• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • User Manuel
    The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
    • Nov 2003

Chris Hovan

In my humble opinion Hovan would be an ideal guy here if/when Pat walks. He had a tough year last year, but i chalk that up to the constant state of flux that is the Vikings defense. Two years ago I thought he was sensational. I think he could really fill a big role here(FOR A TON LESS$$$$$) in Pat's absence.

I still want Wilkerson in round 2 and I love the Shelton deal if it goes down.
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

I didn't even realize he was a free agent
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The Natrix
      • Jul 2002

If the price is right, I'd like it. I'm not comfortable with Edwards or Anderson, especially due to the fact that if Adams was to go down (knock on wood) they would both be in there. Remember when it was only Pat in there during the 2002 season? Swiss cheese defense for most of the season.

Shelton and Hovan would be nice.

Byrd.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

only thing that concerns me is his price...would he demand as much as Williams is demanding..which TD won't pay?
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The Natrix
          if Adams was to go down (knock on wood)
          don't even say it. Adams was solid last year- I can't imagine losing him to injury. We'd be ****ed.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

posted a thread over at ZBud's Vikings forum on Hovan

"In Buffalo, if we lose Pat Williams, we'll likely be in the market for a new DT to pair with Sam Adams. We know he had a bad year last year but he's got a good history as far as I know. I'm sure you guys wanna keep him but what's his deal?"

and here's my first response
            Originally posted by lcjmj
            Well, if we want to keep him, I'd say that would be a mistake.
            He's way overrated. Has a lot of energy, but that's about it.

Your team is going places. I'd set your sites higher.

Comment

• blillyl
              • Feb 2005

Hovan will be going to AZ to reunite w/ Green

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Hovan is a trailer trash, according to his local rep around here. No thanks.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Id take Chris Hovan for as much as Pat is asking for, the guy is a warrior. He's had some injury concerns, so id like a 2-3 yr deal.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    Id take Chris Hovan for as much as Pat is asking for, the guy is a warrior. He's had some injury concerns, so id like a 2-3 yr deal.
                    If I had to choose paying Chris Hovan the $5 million Williams wanted, or just giving Williams the money- I'd keep Pat.Why let the guy walk and give his replacement the same money if Hovan is of equaL OR LESS talent?

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                      If I had to choose paying Chris Hovan the $5 million Williams wanted, or just giving Williams the money- I'd keep Pat.Why let the guy walk and give his replacement the same money if Hovan is of equaL OR LESS talent?
                      ditto.....for the same money Pat would be better to keep...based on chemistry and knowing the system. Besides, what bad things can you say about the guy? The Vikes fans aren't that enamored with Hovan from what I've heard so far

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Vikings fans arent enamored with anybody right now....Also Hovan is a younger and better player than Pat. Id happily give him the money.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                          • Jul 2002

I'd take Hovan in a sec
                          You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

More from ZBud's
                            Originally posted by Chev454LS
                            He's been invisible the last 2 years at least. He showed some great flashes, but has done squat since. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery. He should've done better here the last two years being next to Kevin Williams, but the opposite has happened. Don't expect too much from him.

Comment

• Jersey1031
                              • Feb 2003

if pat walks, id take hovan for the right price...
                              "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

Working...
                              X