PDA

View Full Version : This will pump you up

Romes
03-01-2005, 09:01 AM
This is in todays Buffalo News it is just quotes from several other coaches praising Losman.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050301/1001651.asp?tbd1001651.asp

Check out all the positive things other HC's had to say:

Based on what I saw of him at the Senior Bowl last year, you could see that he has all the tools. He's an athletic guy, he can make all the throws and he'll do what he has to do to win in the NFL. The sky's the limit for the kid, I really believe that.
-- Marvin Lewis

Talent-wise, he was as good as any of the top quarterbacks coming out. I think he has excellent leadership capabilities as well. He just needs to play, and I think he's going to have a great career.
-- Mike Sherman

It's hard to compare a young guy, a first-year starter, to a Hall of Fame quarterback. But Losman has some of the attributes that you look for as far as the competitive side, the toughness and the ability to make plays when things break down. There are definitely some similarities there.
-- Mike Sherman

I really liked him. The thing I like about him is his competitiveness, his accuracy, his athleticism and his passion for the game. Just from the interviews we had with him (before the draft), it came across very clear how important football was to him. We gave him real high marks, and I thought Buffalo did a hell of a job in drafting him.
-Mike Martz

Now, it doesn't mean much not until he proves it on the field but it makes me feel a little better about JP as our QB next year. At least for the moment it makes me feel better.

Jan Reimers
03-01-2005, 09:10 AM
Yeah, just read it in the online Buffalo News. Nice to hear. But are these guys just using "coachspeak," or are they being honest? I think it's probably the latter - JP is a very intriguing talent who was coveted by several teams.

Novacane
03-01-2005, 09:17 AM
Yeah, just read it in the online Buffalo News. Nice to hear. But are these guys just using "coachspeak," or are they being honest? I think it's probably the latter - JP is a very intriguing talent who was coveted by several teams.

I think they were being honest. GB and St. Louis were teams rumored to be wanting to take him if we did'nt.

DraftBoy
03-01-2005, 09:22 AM
I think Sherman and Martz were being very honest, Lewis I dont know about.

Earthquake Enyart
03-01-2005, 09:33 AM
I think they are all no good stinking liars.

Kerr
03-01-2005, 10:46 AM
It was emphasized that Green Bay and St.Louis were the teams most interested in him during the draft. Their opinions are encouraging.

TigerJ
03-01-2005, 01:54 PM
It's encouraging, but absolutely worthless. It's not going to change a thing. I'm hopeful Losman will do well, but complements by other coaches won't make it happen, any more than my hope will. It has to happen on the field, and we won't have a clue until preseason, and we won't know for sure until September.

THATHURMANATOR
03-01-2005, 01:55 PM
I am so fricken pumped now I can't believe it!!!

BillsFever21
03-01-2005, 09:42 PM
I guess Ebenezer is smarter then all of them coaches too?