PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry not suited for Arizona's style of offense?

Kerr
03-01-2005, 11:25 AM
ProFootballWeekly:
Rumors of an even-up swap of Cardinals OT L.J. Shelton for Bills RB Travis Henry continued to swirl, but Cardinals head coach Dennis Green has always seemed to favor speed backs such as Robert Smith and Michael Bennett, and our sources believe Henry just isn’t particularly well-suited for the style of offense Green has in mind

It sounds as if this deal is as good as dead with everything that's been reported. It appears Travis isn't the type of back Green prefers. Green has always had fast starting running backs at Minnesota. Travis is nowhere near that fast. Hopefully we'll get something out of Oakland.

Jersey1031
03-01-2005, 11:42 AM
arizona sounds like theyre being a little too picky...henrys alot better than what they got now

Michael82
03-01-2005, 11:44 AM
arizona sounds like theyre being a little too picky...henrys alot better than what they got now
That's why I think a deal will get done. And Henry is also better than any 3rd round draft pick too, IMO.

footballhottie
03-01-2005, 11:47 AM
:cry: o no...that really sux were losing him. i got so caught up with whats happing with JP that i forgot that there were other players. guess he just didnt want to be number 2.***come home***

G. Host
03-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Yes Henry might be better than a 3rd round pick but he costs more and Arizona gets him for only one year. I'd rather have the draft pick especially if I have another team to trade tackle to.

Good teams are built via the draft.

Jersey1031
03-01-2005, 11:53 AM
:cry: o no...that really sux were losing him. i got so caught up with whats happing with JP that i forgot that there were other players. guess he just didnt want to be number 2.***come home***

we'll live without henry, no worries. willis is here

bigbub2352
03-01-2005, 01:06 PM
trade travis to oakland for teyo johnson and a draft pick that would work out well they are trying to get rid of som salary

Jersey1031
03-01-2005, 01:29 PM
either or would work for me

Akhippo
03-01-2005, 02:45 PM
AZ actually has a style of offense?

ddaryl
03-01-2005, 02:56 PM
The bottom line is nobody is rushing to get anything done. Arizona is holding out to get as much for Shelton as they can, the Bills are holding out becuse we expect more then whats been placed on the table.

The TH trade could carry on all the way to Draft. Patience is the key.

Voltron
03-01-2005, 03:02 PM
The Draft is so deep at RB this year that any team would be stupid to give us a 3rd rd pick for one year of service. I don't care if it is LT you still don't give up a pick like that for one year. Any one who takes him will only take him if they have a deal all set up for a multi year extension.

Bill Brasky
03-01-2005, 03:03 PM
ProFootballWeekly:
Rumors of an even-up swap of Cardinals OT L.J. Shelton for Bills RB Travis Henry continued to swirl, but Cardinals head coach Dennis Green has always seemed to favor speed backs such as Robert Smith and Michael Bennett, and our sources believe Henry just isn’t particularly well-suited for the style of offense Green has in mind

It sounds as if this deal is as good as dead with everything that's been reported. It appears Travis isn't the type of back Green prefers. Green has always had fast starting running backs at Minnesota. Travis is nowhere near that fast. Hopefully we'll get something out of Oakland.

Is anybody suited for that piece of junk offense?? :idunno:

jamze132
03-01-2005, 03:05 PM
I'm not going to be upset if Travis plays for us this year. Like I have said before, he's gonna run his little ass off if he stays here so he can get paid next year.

Voltron
03-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Is anybody suited for that piece of junk offense?? :idunno:
You wait. Denny Green will make something out of that team. The owners have started to spend money. They have a solid WR core and a decent O Line. They will end up drafting a Stud RB and If they can find a QB worth putting on the field they will become dangerous. They just have to many holes to fill still. They will be better this year and come out 8-8

Voltron
03-01-2005, 03:10 PM
look for them to be one of the teams that will be intrested in trading for Rivers if he is put on the trading block.

Kerr
03-01-2005, 07:06 PM
look for them to be one of the teams that will be intrested in trading for Rivers if he is put on the trading block.
Yeah, If I were 'zona i'd try to trade for Rivers too. I wanted the Bills to draft him, but I'm still glad we ended up with Los.