X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nuklz2594
    • Nov 2004

maurice clarett as a fullback?

it is pretty obvious that maurice is not fast. if he lasts past the fifth round let's say, do you take a chance on him? he is young and is over 230lbs. he can bulk up to 240 at least. does he have the chutpah to block and be another sam gash?
  • nuklz2594
    • Nov 2004

meant to type chutzpah

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

How's his blocking skills, and how will they be against a level of competition he has never witnessed ?

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

clarrett is a good blocker and in his interview he said that he prided himself on his blocking and technique.. not a bad idea.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
          clarrett is a good blocker and in his interview he said that he prided himself on his blocking and technique.. not a bad idea.

Possible Adrian Petersen type back. AP went to Ga. South was their FB and got all the carries is an almost identical back to Clarett size and speed wise. Vernon Haynes type in the NFL.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• AndreReed83
            Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
            • Mar 2004

What about the guy we got now? Shelton. I remember numerous people, fans, and writers saying he was having a Pro Bowl season. No need to get Clarett to play FB.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
            "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• McBFLO
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by AndreReed83
              What about the guy we got now? Shelton. I remember numerous people, fans, and writers saying he was having a Pro Bowl season. No need to get Clarett to play FB.
              I dont think you should look at it that way. Look at it from this point of view...Clarrett or Joe Burns? I'll take Clarrett any day of the week over Joe Burns.
              Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                • Oct 2002

I believe if Buffalo drafted Clarrett to be a FB, he will not sign.. In his mind he is a HB and he probably wouldnt want a backup roll, especially at FB.. Somebody will draft him and hopefully it wont be Buffalo..

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

I'd stay away from him completely. Don't think he'd be happy being used strictly as a fullback, getting one-two carries per year.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by YardRat
                    I'd stay away from him completely. Don't think he'd be happy being used strictly as a fullback, getting one-two carries per year.
                    I agree. I think he has that "I'm a star running back" mentality and wouldn't be happy with a blue collar FB role. Besides, we have a good FB in Shelton, and a young, developing guy in Luke Lawton.

I'm not convinced that Clarett still wouldn't be a good backup RB, however, if he drops to the late rounds. Sometimes track speed is different from football speed, and sometimes workout warriors are not productive football players.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• helmetguy
                      Touch the helmet for luck
                      • Sep 2002

I'm just not sold on Clarett, period. The guy missed how many games in his ONLY year of college ball? With all his baggage, why invite the distractions that invariably accompny a guy like him? I'm sure there's at least a few backs out there who may not be quite as good, but can contribute as much as he would, and be had without the attendant baggage. I don't buy the sudden ephiphany he's claiming, either. Didn't Lawrence Phillips have a couple of those?
                      Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                      And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat

In no way was anybody suggestioning he would be your typical fullback, he would be more of an Alstott type back who gets 5-15 carries a game as a bruiser to try and wear down defenses plus gets in nearly every play. This way we could still run a ton and not put every carry on Willis.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• McBFLO
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          In no way was anybody suggestioning he would be your typical fullback, he would be more of an Alstott type back who gets 5-15 carries a game as a bruiser to try and wear down defenses plus gets in nearly every play. This way we could still run a ton and not put every carry on Willis.
                          I like this point a lot.
                          Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

I think given his combine performance he will feel lucky just to be drfated/signed.
                            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• dannyek71
                              Drink Responsibly
                              • Dec 2004

clarett = lawerence phillips
                              [

Comment

Working...
                              X