PDA

View Full Version : Question on Dolphins WRs

Mr. Miyagi
02-28-2005, 11:23 AM
Are the Dolphins going to have both Marty Booker and David Boston back next season? Or is any of them a free agent? :idunno:

Ickybaluky
02-28-2005, 11:27 AM
No, Booker and Chambers are signed long-term. Boston is under contract for about $3.1M. He has been told he can stay if he takes a paycut to the minimum, otherwise he will be cut.

Mr. Miyagi
02-28-2005, 11:33 AM
Thanks.

What about RBs? Do they still have Lamar Gordon? If so I wonder why they bother looking for another RB...

Ickybaluky
02-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Yes, they have Gordon, but he is coming off an injury and is hardly proven.

Travis Minor is an unrestricted FA, so they need a new 3rd down back. I don't think they are going to try and re-sign him.

They like Sammy Morris, who played well last year for them. They want to use him at RB as a goal-line back like the Vikings do with Moe Williams. He could play on 3rd downs as well since he is a pretty good receiver.

What the Dolphins really want is a workhorse back, a guy that can come in and carry 250+ times a season and be productive. They don't have that feature guy.

Mr. Miyagi
02-28-2005, 11:49 AM
But didn't they think Lamar Gordon was just that? They gave up a 3rd for him. Bunch of idiots.

jamze132
02-28-2005, 12:00 PM
I just hope they suck ass.

Charlieguide
02-28-2005, 01:40 PM
Yeah, I'd have thought Gordon was their man. Perhaps his injury has them worried.

Philagape
02-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Lamar Gordon - RB, Miami
There is growing confidence in Gordon, who carried only 35 times last season before being knocked out with a separated shoulder. So the team isn't likely to spend the No. 2 overall pick on a running back. The team still will pursue running back at some point in the draft to at least provide a quality challenge for Gordon. (Jason Cole for TSN)
Fantasy Source spin: We're not sure why there is such confidence in Gordon, given his injury-filled past and the fact that he is unproven as a starter.

-- from Sporting News Fantasy Source

NJFINSFAN1
02-28-2005, 02:44 PM
Yeah, I'd have thought Gordon was their man. Perhaps his injury has them worried.
Gordon is more of a slasher, he will be the change of pace back and take the 3rd down back roll of Travis Minor.

Saban will make a run at Lamont Jordan, but if he wants to much they will take either Benson or Brown with the first pick, although if Smith or Rodgers put on a show, they may draft a QB and pick a RB in the second (Surtain trade if happens) or someone like JJ Arington in the 3rd round.