PDA

View Full Version : Najeh Davenport

Philagape
03-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Packers' officials informed the agent of Najeh Davenport that the team will be offering the three-year veteran the lowest of three possible contract tenders. The Packers have the right to match any offer made by other teams to Davenport, and they would receive a fourth-round pick in return if they choose not to match an offer. "I think Najeh Davenport is a starter in this league," agent Michael Harrison told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. "We'll definitely see what's out there. We won't know (the interest) until March 2." If Davenport does not receive a contract offer, he will play for $656,000 next season.

From Fanball (http://www.fanball.com/fb/index.cfm)

Mr. Miyagi
03-01-2005, 12:19 PM
He's a decent power back, good for a change of pace for Willis. But I don't see him as a starter.

ICE74129
03-01-2005, 12:32 PM
I say sacrifice next years 4th. I do not believe it has to be this years 4th

Jan Reimers
03-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Is that our fourth, or a compensatory fourth awarded by the league?

The King
03-01-2005, 12:38 PM
I can see him in AZ, help get a young back into the rotation like the Rams did with Jackson.

Mr. Miyagi
03-01-2005, 12:42 PM
He IS a young back. I think he's only a 2-3 year vet.

Philagape
03-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Is that our fourth, or a compensatory fourth awarded by the league?

Didn't say, but it could be. Didn't think of that.

Philagape
03-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Here's the original source article ... can't tell from that either\

Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel (http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/feb05/305757.asp)

BuffaloRanger
03-01-2005, 01:02 PM
I heard Najah was whining..."You crap in one girls closet and you are forever known as Najah 'Closet-****ter' Davenport."

Jan Reimers
03-01-2005, 01:36 PM
I heard Najah was whining..."You crap in one girls closet and you are forever known as Najah 'Closet-****ter' Davenport."
That was a pathetic - but crudely funny - incident. As I remember, he crapped in her laundry basket.

But I think he's better now. :crazy:

jamze132
03-01-2005, 03:18 PM
He crapped in a backet? ha :loser:

BuffaloRanger
03-01-2005, 03:33 PM
We were both right, he crapped in a girls laundry basket while hiding in her closet. Of course this happened in Miami.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miami/sports/3625604.htm?1c

Tatonka
03-01-2005, 03:44 PM
davenport would be an incredible back up. he IS a quality rb and CAN be a starter.. if i was miami, i would be all over him...

at this point in their careers.. i would take him over edge.

Jan Reimers
03-01-2005, 05:47 PM
We were both right, he crapped in a girls laundry basket while hiding in her closet. Of course this happened in Miami.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miami/sports/3625604.htm?1c

Sorry, that's what I meant. Wasn't trying to correct you. :peace:

Philagape
03-01-2005, 06:02 PM
davenport would be an incredible back up. he IS a quality rb and CAN be a starter.. if i was miami, i would be all over him...

at this point in their careers.. i would take him over edge.

Assuming we trade Henry, I want US to be all over him. He can't demand starter pay, and with all the RBs in free agency and the draft available, other teams have plenty to choose from.

ShadowHawk7
03-01-2005, 06:41 PM
I'd definitley take him for a 4th this year. He'd be an amazing backup to Willis, like he was to Green.

Check this out:
Green (all around) -Davenport (power) -Fisher (scat back)

This has led to one of the most feared rushing attack in the last 2 years. Yearly in the top 10. Now look at this:

McGahee (all around) -Davenport (power) -Williams (scat back)

Each of the respective back's style is similar to another. Davenport could be a steal. Lets get him.

Dozerdog
03-01-2005, 06:47 PM
I think Davenport has proven himself a decent "scat" back with the closet incident

Philagape
03-01-2005, 06:55 PM
I'd definitley take him for a 4th this year. He'd be an amazing backup to Willis, like he was to Green.

Check this out:
Green (all around) -Davenport (power) -Fisher (scat back)

This has led to one of the most feared rushing attack in the last 2 years. Yearly in the top 10. Now look at this:

McGahee (all around) -Davenport (power) -Williams (scat back)

Each of the respective back's style is similar to another. Davenport could be a steal. Lets get him.

True, but Green Bay's line was a LOT better than ours. I still want him, though

McBFLO
03-01-2005, 10:08 PM
I think Davenport has proven himself a decent "scat" back with the closet incident

Nice! I'd be for signing him. And, I'm pretty sure it's our 4th rounder, not a compensatory pick by the league.

Ickybaluky
03-01-2005, 10:24 PM
The rules for draft compensation on RFA tendered at the lowest level, if the old team decides against matching the offer:

1) The team signing the player will give up a pick in the current year's draft equal to the round the player was drafted in. It is definitely this year's draft, the RFA signing period ends the week prior to the draft.

2) The pick has to be equal or greater than the position the team signing the player has in the draft. Thus, you can not trade down below your draft slot to give a pick worth less. If you don't have a pick in that round (or if you've traded down to below your original draft slot), it goes to the round above it.

3) It can't be a comp pick. Comp picks can't be traded, either.