X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Little Optimism for Shelton Deal

Rumors of an even-up swap of Cardinals OT L.J. Shelton for Bills RB Travis Henry continued to swirl, but Cardinals head coach Dennis Green has always seemed to favor speed backs such as Robert Smith and Michael Bennett, and our sources believe Henry just isn't particularly well-suited for the style of offense Green has in mind.
    You need a subrscibtion to ESPN insider to view the link.

The Colts won't spend big money on their secondary because they believe the shutdown corner is extinct.

Later on they have another blurb about Arizona.

Because of the strong crop of runners expected to be available in this year's draft, don't be surprised if the Cardinals use the eighth pick in the first round on the best available athlete and pounce on a slightly under-the-radar RB they like in Round Two.
    Sorry to be the bringger of bad news but it seems to be that we shouldn't hold our breaths for this deal to get done.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

You don't need a subscription, you can read it here.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Shouldnt the title be pessismism not optimism?
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
        WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
        • Mar 2003

Then Arizona keep Shelton in their Doghouse and goes another year (since 1986) without a 1400 yd RB. What do you expect from one of the most inept teams in the NFL.
        Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• jamze132
          • Jun 2003

Well just have to wait and see. Maybe it's not just Dennis Green, maybe Donahoe has something better in mind. But whatever decision he makes, I'm sure it will be ok.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
            Well just have to wait and see. Maybe it's not just Dennis Green, maybe Donahoe has something better in mind. But whatever decision he makes, I'm sure it will be ok.
            Ch. 4 here in Buffalo reported this deal was dead last Thursday night. According to the report the most promising place for Henry - Oakland.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
              Expert on Experts
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              Shouldnt the title be pessismism not optimism?

he meant it like: THere is little optimism for the shelton deal to go through...

:)

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
                he meant it like: THere is little optimism for the shelton deal to go through...

Ahhhh...So anybody got an idea what caused the deal to die? Was it the fact that one team may have pushed for a draft pick or not.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

I hope TD still tries to get Shelton. Maybe he'll offer a draft pick?

Comment

• Romes
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan

yeah...that is what i meant.
                    Originally posted by paladin warrior
                    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      Ahhhh...So anybody got an idea what caused the deal to die? Was it the fact that one team may have pushed for a draft pick or not.
                      I think the question is, how much substance was there to the rumors in the first place? The point at the top about Henry not being a Green-type back is true, so I have to wonder whether Dennis wanted him to begin with.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• lordofgun
                        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

It doesn't matter. The Raiders are going to trade Woodson to us for Henry.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                          Will you pay his $10.5 million this year?
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                            Maybe?
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun
                            That would be such a waste. I'd take Grove and a pick over Woodson any day. The only way I'd want that trade is if was a 3 way and we sent Woodson somewhere else for a stud OL or DE.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                              Will you pay his $10.5 million this year?
                              Woodsen will volunteer to lop $8 million off his compensation in 2005
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X