X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PISSCHUNK
    • Apr 2003

F/A Targets

Let our guys walk unless they take the current offers from us! JJ while a good LT, he simply gets hurt every year. We can't pay him premier money.
    Pat is 32 and shouldn't get more jack than Sam and we have a couple DT's waiting in the wings to replace him.(Edwards and Anderson)

Somehow, get the trade done for Shelton with Henry.
    At the start of F/S, sign Keydrick Vincent-LG from the Steelers.
    Also, make a run at Marcus Pollard-TE from Indy. He gives us athleticism at the position that we don't currently have.
    Supposedly, Washington is trying to pedal Ron Gardner-WR as well as Coles.
    Teams have said to be offering in the 3rd rd. range for him(Gardner). I would do it in a heartbeat to get a big WR that can move the chains unlike Josh Reed.

In the draft, that would leave us with a 2 and a 4 to add another RB and speed WR. Let's face it, if Moulds or Evans get injured, we have nothing to fill in. With our 4th, I would love to add the Santana Moss-like Roscoe Parrish from UM. With he and Evans on the field, safeties would have to stay back!

Find another G and CB and SS with picks 5,6 and 7 with the RB or K (Nugent)coming in with our 2nd.

Add an experienced, mobile QB in F/A and we're set.

Late
  • tampabay25690
    • Feb 2004

I do agree with many things you said!!! I definitely think we are gonna need Pollard type of TE for JP. And a 3rd WR would be great I dont think Josh Reed will cut it here in Buff!!!!
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• hudella
      • Jan 2005

Dominic Raiola, center, who can play gaurd, from the lions. we should pick him up in my opinion

Comment

• Ickybaluky
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by hudella
        Dominic Raiola, center, who can play gaurd, from the lions. we should pick him up in my opinion
        He already re-signed with Detriot and is not available.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by PISSCHUNK
          Let our guys walk unless they take the current offers from us! JJ while a good LT, he simply gets hurt every year. We can't pay him premier money.
          Pat is 32 and shouldn't get more jack than Sam and we have a couple DT's waiting in the wings to replace him.(Edwards and Anderson)

Also, make a run at Marcus Pollard-TE from Indy. He gives us athleticism at the position that we don't currently have.
          Teams have said to be offering in the 3rd rd. range for him(Gardner). I would do it in a heartbeat to get a big WR that can move the chains unlike Josh Reed.

In the draft, that would leave us with a 2 and a 4 to add another RB and speed WR. Let's face it, if Moulds or Evans get injured, we have nothing to fill in. With our 4th, I would love to add the Santana Moss-like Roscoe Parrish from UM. With he and Evans on the field, safeties would have to stay back!

Find another G and CB and SS with picks 5,6 and 7 with the RB or K (Nugent)coming in with our 2nd.

Late
          This is all fine except for the fact that Parrish will go in the second and MAYBE early 3rd if he falls... but 4th? i doubt it. Mind you, I'd LOVE to have a WR named Roscoe.

I'd rather give a creative contract to Bubba Franks that the cash strapped GB team cant match than sign pollard who has been in decline the last 1+ years. Or go with a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a TE again.

RB in the 2nd seems a bit high.. it's a deep RB draft and since we are only looking for a backup a 4th or 5th rounder would be fine.

hard to predict draft picks as you never know what needs we fill in free agency.... but i have to think priority right now in my mind is:

Oline
          TE
          K
          CB
          WR
          RB

in that order... but you need to go with the "best available" scenario as usual.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by PISSCHUNK

Late
            What is this obsession with another reciever? We have 3 good WRs. Alot of teams would kill to have our WRs. Reed had an off year. So what? So you not only want to trade our 3rd for Gardner you want to use our 4th round pick on a WR?

I do agree to let Pat walk. He is not a huge loss (no pun intended).

I say sign McDougle and move Big Mike over to LT. Draft Baas if he's still there in the 2nd. Trade Henry to the Raiders for there 3rd round pick and a conditional 4th round next year based on yards/TDs. We would have 1 of the best run blocking o-lines in the league if we were to get McDougle and Baas.
            Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

No way the Bills make a play for Pollard unless he signs for the vet minimum.

Take away Manning and I doubt Pollard would be on anyones radar. He has ahd a few slightly above average seasons, but he is now 33 and if he comes to the Bills he won't have the Manning factor.

Don't see why anyone feels he is worth pursuing.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                • Apr 2004

I think Mould and Evans give us enough at wide receiver and Reed deserves another year now that Drew (force the ball to Moulds) Bledsoe is gone. Draft Paris Warren in the 4th to push Reed. Warren is a good underneath posession type receiver according to scouting reports. We should be checking out what Dan Neil (G, Denver) has left in him by bringing him in for a physical and a workout, or looking for another FA. I'm surprised that no one is seing our lack of depth at MLB as an issue. The back-up to London Fletcher is a 7th round pick that is barely keeping himself off the practice squad. I like Marcus Lawrence in the 3rd. We could use another CB now that Vincent has moved to FS, but the last thing we need is another SS. Pollard would be sweet, but I think priority has to go to the o-line. If Jennings goes, our priority has to be replacing him. If we can't upgrade the o-line in free agency or with the Henry trade, we should be looking at the best o-lineman for our 2nd. I think Edwards proved himself this year and if Williams demands top dollar, we should let him go, although that would be a bummer.

2. O-line
                3. LB or CB
                4. WR
                5. RB
                6. DT
                7. QB
                Last edited by ParanoidAndroid; 02-27-2005, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                  What is this obsession with another reciever? We have 3 good WRs. Alot of teams would kill to have our WRs. Reed had an off year. So what?
                  He's had 2 off years in a row
                  I do agree to let Pat walk. He is not a huge loss (no pun intended).
                  He's not? Who do you replace him with? Edwards is a significant drop-off from Williams
                  I say sign McDougle and move Big Mike over to LT.
                  why on Earth would you do that? His strength is run-blocking. He's played at RT his entire career. You're setting him and the O-line back by moving him to LT.
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
                    He's had 2 off years in a rowHe's not? Who do you replace him with? Edwards is a significant drop-off from Williams
                    why on Earth would you do that? His strength is run-blocking. He's played at RT his entire career. You're setting him and the O-line back by moving him to LT.
                    Reed was starting 1 of those years. He clearly wasn't a starter.

Edwards is a drop off but its not going to kill us. Edwards is a starter playing backup.

He hasn't played RT his entire career. He played LT at Texas for a while. How exactly are we setting the o-line back? Because YOU don't think he can play LT? Have you ever seen him play LT? I hate when guys think they know what players can and cannot do.
                    Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Reed was starting 1 of those years. He clearly wasn't a starter.
                      obviously
                      Originally posted by sportsuser101
                      Edwards is a drop off but its not going to kill us. Edwards is a starter playing backup.
                      so you admit he's a drop-off
                      He hasn't played RT his entire career. He played LT at Texas for a while.
                      When talking career, I thought it was understood I meant his NFL career, a harder game than the NCAA...and I know he finished his NCAA career at Texas at RT
                      How exactly are we setting the o-line back?
                      He's been working at RT his entire NFL career...the line builds up a chemistry when players have been in the same spots for a good amount of time...Offensive Line 101
                      Because YOU don't think he can play LT? Have you ever seen him play LT? I hate when guys think they know what players can and cannot do.
                      And I hate when people have to get snippy when their opinion is disagreed with
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                        Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!

Oline
                        TE
                        K
                        CB
                        WR
                        RB

in that order... but you need to go with the "best available" scenario as usual.
                        Love that priority order.
                        "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                        -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!

Oline
                          TE
                          K
                          CB
                          WR
                          RB

Where is the DL help?
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                            Expert on Experts
                            • Jul 2002

I would put DL before WR or RB, depending on what happens with Pat. If Pat leaves, DL becomes someone of a priority. We need a solid third tackle in that rotation. We really don't need any receivers-we are already deep and young. Any late-round receiver pick isn't going to contribute much, I'd rather use that pick on another position.

I still don't think TE is that much of a need in that draft. I think between Euhus and Campbell we are fine

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
                              I would put DL before WR or RB, depending on what happens with Pat. If Pat leaves, DL becomes someone of a priority. We need a solid third tackle in that rotation. We really don't need any receivers-we are already deep and young. Any late-round receiver pick isn't going to contribute much, I'd rather use that pick on another position.

I still don't think TE is that much of a need in that draft. I think between Euhus and Campbell we are fine

Id be pleased taking Patterson out of USC with our 2nd
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X