Gruden disses Bills' decision to go with Losman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Gruden disses Bills' decision to go with Losman?

Maybe I'm reading into this, but it sure sounds like a cheap shot:

Down this page here it says:

With the pusuit of Garcia, the Bucs are signaling that they aren't ready to hand over the reigns to third-year quarterback Chris Simms.

"We don't give guys starting jobs here just because Buffalo is giving their guy [J.P. Losman] their job," Gruden told the two Tampa-area papers. "Chris Simms has to earn that right. He has to earn the right to be a starter. He hasn't done that yet.
  • McClane
    • Jan 2003

I just posted this in the Garcia thread..

Comment

• Akhippo
      • Nov 2002

The way it sounds, hes stockpiling QBs in TB. That would push Simms to #3. Hes just jealous Simms isnt as good as JP. If your not secure with your young guy being at least a #2, then thats their problem.
      Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• Billz_fan
        • Jan 2003

Either way it doesn't matter. There was no way Drew was going to accept fighting for the job with his "this is my team" attitude.

Gruden has more things to worry about than what the Bills are doing. living here in Tampa Bay the only thing I see he did was take Dungys team and win the SB and then dismantle the whole mess including GM Rich Mckay. If he doesn't produce in the next 2 seasons he will be gone.
        The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• MustWin
          • Aug 2004

Grudens an a$$ anyway and an overrated HC

Comment

• tampabay25690
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by NE39
            Maybe I'm reading into this, but it sure sounds like a cheap shot:

Down this page here it says:

With the pusuit of Garcia, the Bucs are signaling that they aren't ready to hand over the reigns to third-year quarterback Chris Simms.

"We don't give guys starting jobs here just because Buffalo is giving their guy [J.P. Losman] their job," Gruden told the two Tampa-area papers. "Chris Simms has to earn that right. He has to earn the right to be a starter. He hasn't done that yet.
            I just read this in the Tampa Tribue 1 second ago. I was just about to post it on the site. Thats why Buff will come down here and manhandle GRUDEN and this struggiling organization.....
            GO Gators!!!!!!
            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I don't know. When the youngest coach ever in league history to have won a SuperBowl gives a coaching opinion, it's difficult to disregard...

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

He has a whole other situation there because Simms was a 2nd rounder, and he isn't making a tremendous amount of money.

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

I think Gruden had a lot to take on with the Tampa job. He was running dungy's team and it takes time to build a team of your own. His whole cap has been tied down to the deffense and just now they are getting out of that.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• lordofgun
                    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

I'll take JP over Garcia any day of the week.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

Maybe Gruden should have mentioned the Giants and Eli Manning rather than us. After all, he doesn't know whether JP will produce and be like Ben in Pittsburgh, or if he will go through substantial growing pains. It is uncertain and for him to say that makes him sound stupid. He does not apparently know that sticking with DB would have been a far worse decision - and if he doesn't understand the characteristics of why that decision was made, he shouldn't be commenting on it!!!

Comment

• BAM
                        • Sep 2003

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Gruden is a notorious ass and hates playing younger players, I would not be surprised to see Simms leave TB and be a huge success elsewhere.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

gruden obviously just has no faith in his qbs..
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by BAM
                              Yeah we already know you're fruity.

Comment

Working...
                              X