PDA

View Full Version : Pats can't stop Henry

BambinoSux
12-04-2002, 12:27 PM
I guarantee it. They got killed by Holmes, Tomlinson, Portis, and Ahman Green and Henry is the same type of runner. He averaged a shade under 5 yds a carry in the first game. We need to give Henry the ball 25-30 times and I guarantee we won't be seeing the "Big Nickel." Imagine Ted Johnson or Mike Vrabel in a one-on-one match-up against Mike Williams or Ruben in a run situation. Also the downfield game will open up if Henry has a big day. We gottta feed feed feed Travis and I think the results will be different from the game in Buffalo.

lordofgun
12-04-2002, 12:43 PM
Amen brutha! You're preaching to the choir here, let's just hope Gilbride reads this!

venis2k1
12-04-2002, 01:04 PM
:afro: WORD :afro:

TacklingDummy
12-04-2002, 01:28 PM
Lets hope the our defense can stop the Pats offense. If they don't Henry won't be a big factor because we will be playing catch up.

venis2k1
12-04-2002, 01:38 PM
i still dont see A. Smith as a threat, despite what he did to us last game.

WG
12-04-2002, 04:49 PM
After allowing Ricky to amass 228 on 8.4 YPC w/o any help at all from a passing game, I won't be amazed to see Antowain get whatever he ends up getting unless it's much over 200 yards.

Smith had 111 rushing yards and 142 total yards and 3 TDs in Buffalo last time. There's no reason why he can't do the same thing against our D this time at home. N.E.'s passing game doesn't match up well for us against our pass D. Pass D... :lol:

If we run Henry as we should, then it will be a game. If we try to make Drew the hero in a "Brady-Bledsoe" competition, we'll likely get beat again. The team that makes the fewest errors as a result of pressure D and the one that controls the clock will be the winner. Since we don't have much in the way of pressure on D, we're already at a disadvantage. N.E.'s offense is about as good as ours is ranking wise but their D is significantly better just about all around.

Make no mistake, even with last week's "success", we're still not a good D. I put success in quotes b/c no degree of success rushing the passer makes up for allowing 270 rushing yards. IMO. That's like a college game mismatch stat.

shelby
12-04-2002, 07:10 PM
i want to see Schoebel and Chidi sack Brady relentlessly.
:snicker:

Will Gilbride stay committed to the run? What do y'all think?

venis2k1
12-04-2002, 07:12 PM
I dont even think that we had a sack the whole game last time we faced them? am i wrong?

TacklingDummy
12-04-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by shelby

Will Gilbride stay committed to the run? What do y'all think?

Depends on what the score is. If the Bills are down by 10 going into the 3rd qtr. I doubt Henry will be getting many attempts.

WCoastFin
12-05-2002, 12:49 PM
"Pats can't stop Henry "

They did the first time, and theyll do it again....you see Henry is only effective as long as there is a passing threat to worry about...if they shut down the pass theyll shut down Henry...thats what happened the first time.

venis2k1
12-05-2002, 12:50 PM
Gilbride is the only one who can stop henry right now, and he has been doing a pretty good job of it. Despite TH's 1000 yard year.

TedMock
12-05-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
"Pats can't stop Henry "

They did the first time, and theyll do it again....you see Henry is only effective as long as there is a passing threat to worry about...if they shut down the pass theyll shut down Henry...thats what happened the first time.

Not really, The passing game was actually there last time. They couldn't score in the redzone. They got there 5 times in a row. For some reason they got away from Henry long before it was "must pass" time. He only had 11 carries. I still can't figure out what they were thinking. Maybe it was all the Bledsoe Bowl crap.

WG
12-05-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy

Depends on what the score is. If the Bills are down by 10 going into the 3rd qtr. I doubt Henry will be getting many attempts.

I guess I just don't understand this irrational fear of "being down by 10 in the 3rd". Big deal. 20 and we're talking deficit. But giving up an entire dimension to your offense w/ around 20 minutes or more remaining just doesn't make any sense to me.

I would say that the time to panic when down by 10 is w/ maybe 10 minutes left in the game. Then you may need to pass more, but even then not completely abandon the rushing game as we've done so many times this season.

RedEyE
12-05-2002, 08:35 PM
The Bills need to run the ball to ensure that NE stays off the field. Besides, Tedy Bruschi is currently listed as doubtful. Run straight down their throats!!

DIHARD2
12-05-2002, 11:34 PM
I think Belicheck knows that this is not going to be as easy as the first game unless he can throw something at are young line that they never saw before, like he did the first time. Bledsoe will own him, if T. H. can just run, for 4 to 4.5 yards a carry and if Gilbride trust Henry then it will open up the passing game.

They cannot make this a grudge game, like they did the first one, a, Bledsoe against Brady game. But play against New England as a team like they did last week. New England doesn't have enough to stop us. Again they cannot make this Bledsoe against New England it's got to be Buffalo against New England.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

German
12-06-2002, 12:23 AM
I heard today on Empire that Bruschi probably won't play sunday.
He has some kind of knee injury and is listed as doubtfull.

That injury could be important. If he doesn't play it would make running up the middle a lot easier for Henry.

Scott
12-06-2002, 06:10 AM
I think our success depends on a few factors:
1. Bench Robinson
2. Bench Watson
3. Tackle someone
4. Dline needs to learn that if no one is blocking them, IT IS A SCREEN PASS!
5. Pound the rock with TH

TedMock
12-06-2002, 08:40 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wys Guy
[B]

I guess I just don't understand this irrational fear of "being down by 10 in the 3rd". Big deal. 20 and we're talking deficit. But giving up an entire dimension to your offense w/ around 20 minutes or more remaining just doesn't make any sense to me.

I totally agree. The 11 carries the last NE game still irritates me.

HotRod
12-06-2002, 08:02 PM
I hope that the coaching doesn't get caught up in the "shootout" hype.

justasportsfan
12-08-2002, 08:08 AM
Is Jim Kelly going to be at the game? If so, he should call the shots. He might be a better chess player than GW.

WCoastFin
12-08-2002, 07:54 PM
So much for this thread....

ATT YDS AVG LG TD
Travis Henry 15 60 4.0 14 0

Tatonka
12-08-2002, 08:00 PM
the pats didnt stop him.. the bills stopped henry.

WCoastFin
12-08-2002, 08:53 PM
lets not fight about it and say he was shut down by both teams...the point is he was stopped!!!

Cntrygal
12-08-2002, 11:34 PM
wcoast - How could the pats shut him down??? When KG doesn't want him to carry the ball! :madfire: