PDA

View Full Version : F/A Targets

PISSCHUNK
02-27-2005, 10:06 AM
Let our guys walk unless they take the current offers from us! JJ while a good LT, he simply gets hurt every year. We can't pay him premier money.
Pat is 32 and shouldn't get more jack than Sam and we have a couple DT's waiting in the wings to replace him.(Edwards and Anderson)

Somehow, get the trade done for Shelton with Henry.
At the start of F/S, sign Keydrick Vincent-LG from the Steelers.
Also, make a run at Marcus Pollard-TE from Indy. He gives us athleticism at the position that we don't currently have.
Supposedly, Washington is trying to pedal Ron Gardner-WR as well as Coles.
Teams have said to be offering in the 3rd rd. range for him(Gardner). I would do it in a heartbeat to get a big WR that can move the chains unlike Josh Reed.

In the draft, that would leave us with a 2 and a 4 to add another RB and speed WR. Let's face it, if Moulds or Evans get injured, we have nothing to fill in. With our 4th, I would love to add the Santana Moss-like Roscoe Parrish from UM. With he and Evans on the field, safeties would have to stay back!

Find another G and CB and SS with picks 5,6 and 7 with the RB or K (Nugent)coming in with our 2nd.

Add an experienced, mobile QB in F/A and we're set.

Late :clap:

tampabay25690
02-27-2005, 01:42 PM
I do agree with many things you said!!! I definitely think we are gonna need Pollard type of TE for JP. And a 3rd WR would be great I dont think Josh Reed will cut it here in Buff!!!!

hudella
02-27-2005, 01:48 PM
Dominic Raiola, center, who can play gaurd, from the lions. we should pick him up in my opinion

Ickybaluky
02-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Dominic Raiola, center, who can play gaurd, from the lions. we should pick him up in my opinion

He already re-signed with Detriot and is not available.

Canadian'eh!
02-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Let our guys walk unless they take the current offers from us! JJ while a good LT, he simply gets hurt every year. We can't pay him premier money.
Pat is 32 and shouldn't get more jack than Sam and we have a couple DT's waiting in the wings to replace him.(Edwards and Anderson)

Also, make a run at Marcus Pollard-TE from Indy. He gives us athleticism at the position that we don't currently have.
Teams have said to be offering in the 3rd rd. range for him(Gardner). I would do it in a heartbeat to get a big WR that can move the chains unlike Josh Reed.

In the draft, that would leave us with a 2 and a 4 to add another RB and speed WR. Let's face it, if Moulds or Evans get injured, we have nothing to fill in. With our 4th, I would love to add the Santana Moss-like Roscoe Parrish from UM. With he and Evans on the field, safeties would have to stay back!

Find another G and CB and SS with picks 5,6 and 7 with the RB or K (Nugent)coming in with our 2nd.

This is all fine except for the fact that Parrish will go in the second and MAYBE early 3rd if he falls... but 4th? i doubt it. Mind you, I'd LOVE to have a WR named Roscoe.

I'd rather give a creative contract to Bubba Franks that the cash strapped GB team cant match than sign pollard who has been in decline the last 1+ years. Or go with a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a TE again.

RB in the 2nd seems a bit high.. it's a deep RB draft and since we are only looking for a backup a 4th or 5th rounder would be fine.

hard to predict draft picks as you never know what needs we fill in free agency.... but i have to think priority right now in my mind is:

Oline
TE
K
CB
WR
RB

in that order... but you need to go with the "best available" scenario as usual.

Sportsuser101
02-27-2005, 02:39 PM

What is this obsession with another reciever? We have 3 good WRs. Alot of teams would kill to have our WRs. Reed had an off year. So what? So you not only want to trade our 3rd for Gardner you want to use our 4th round pick on a WR?

I do agree to let Pat walk. He is not a huge loss (no pun intended).

I say sign McDougle and move Big Mike over to LT. Draft Baas if he's still there in the 2nd. Trade Henry to the Raiders for there 3rd round pick and a conditional 4th round next year based on yards/TDs. We would have 1 of the best run blocking o-lines in the league if we were to get McDougle and Baas.

ddaryl
02-27-2005, 02:45 PM
No way the Bills make a play for Pollard unless he signs for the vet minimum.

Take away Manning and I doubt Pollard would be on anyones radar. He has ahd a few slightly above average seasons, but he is now 33 and if he comes to the Bills he won't have the Manning factor.

Don't see why anyone feels he is worth pursuing.

ParanoidAndroid
02-27-2005, 03:17 PM
I think Mould and Evans give us enough at wide receiver and Reed deserves another year now that Drew (force the ball to Moulds) Bledsoe is gone. Draft Paris Warren in the 4th to push Reed. Warren is a good underneath posession type receiver according to scouting reports. We should be checking out what Dan Neil (G, Denver) has left in him by bringing him in for a physical and a workout, or looking for another FA. I'm surprised that no one is seing our lack of depth at MLB as an issue. The back-up to London Fletcher is a 7th round pick that is barely keeping himself off the practice squad. I like Marcus Lawrence in the 3rd. We could use another CB now that Vincent has moved to FS, but the last thing we need is another SS. Pollard would be sweet, but I think priority has to go to the o-line. If Jennings goes, our priority has to be replacing him. If we can't upgrade the o-line in free agency or with the Henry trade, we should be looking at the best o-lineman for our 2nd. I think Edwards proved himself this year and if Williams demands top dollar, we should let him go, although that would be a bummer.

2. O-line
3. LB or CB
4. WR
5. RB
6. DT
7. QB

The_Philster
02-27-2005, 03:20 PM
What is this obsession with another reciever? We have 3 good WRs. Alot of teams would kill to have our WRs. Reed had an off year. So what?
He's had 2 off years in a row
I do agree to let Pat walk. He is not a huge loss (no pun intended).He's not? :huh: Who do you replace him with? Edwards is a significant drop-off from Williams

I say sign McDougle and move Big Mike over to LT.why on Earth would you do that? His strength is run-blocking. He's played at RT his entire career. You're setting him and the O-line back by moving him to LT.

Sportsuser101
02-27-2005, 04:36 PM
He's had 2 off years in a rowHe's not? :huh: Who do you replace him with? Edwards is a significant drop-off from Williams
why on Earth would you do that? His strength is run-blocking. He's played at RT his entire career. You're setting him and the O-line back by moving him to LT.
Reed was starting 1 of those years. He clearly wasn't a starter.

Edwards is a drop off but its not going to kill us. Edwards is a starter playing backup.

He hasn't played RT his entire career. He played LT at Texas for a while. How exactly are we setting the o-line back? Because YOU don't think he can play LT? Have you ever seen him play LT? I hate when guys think they know what players can and cannot do.

The_Philster
02-27-2005, 04:57 PM
Reed was starting 1 of those years. He clearly wasn't a starter.obviously

Edwards is a drop off but its not going to kill us. Edwards is a starter playing backup.so you admit he's a drop-off

He hasn't played RT his entire career. He played LT at Texas for a while.When talking career, I thought it was understood I meant his NFL career, a harder game than the NCAA...and I know he finished his NCAA career at Texas at RT
How exactly are we setting the o-line back? He's been working at RT his entire NFL career...the line builds up a chemistry when players have been in the same spots for a good amount of time...Offensive Line 101
Because YOU don't think he can play LT? Have you ever seen him play LT? I hate when guys think they know what players can and cannot do.And I hate when people have to get snippy when their opinion is disagreed with

ShadowHawk7
02-27-2005, 06:31 PM
Oline
TE
K
CB
WR
RB

in that order... but you need to go with the "best available" scenario as usual.

Love that priority order.

DraftBoy
02-27-2005, 06:48 PM
Oline
TE
K
CB
WR
RB

Where is the DL help?

SoCalBillsFan
02-27-2005, 06:51 PM
I would put DL before WR or RB, depending on what happens with Pat. If Pat leaves, DL becomes someone of a priority. We need a solid third tackle in that rotation. We really don't need any receivers-we are already deep and young. Any late-round receiver pick isn't going to contribute much, I'd rather use that pick on another position.

I still don't think TE is that much of a need in that draft. I think between Euhus and Campbell we are fine

DraftBoy
02-27-2005, 08:07 PM
I would put DL before WR or RB, depending on what happens with Pat. If Pat leaves, DL becomes someone of a priority. We need a solid third tackle in that rotation. We really don't need any receivers-we are already deep and young. Any late-round receiver pick isn't going to contribute much, I'd rather use that pick on another position.

I still don't think TE is that much of a need in that draft. I think between Euhus and Campbell we are fine

Id be pleased taking Patterson out of USC with our 2nd

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-28-2005, 08:14 AM
Good points for the most part.

I think we wrap up both of our o-line holes via F/A as there is enough talent out there to get that done. I am sure Jennings will walk. Keydrick Vincent would be a perfect fit here if we can afford him.

I don't know if we will bring in an older TE like Pollard, but I am pretty sure we will have another vet TE in camp, and whoever it is will be more athletic than the guys we already have.

Backup RB would probably be best addressed in the draft, or after June 1 if we can't get quality in the draft.

I am pretty sure we will see another veteran DT in camp (I am a bit surprised that we didn't hang on to Oliver Gibson last year, knowing that Pat could be gone) as well as at least one veteran WR. I don't see us giving up any draft picks this year for a WR, there will be enough average f/a WRs available to satisfy our needs.
QB will be addressed via f/a also.

In the draft I think we go best available player in round 2, then address oline,CB, LB (one of the things I fear MOST is the lack of depth at LB...could be the weakest link on this team) in the remaining rounds. I think we are in good shape at both safety positions, and we will be gunshy taking another defensive lineman early in this draft.

I also look for Donahoe and Modrak to ferrett out some solid talent in the undrafted free agent pool.

Sportsuser101
02-28-2005, 11:00 AM
obviously
so you admit he's a drop-off
When talking career, I thought it was understood I meant his NFL career, a harder game than the NCAA...and I know he finished his NCAA career at Texas at RTHe's been working at RT his entire NFL career...the line builds up a chemistry when players have been in the same spots for a good amount of time...Offensive Line 101 And I hate when people have to get snippy when their opinion is disagreed with
Yes I admit its a drop off. Obviously its a drop off but I don't think its worth it to pay Pat that type of money when he's the 3rd best defensive lineman on our team. Especially when we have a guy like Edwards behind him.

Obviously the NFL is harder then NCAA.

I guess the Pats line is horrible since they don't have chemistry since there always changing guys around.. right?

Not getting "snippy" just think its funny about some of your responses. I mean do we really need another WR that high in the draft? Its fans like you that if you were our GM we would be in cap hell.

mysticsoto
02-28-2005, 11:22 AM
Well not that I'm choosing sides on this little debate, but I do think we need a WR also. I think Reed has gotten enough chances and I'm tired of waiting for him to become the potential that we thought he might. And it's not just that DB may not have been throwing toward him - it is also that he tended to drop alot of balls when they did come his way. Aiken also hasn't panned out to be much of anything.

My concern right now is O-line, WR and TE. TE only b'cse our 2 top TEs are down and although we are hoping they recover fine, we don't know that they will return to 100%. I wouldn't mind Pollard for a 1 yr deal and if our top TEs pan out, then we could dump him next year.

O-line, I still would like us to get a Center and move Teague to LT. If we get Shelton, then they can battle it out or one of them could move to LG.

Then we can concentrate on filling up needed depth spots at LB, CB, DT, RB, etc.

The_Philster
02-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Yes I admit its a drop off. Obviously its a drop off but I don't think its worth it to pay Pat that type of money when he's the 3rd best defensive lineman on our team. Especially when we have a guy like Edwards behind him.I don't think anyone is suggesting we break the bank on him...we just hope that a deal can be agreed on because we'll be hurt on the D-Line if we lose him.
Not getting "snippy" just think its funny about some of your responses. I mean do we really need another WR that high in the draft? there you go getting snippy again...and putting words in my mouth...one of my biggest pet peeves. ...where did I say anything about drafting a WR high this year?
Its fans like you that if you were our GM we would be in cap hell.http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s26/smilies-45923.pngI already pointed out earlier in this post why this is a stupid statement