X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

I just heard...

I called WGR this afternoon to see if the Henry deal has been confirmed yet, and the guy told me that it is very, very close, and that he is almost ready to confirm the news over the air, and.... He also said that Randy Moss, who was just acquired by Oakland, may be dealt to Miami for Ricky Williams, and then he also told me that the Bills were also trying to work out a deal to acquire Matt Birk from Minnesota. I know all this is based on non-factual info, but I thought you all may want to know.
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...
  • Italian Stallion
    Knows More Than You
    • Feb 2004

BS......What does a phone guy at a radio station know about anything?
    BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Yeah, sounds hokey to me.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

hokey or not I like the news except for the Randy to Miami part
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
          • Apr 2004

If this is true, what does Miami plan to do with 4 number one receivers? Even if they get rid of Booker, they still have Boston and Chambers and still no QB. It doesn't make any sense to me. I could see the Raiders going for Ricky, but I don't see giving up Moss for him. The Matt Birk thing sounds good. That would be awesome, but I wasn't aware that he was up for grabs.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jan 2004

I don't believe anything WGR is saying they just say stuff just to get you to listen. . WGR is the worst sports radio station in WNY it doesn't come in clear because it's on AM. When it does all you get is interference well at least I do where I live. WNSA was a lot better than those idiots over at WGR55 and WNSA should still be on and WGR55 should be the ones
            Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 02-27-2005, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Crisis
              • Aug 2004

It'll be more than Ricky for Moss.

Maybe Ricky and the #2 and a 2nd rounder next year.
              Originally posted by LOSman WINS
              Vanek is Austrian not European
              Originally posted by Prov401
              Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
              Originally posted by better days
              I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Ok so I guess you mean the Shelton deal? Not the deal to Oakland?

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

So your saying the Raiders gave up the #7 pick and Napolean Harris for Ricky Williams?

Yeah, OK.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

I'm not sure that Birk would be much of an improvement over Teague.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                      • Mar 2004

I'm not buying moss to miami either. miami has problems everywhere EXCEPT at WR. Booker and Chambers make a good combo, so adding Moss makes no sense. Last I heard, Ricky could be traded for oakland but it was for a mid round pick and the 8.6 mill that is owed to miami would be paid by al davis.

It just doesn't make sense... I guess when you are talking about acquiring the best WR in football, it doesn't really matter. But why wouldn't Miami just have traded their #2 to Minnesota if they were going to do it at all?

This rumour just doesn't make sense...

as for Shelton/Henry. I'm pretty sure this will happen unless one fo the teams get some other offer that is that much more enticing. It makes sense as both teams fill a major need and accomplish their goal of moving those players.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        I'm not sure that Birk would be much of an improvement over Teague.

Birk would b a huge upgrade over Teague, Birk is a pro-bowl caliber C. Teague is a bum
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                          So your saying the Raiders gave up the #7 pick and Napolean Harris for Ricky Williams?

Yeah, OK.

Comment

• Samphin1
                            • Mar 2004

As a Miami fan, I would love to trade a retired pot smoking quitter for Randy Moss. The reality is it just isn't going to happen. It would be too many receivers as another poster said. Although, Boston is reportadly going to be cut if he doesn't restructure. I suppose trading Ricky, Booker, and Surtain would get Moss to Miami, but then you have the same basic makeup you had before at the wideout but with one less ProBowler in Surtain.

This is a definate false rumor.

Comment

• Crisis
                              • Aug 2004

I read that totally wrong. I thought it said the Vikings backed out of the Moss to Oakland deal and then traded Moss for Ricky. Now that I read it right, it's even dumber than when I read it wrong.
                              Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                              Vanek is Austrian not European
                              Originally posted by Prov401
                              Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                              Originally posted by better days
                              I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X