• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Open letter to the Amigos

Dear Amigos,

Since I was missing of the last few weeks I'll address this upfront (without reading through the 20,000 posts). Congrats on the naming of JP Losman as the Bills new starting QB. Since, DB is not even going to be on the roster my point of starting DB for six games in 2005 is now moot.

You are correct. GM Tom Donahoe decided that you are correct and that JP is better for the team than DB. TD agreed with you. Congrats!

Just remember. If JP sucks it was you who wanted him over DB. TD agreed and went with you. Thus, you leave no room for complaint.

If JP is great; you get the praise. If JP sucks - you wanted him. And, since TD agreed with you then you can't rip TD without ripping yourselves.

As a Bills fan I hope that the kid does well. As a realist, I feel this is a step backwards and the real chance that the Bills had of making the playoffs next year has been removed. I hope I am wrong.

Eb

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • BAM
    • Sep 2003

I'm not sold on the move either but I have faith.

Comment

• dannyek71
      Drink Responsibly
      • Dec 2004

I am, DB proved over his career that he could not win the big game
      [

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

you are now blacklisted from the JPD for calling out former amigos.

the amigos was a fine institution that kept fighting for the release of drew bledsoe until the bitter end.. now drew "i am not a back up in this league, especially to jp" bledsoe can have his great 6 games in Dallas, then kill them.

JP will be perfect. he can do no wrong.. if we lose.. the JPD is committed to finding another portion on the team to blame it on, as we have witness for 3 years.

we are strong an united. your bitter and weak attempts to push us into a corner will not be tolerated.

Signed -
        President of the JPD
        Tatonka.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

C'mon, Eb. They'll turn on TD like a pack of wild jackals for not having Brett Favre here backing JP up..

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
            you are now blacklisted from the JPD for calling out former amigos.

the amigos was a fine institution that kept fighting for the release of drew bledsoe until the bitter end.. now drew "i am not a back up in this league, especially to jp" bledsoe can have his great 6 games in Dallas, then kill them.

JP will be perfect. he can do no wrong.. if we lose.. the JPD is committed to finding another portion on the team to blame it on, as we have witness for 3 years.

we are strong an united. your bitter and weak attempts to push us into a corner will not be tolerated.

Signed -
            President of the JPD
            Tatonka.

DB got $14mil to suck for Dallas...still would have given the Bills a better chance of making the playoffs. Better hope JP puts up numbers as well as DB did last year...with what appears to be a weaker OL.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
              C'mon, Eb. They'll turn on TD like a pack of wild jackals for not having Brett Favre here backing JP up..
              ...and the failure of not getting Pace and Jones here as bookend tackles don't forget!

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

either way.. that is not jps fault if TD doesnt make sure the line is improved or there is a good back up qb.. he better do one or the other.. or both.. if the line sucks.. then we will need a good qb when jp gets killed.. tds fault.. if he improves the oline, the it is less likely that we will need a stud at backup qb...

EB.. you just couldnt wait to get back and cry for bledsoe one more time could you..
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

With the way the Bills are set up (great ST, defense and running game) the QB of the Bills will be in a role of 'don't screw it up' and not 'carry this team on your back to victory.' As a result, I feel the Bills could make the playoffs with JP as QB. The unknown is if JP could lose games for the Bills by making the plethora of mistakes the same way Bledsoe was known to make.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                    Dear Amigos,

Just remember. If JP sucks it was you who wanted him over DB. TD agreed and went with you. Thus, you leave no room for complaint.

If JP is great; you get the praise. If JP sucks - you wanted him. And, since TD agreed with you then you can't rip TD without ripping yourselves.

As a Bills fan I hope that the kid does well. As a realist, I feel this is a step backwards and the real chance that the Bills had of making the playoffs next year has been removed. I hope I am wrong.

Eb
                    These last three statements are well said and I completely agree with them. With JP we do have a worse chance of securing a playoff spot next season but I do feel long term it is the better option for this team.

VP of JPD
                    Draftboy
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                      either way.. that is not jps fault if TD doesnt make sure the line is improved or there is a good back up qb.. he better do one or the other.. or both.. if the line sucks.. then we will need a good qb when jp gets killed.. tds fault.. if he improves the oline, the it is less likely that we will need a stud at backup qb...

EB.. you just couldnt wait to get back and cry for bledsoe one more time could you..
                      I'm not crying for Bledsoe...there were three options on the roster and I felt that DB gave them the best chance of making the playoffs in 2005. Others may be happy with handing the reigns over to JP and possibly waiting another 2 or more years to make the playoffs. I'm more demanding and want the Bills to make the playoffs in 2005. The Amgios and FO obviously thought that JP can do better than 9-7. For them to be proven correct, he has to go 10-6 (barring serious injuries to key personnel and all that jazz). We'll see.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

I'm not crying for Bledsoe...there were three options on the roster and I felt that DB gave them the best chance of making the playoffs in 2005. Others may be happy with handing the reigns over to JP and possibly waiting another 2 or more years to make the playoffs. I'm more demanding and want the Bills to make the playoffs in 2005. The Amgios and FO obviously thought that JP can do better than 9-7. For them to be proven correct, he has to go 10-6 (barring serious injuries to key personnel and all that jazz). We'll see.

My question is do you exchange short term success for prolonged long term failure? Yea we may have made the playoffs in 05 but also by your logic we would then be 2 years away from the playoffs and not make it to 07 and by then alot of our key personell will be on the downside of their career is they are still here due to contracts expiring and such.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

what was so special about drews performance that any ****ty qb couldnt do?

was it how he played in big games? was it how he didnt listen to what the coaches told him to do regularly.. was it the turnovers and sacks he took or the lack of mobility?

with all of drews ****ing experience.. you know what it got us? a big stinking egg bomb performance in a game against back ups.. it got us tv coverage of that same stupid ass face that bledsoe made when he stood on the sidelines after sucking ass the whole damn game.. it got us a big pile of nothing resembling playoffs..

bledsoe did not get us to 9-7.. the team got us to 9-7... bledsoes individual performance was nothing more than bottom of the rung, average play.. as his season qb rating shows.. 76.0 rating.. which is not a surprise, considering that is his whole career average as well.. vinny testaverde could do exactly what drew did.. along with a whole slew of other qbs.. including JP.

do you think the team wants to take a step backwards next year? hell no.. they made the best decision for the team... just like MM and TD said.. bledsoe took us as far as we could go .. and that was close to the playoffs.. but just not close enough to anything else.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            My question is do you exchange short term success for prolonged long term failure? Yea we may have made the playoffs in 05 but also by your logic we would then be 2 years away from the playoffs and not make it to 07 and by then alot of our key personell will be on the downside of their career is they are still here due to contracts expiring and such.
                            I can't disagree with that...however, as I said midseason, MM has a responsibility to the other 52 guys on the roster to teach them to win; it is not just about JP and DB. I don't think the other 52 are there yet. I can't be convinced because of the schedule down the stretch. IMO, it was more important to bring DB back, play a tougher schedule and get the team some playoff run. That helps the other 52 and helps the transition to JP. Yes, I would rather have gone 10-6 and made the playoffs under DB and then turn it over to JP in 2006. Even if the team had not made the playoffs in 2006. The message now being sent is that JP can add that little thing to push this team into the playoffs. That is a huge toll to pay for a kid with 5 NFL passes to his name (and don't even bring up Roethelisberger - the kid sucked down the stretch).

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

and don't even bring up Roethelisberger - the kid sucked down the stretch.
                              yeah.. he was very bledsoe-esque..

he sucked right up to the championship game.. which is something this team would never have gotten to with bledsoe.

Comment

Working...
                              X