PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Pace is available

Stewie
02-26-2005, 11:31 AM
Rams are looking to move him for the right package (as per ESPN). If we get a 2nd for Henry, could we use our 2 second-round picks to get Pace? Would you throw in an additional 2nd next year?

More importantly, could we sign him to a long term deal and work him under the cap?

Jan Reimers
02-26-2005, 11:43 AM
If we can't afford to keep JJ, I'm not sure how we will handle the Millions that a much better LT will demand. But if TD could pull it off, I will rejoin the "Donahoe, Certified Genius Club."

IHateTheDullphins
02-26-2005, 12:19 PM
isn't Pace 74 years old?

Dr. Lecter
02-26-2005, 12:24 PM
If we can't afford to keep JJ, I'm not sure how we will handle the Millions that a much better LT will demand. But if TD could pull it off, I will rejoin the "Donahoe, Certified Genius Club."
I think the Bills could afford JJ, but he is not going to be wise investment. Too many injuries. Pace is top-notch. Could they do it? I don't know. That would make for two very high priced tackles.

DaBills
02-26-2005, 12:38 PM
I'd wanted to see that happen more with Drew. He'd probably been more effective shielding Drew from the many blindsided sacks he took being a righty QB. But JP is a wild card. Don't yet know what he'll do in the pocket.

Will his mobility render a Pace not as effective? I say that because while OP would bring vet stability to that part of the line – would JP get nervous a lot and compromise that pass protection by taking off all the time?

But I would definitely say bring on Pace. Then, get a DE. Then I'd be happy and you guys could have Law back there in the secondary.

;-p

EDS
02-26-2005, 02:04 PM
Definitely won't happen. Pace is too expensive.

elltrain22
02-26-2005, 02:11 PM
Agreed. No way we have enough $$ to give Pace, but it would be nice if we did.

Jan Reimers
02-26-2005, 04:04 PM
isn't Pace 74 years old?
Pace is 29. JJ is 27.

Mr. Cynical
02-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Those "special" lineman like Pace last forever. He'll be good for another 5-6 years.

Stewie
02-26-2005, 04:40 PM
isn't Pace 74 years old?

29 I believe. Plenty of years left.

Wheresthekgun
02-26-2005, 09:11 PM
PACE!!!!! Needs to put on a bill uniform and be a anchor to our line... Bring back Ruben Brown and we will be good oline will be set....

Throne Logic
02-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Rams are looking to move him for the right package (as per ESPN). If we get a 2nd for Henry, could we use our 2 second-round picks to get Pace? Would you throw in an additional 2nd next year?

More importantly, could we sign him to a long term deal and work him under the cap?

I seriously doubt that the Rams would trade Pace for two second round picks. But hey, I also thought Parcells would be smart enough to pass on Bledsoe this offseason. Anyone know what Pace's contract looks like over the next couple seasons?

Dr. Lecter
02-26-2005, 09:22 PM
He has no contract. He is a FA with the franchise tag.

Samphin1
02-26-2005, 09:23 PM
I think Pace will only be dealt for a King's ransom. The Rams know what they have in him. I would think they would demand a team's first day picks at a minimum. I am sure they will work out some type of contract.

If you guys are desperate for a LT, I would suggest sweetening the pot for Shelton. Then again, I would think that would be overpaying so who knows...

Crisis
02-26-2005, 09:25 PM
Pace has no agent. That's the main reason he's a FA. St. Louis wants to deal him because they cant negotiate a contract with anyone since he doesn't have an agent. If they can't, how would we be able to?

Canadian'eh!
02-27-2005, 12:46 AM
too expensive... either get Shelton or resign Jennings.... beyond that we're looking at the Draft or a bargain on the FA market. Someone like Stockar McDougle or Victor Riley could fillin well with McNally's help.

Also worth mentioning that some see Mark Wahle as a better fit a T

Tatonka
02-27-2005, 12:48 AM
pace wants to be the highest paid offensive lineman in nfl history and that is why he keeps getting tagged.. he wanted a SB over 20 million last season, which was down from the ******ed amount he was asking for earlier when they were trying to extend him. he wanted an overall contract around 70 million.

**** him.

gr8slayer
02-27-2005, 01:01 AM
I would rather retain JJ and spend alot less.

jamze132
02-27-2005, 10:05 AM
I don't think it's really a matter of "can we afford him?", but more along the lines of "Jennings ain't that good to make that type of money".

Stewie
02-27-2005, 11:35 AM
My feeling is this: the bonus money might prohibit us to get Pace, but we could fit him into the cap if we needed to. I don't see Ralph ponying up 20 mil a few years after Mike Williams got all his guaranteed money.

Too bad, cause Orlando Pace could bookend our line at an all-pro level for 5 years.

Michael82
02-27-2005, 11:47 AM
I would rather retain JJ and spend alot less.
I would rather trade for LJ Shelton. :up:

BTW....Welcome to BillsZone and sweet sig, man! :up:

Novacane
02-27-2005, 11:53 AM
Bring back Ruben Brown and we will be good oline will be set....

:negrep: Now you're gonna get juice started again

Michael82
02-27-2005, 12:02 PM
:negrep: Now you're gonna get juice started again
Maybe it's another Ruben Brown relative? :snicker: