to trade the talented but troublesome four-time Pro Bowler, now that he's finally agreed to the tender.

And the team has told Poston to look elsewhere if he wants a long-term contract for Woodson.

Despite reports of a cap crisis within the team, the Raiders appear to be closing in on a free agent running back, possibly former Jets backup LaMont Jordan, who will be free to sign as early as Wednesday.

Already, the Raiders acquired Moss from the Vikings in exchange for starting linebacker Napoleon Harris, their No. 1 pick in April's NFL Draft and their seventh-round pick in '05. That trade will become official on Tuesday.

Poston, who was in Indianapolis for the NFL Scouting Combine, slipped an "intent to sign'' notice under the door of a Raiders' executive Friday night at the team's hotel. He did not return a phone call from the Chronicle seeking comment.

In response, the Raiders issued a cryptic release Friday night confirming their intent to deal Woodson to the highest bidder.

"The actions of agent Carl Poston and Charles Woodson tell us that they must have reached a long term deal with a team and we expect a trade very soon,'' the statement read.

Woodson's departure may not come by way of trade.

Said a Raiders source, "They're free to talk to whoever they want about a long-term deal. Have at it.''

Woodson's non-exclusive franchise tag permits him to negotiate elsewhere. But if another team wants to sign Woodson long-term, the Raiders have the right to either match the offer or receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.

There has been some trade interest in Woodson. The Chiefs and the Giants both have pressing needs at cornerback and are believed to have made inquiries about his availability.

The Raiders have restructured the contract of injured quarterback Rich Gannon, taking him down to the veteran minimum of $755,000, only $455,000 of which counts against the cap. In doing so, the team will postpone any decision about Gannon's playing future until after June 1, when the cap hit from his bonus acceleration (about $5.4 million) moves to 2006.

Left tackle Barry Sims also has agreed to have his 2005 salary reduced from $3.1 million. The Raiders also are expected to waive several high-priced players before Tuesday's league-wide deadline for compliance with the $85.5 million salary cap, among them guards Ron Stone ($2.6 million), Frank Middleton ($3 million) and defensive tackle John Parrella ($3 million).

were in there dose it say the bills are rumor to trade henry to oak for woodson>>>????? it dose not .... were blowing all this way out of preporshion.........................

Mr. Cynical
02-26-2005, 12:48 PM
www.dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com)

The_Philster
02-26-2005, 12:53 PM
www.dictionary.com ("http://www.dictionary.com")

:spit:

DaBills
02-26-2005, 01:00 PM
www.dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com)

LOQ!

:funny:

Mr. Miyagi
02-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Thi is funny, WOODSON A BILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEA RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WIll never happen....
Hold on to your panties.

We don't want it to happen. :cynic:

willis_mchenry
02-26-2005, 02:29 PM
Could this be possible? Henry to Oakland for Charles Woodson, then Woodson to some other team to get back a 1st Rounder? I'm not sure about the salary cap mess this could make but could it be possible?

don137
02-26-2005, 06:52 PM
Henry for Grove is realistic. Gallery and Woodson does not make sense from a financial or from an equal value perspective.

Mr. Cynical
02-26-2005, 06:56 PM
Henry for Grove is realistic. Gallery and Woodson does not make sense from a financial or from an equal value perspective.
He would likely have been our pick if we had kept our #2 last year. I wouldn't mind this trade at all...we need to upgrade at C.

Marvelous
02-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Makes sense but we would need either a pick(3rd) or anothe rplayer. Probably a player since they are in cap hell. grove was rated as the best C coming out last year. Not sure how he did as a rook. Prob benched behind Treu.
Whoever said Sapp is miles apart from the way trades go. esp from TD.
And i don't think teams do 3 way trades anymore. Same thing with Simms. he's over 30. No value trade wise anyways.

Henry
for
Grove and a young player with upside.

Or
Just smokescreen to push Arizona.

Is it true that Denny Green wanted Henry & a pick? HAHAHA! he wants our proven RB for his benched LT.
Has anyone looked into Shelton more? Like how he plays, is he mean,dirty,tough,in good condition and prevents injury. I don't have the Arizona game on tape :(

Dr. Lecter
02-26-2005, 08:59 PM
Is it true that Denny Green wanted Henry & a pick? HAHAHA! he wants our proven RB for his benched LT.
Has anyone looked into Shelton more? Like how he plays, is he mean,dirty,tough,in good condition and prevents injury. I don't have the Arizona game on tape :(
I think if the trae is straight up the Bills get the better part of the deal. remember, TH was benched too. He also struggles in blitz pick-up, is an average receiver and runs a punishing style that leads to short career. And he has had lower leg injuries two years in a row. I would also say the a LT is more valuable than a RB.

Throne Logic
02-26-2005, 09:00 PM
TH to Raiders gives the Bills a major upper hand. The Raiders need to purge salary to get under the cap and they need a RB with a small cap hit.

TD should be able to get multiple players instead of the Raiders just releasing personell. There of course needs to be one worthy bonafide player in the deal.

Now this is a nice thought. Trades offer nice cap relief options. TH for a couple of good players might just be the key. TH has a nice cap friendly contract.

I don't really want Woodson, however. I just don't feel he's worth the type of money he's after.

Wheresthekgun
02-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Screw wasting 2 1st round picks we dont need woodson if we needed anothe DB then we could sign samari rolle......Cheaper more effecient and could fit alot better than woodson.....

Throne Logic
02-26-2005, 09:12 PM
Screw wasting 2 1st round picks we dont need woodson if we needed anothe DB then we could sign samari rolle......Cheaper more effecient and could fit alot better than woodson.....

Uh, not that a I want Woodson, but I felt I should help clear your mind here. If Buffalo trades for Woodson then no compensation is due to the Raiders. It's only if he get's signed away from the Franchising team and that team doesn't match the "stealing" offer.

Crisis
02-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Could we even sign Woodson now that he signed his tender?

Earthquake Enyart
02-28-2005, 06:35 AM
Maybe Henry for a couple of guys that they are going to cut anyway.....Stone and / or Middleton.