X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Sam Adams/Pat Williams comparison...

I was just curious how different they were and they were actually pretty similar. This is a HUGE reason why TD should NOT overpay for Pat Williams. He got Sam Adams for 4 years, $10.248 million with a $1.5 million signing bonus. Adams was 30 years old then. Pat Williams is going to be 33 years old this year. This is why I agree with Donahoe. He should not even budge from his contract offer. Big Pat is good, but should not get more than Big Sam. Check out their stats....

Pat Williams - 53 total tackles, 37 solo tackles, 16 assists, 2.5 sacks, 1 interception, 1 TD, 0 pass defensed (12 total tackles, 8 solo, 4 assists, and 1 sack were in the last game)

Sam Adams - 41 total tackles, 26 solo tackles, 15 assists, 5 sacks, 1 INT, 2 pass defensed, 1 fumble forced
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

I agree.

I want Williams back but not for anymore then 3 million a year. He's too old to pay the big bucks for.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I said in another thread that Pat is asking for too much $$ when he's not even the best DT on the team.

Also, I don't think stats can reflect what Sam does- there were countless times when he was in the backfield disrupting a play that lead to a sack or negative rushing play, but that doesn't show in the numbers.

I really want Pat back but he's completely overvaluing himself.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jersey1031
        • Feb 2003

i dont think we should overpay for him, but i think our def has a great chemistry going and i dont want to risk losing somethingthat has gottin us to this point now
        "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
          Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
          • Mar 2003

I wouldn't go any higher than 4 mill a year.
          "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• G. Host
            Banned
            • Jul 2002

His agent Wright is not a good agent for the players he represent; he had convinced Ted Washington he was going to get a much better deal elsewhere and soured the Bills so much with his tactics the Bills were not willing to resign Ted when he realized he was not going to get the deal promised by agent and tried to renew Bills' interest.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Not only is Sam better than Pat, but he is also younger, and Sam's ability to disrupt things and tie up at least 2 defenders at a time accounts for a good portion of Pat's stats.

I like Pat, but with Edwards and Anderson waiting in the wings, I wouldn't overpay him.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
                His agent Wright is not a good agent for the players he represent; he had convinced Ted Washington he was going to get a much better deal elsewhere and soured the Bills so much with his tactics the Bills were not willing to resign Ted when he realized he was not going to get the deal promised by agent and tried to renew Bills' interest.
                I forgot about his agent. He's an ass.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  Not only is Sam better than Pat, but he is also younger, and Sam's ability to disrupt things and tie up at least 2 defenders at a time accounts for a good portion of Pat's stats.

I like Pat, but with Edwards and Anderson waiting in the wings, I wouldn't overpay him.
                  Good post! I totally agree. Just add some more beef to Ron Edwards and he'll be just as good as Big Pat.

Comment

Working...
                  X