PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible?

nuklz2594
02-26-2005, 01:01 AM
Think about ths scenerio.
We trade Travis Henry to Oakland for Charles Woodson. This deal could be contingent on Woodson willing to sign a long term deal with Buffalo. This may not be far-fetched as Woodson just signed a tender of over $10.5 million. They will definitely part ways.
Ty Law is a free agent. Maybe Lawyer Milloy can convince him to play for Buffalo.
We have plenty of cap money to make lucrative deals.
A secondary of Milloy,Law,Woodson,and Clements would not be hard to take.

Your thoughts

Shiny Chicken
02-26-2005, 01:05 AM
2 words: Prohibitively expensive.

Jersey1031
02-26-2005, 01:05 AM
sounds like a nice fantasy team, probability that would ever happen has to be little to none

kevinj22
02-26-2005, 01:16 AM
Where the heck is eveyone going to play?

Ickybaluky
02-26-2005, 01:39 AM
Woodson is definitely getting traded by the Raiders, and soon. In fact, he likely already has a deal worked out with another team.

Mr. Miyagi
02-26-2005, 02:57 AM
2 words: Prohibitively expensive.
One word: Nah.

I hope it doesn't happen. We don't need any more defense.

The Natrix
02-26-2005, 03:02 AM
Woodson is definitely getting traded by the Raiders, and soon. In fact, he likely already has a deal worked out with another team.

Maybe one of the Vikings two RBs and a 4th.

SoCalBillsFan
02-26-2005, 03:27 AM
we wouldn't get BOTH law and woodson...and I don't think we'll get either.

Mr. Miyagi
02-26-2005, 03:32 AM
Maybe one of the Vikings two RBs and a 4th.
Aren't they done raping each other yet?

Dozerdog
02-26-2005, 06:22 AM
The only Raider I want is Jake Grove- Center

Jan Reimers
02-26-2005, 06:50 AM
Some of you guys obviously play WAY too much fantasy football. In the real world, we have pesky little problems like the salary cap, the need for offensive help at several positions, and the problem of what to do with Troy Vincent (in your scenario).

Why would we want - and how could we afford - 3 All Pro corners when we desperately need O linemen, plus help at WR, TE and RB, if TH is traded.

I hate to break this to some of you, but we will not be able to sign every big name, high priced player in free agency, on the trading block, or released by his team.

dannyek71
02-26-2005, 07:08 AM
While we're at it, lets trade for Michael Vick. In madden I have him play rb with inuries off. He does great! So lets trade for him and make him a rb in real life. It cant fail

Jan Reimers
02-26-2005, 07:56 AM
Great idea...Then we get Woodson, Gallery and Porter for Henry, sign Orlando Pace, and bring in Ricky Williams to back up WM and Vick.

Philagape
02-26-2005, 08:16 AM
Then we'll trade for Peyton Manning to be JP's backup.

dannyek71
02-26-2005, 08:29 AM
Lets make TKO a wide reciever too. I made Bruce Smith a wr in madden once. He did great.

I just think TD needs to play some more madden.

Michael82
02-26-2005, 10:16 AM
Isn't that against the NFL rules?

DynaPaul
02-26-2005, 10:26 AM
Think about ths scenerio.
We trade Travis Henry to Oakland for Charles Woodson. This deal could be contingent on Woodson willing to sign a long term deal with Buffalo. This may not be far-fetched as Woodson just signed a tender of over $10.5 million. They will definitely part ways.
Ty Law is a free agent. Maybe Lawyer Milloy can convince him to play for Buffalo.
We have plenty of cap money to make lucrative deals.
A secondary of Milloy,Law,Woodson,and Clements would not be hard to take.

Your thoughts

Wouldn't be prudent at this juncture.

jamze132
02-26-2005, 10:28 AM
Where the heck is eveyone going to play?
Well, I guess Clements, Woodson, and Law would have to play paper, rock, scissors.

jamze132
02-26-2005, 10:30 AM
Some of you guys obviously play WAY too much fantasy football. In the real world, we have pesky little problems like the salary cap, the need for offensive help at several positions, and the problem of what to do with Troy Vincent (in your scenario).

Why would we want - and how could we afford - 3 All Pro corners when we desperately need O linemen, plus help at WR, TE and RB, if TH is traded.

I hate to break this to some of you, but we will not be able to sign every big name, high priced player in free agency, on the trading block, or released by his team.
Very well put :clap:

jamze132
02-26-2005, 10:32 AM
This is quite possibly the funniest thread I have read in a while. :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Ickybaluky
02-26-2005, 10:51 AM
Isn't that against the NFL rules?

The Raiders have given his agent permission to shop him.

DaBills
02-26-2005, 12:24 PM
I heard Marv Levy's available too.

I'll say it again. Put those guys (Milloy, Law, etc.) back there that you want. Even add in Deion Sanders, Ron Woodson and Ronnie Lott at their peak. 13 guys back in coverage even! It still won't matter if we continue to not pressure the QB and lay off WR 5+ yards at the LINE.

We may be defending well against deep routes, #2 and #3 overall, (and THAT is even debatable when we have given up many 3rd and long conversions), but that's misleading. Even if we take away those deep routes, QB's still have time to look to their 2nd and 3rd guys in the middle. Even going to checkoffs close-in. It appears we are giving up too many yards after the catch because of soft coverage closer to the LOS.

We are getting killed on the type of passing that sustains drives - the short-range passing game made up of screens and plays across the middle. For the past few years, Manning, Brady and any decent QB are writing the book on how to beat our defense. They know they have a quick slant or screen against us any time they want it.