Troy Vincent
Chris Villarrial
Shane Matthews

?????????? What big named players will it be this year

:star: Thanks to the Buffalo Bills Media Guide and yearbooks & NFL films :clap:

Crisis
03-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Eddie Robinson. :puke:

I have nightmares of Chad Pennington serving him.

Mr. Cynical
03-01-2005, 07:20 PM
IMO, this is the breakdown:

London Fletcher - good catch
Dave Moore - gone
Marcus Price - roster filler (backup)
Trey Teague - should be replaced
Billy Jenkins - gone
Mike Hollis - gone
Eddie Robinson - gone
Chidi Ahanotu - gone

Jeff Posey - roster filler (capable but nothing special)
Takeo Spikes - great catch
Bobby Shaw - gone
Izell Reese - roster filler (should be released)
Sam Adams - good catch
Rian Lindell - should be gone (no explanation necessary)
Antonio Brown - gone
Sam Gash - gone
Ross Tucker - roster filler (backup)
Lawyer Milloy - good catch (but pricey for what we got)

Troy Vincent - good (but only because he is at S; never liked the idea of him at CB)
Chris Villarrial - decent (still think he is average at best)
Shane Matthews - roster filler (probably gone this year)

???

Given TD's history, we should at least get one good catch.

Cooter
03-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Eddie Robinson. :puke:

I have nightmares of Chad Pennington serving him.
that was awesome....i actually have a vid clip of that on my computer

Wheresthekgun
03-01-2005, 09:46 PM

London Fletcher
Dave Moore
Marcus Price
Trey Teague
Billy Jenkins
Mike Hollis
Eddie Robinson
Chidi Ahanotu

Jeff Posey
Takeo Spikes
Bobby Shaw
Izell Reese
Sam Adams
Rian Lindell
Antonio Brown
Sam Gash
Ross Tucker
Lawyer Milloy

Troy Vincent
Chris Villarrial
Shane Matthews

?????????? What big named players will it be this year

:star: Thanks to the Buffalo Bills Media Guide and yearbooks & NFL films :clap:
List gets smaller and smaller cause we are running out of cash lmfao

Iehoshua
03-01-2005, 10:39 PM
We're losing a borderline great/good catch in Pat Williams and a decent catch in Jennings... I'd hope we'd get a great and a good but looks doubtful...

Jan Reimers
03-02-2005, 06:58 AM
We're losing a borderline great/good catch in Pat Williams and a decent catch in Jennings... I'd hope we'd get a great and a good but looks doubtful...
If I remember correctly, Williams was an undrafted college Free Agent and Jennings a 3rd Round pick, both before TD. So neither was a TD "catch" in the meaning of this thread. But it would be nice to catch a couple of quality replacements.

The King
03-02-2005, 07:06 AM
Mr. C's breakdown brings kind of a sobering effect. Although Milloy was pricey he was a definite need, look how bad we sucked without him early last year. The safety position was jam packed with ******.

mybills
03-02-2005, 07:49 AM

I don't have a problem with Reese, and Lawyer was only good in 03.

The King
03-02-2005, 07:53 AM

:shakeno:

R. Rich
03-02-2005, 07:55 AM
IMO, this is the breakdown:

London Fletcher - good catch
Dave Moore - gone
Marcus Price - roster filler (backup)
Trey Teague - should be replaced
Billy Jenkins - gone
Mike Hollis - gone
Eddie Robinson - gone
Chidi Ahanotu - gone

Jeff Posey - roster filler (capable but nothing special)
Takeo Spikes - great catch
Bobby Shaw - gone
Sam Adams - good catch
Rian Lindell - should be gone (no explanation necessary)
Antonio Brown - gone
Sam Gash - gone
Ross Tucker - roster filler (backup)

Troy Vincent - good (but only because he is at S; never liked the idea of him at CB)
Chris Villarrial - decent (still think he is average at best)
Shane Matthews - roster filler (probably gone this year)

???

Given TD's history, we should at least get one good catch.

Spikes is a great catch and Adams is just a good catch? I thought both were good moves, all things considered.

clumping platelets
03-02-2005, 07:55 AM
TD drafted Jennings in 2001

Both players want more money than he's willing to pay. Jennings is not worth the going market rate of $12-14 million in guaranteed money. Nor is a 32 (nearly 33) year old DT worth more than the franchise tag of $5.1 million per season with a likely $10+ million signing bonus. TD paid Moulds market value in 2001; paid Spikes market value in 2003. He's willing to pay when the player's demands are legit

I wouldn't pay Jennings anything more than $8-10 million guaranteed

I wouldn't pay Williams anything more than $6 million guaranteed

If teams out there pay them more, they are overpaying

Bulldog
03-02-2005, 07:56 AM

Yeah, the secondary didn't struggle at all when Lawyer was out hurt. Buffalo's defense is so much better with Milloy in there. Its not even close.

EDS
03-02-2005, 07:58 AM
TD drafted Jennings in 2001

Both players want more money than he's willing to pay. Jennings is not worth the going market rate of $12-14 million in guaranteed money. Nor is a 32 (nearly 33) year old DT worth more than the franchise tag of $5.1 million per season with a likely $10+ million signing bonus. TD paid Moulds market value in 2001; paid Spikes market value in 2003. He's willing to pay when the player's demands are legit

I wouldn't pay Jennings anything more than $8-10 million guaranteed

I wouldn't pay Williams anything more than $6 million guaranteed

If teams out there pay them more, they are overpaying

Well said.

mysticsoto
03-02-2005, 08:05 AM
I have to wonder if they really wanted to keep Jennings to begin with. Both Jennings and his agent have consistently mentioned that no one from the Bills ever talked to them or even asked how much Jennings wanted. It was just assumed that he wanted alot. If you wanted to keep someone, you would atleast talk to them. Seems like it was planned all along to lose Jennings. Maybe they don't like his injury proneness??? As for Pat, well they made him an offer, it was just less than what Pat wanted (I think in the 3.4 Million range). In that case, Pat wanted 4-5 Million and refused to come down, so I have to agree with TD...let them go. We need young talent here anyway and we might actually already have it in DT.

For LT, McNally and TD have surely discussed a plan by now. And I'm trying to figure out what it is. It could very well be Mike Williams. They might have warned him to come into camp in shape and he'll get the Left Tackle position. If not, we could draft a Center, and Teague could move to LT which he's probably better suited for anyway. And then there's always Jason Peters who can play any position. :snicker2:

I am a little surprised that we haven't tendered an offer to Marcus Price. He's a pretty solid backup. And I'm going to guess that they might move Bannan to backup on the O-line also...

If "some" of this happens, our O-line won't be as weak as we might think it is right now.

BuffaloRanger
03-02-2005, 10:33 AM
They made Big Pat a lowball offer before last season. Didn't even talk to him after. Classy.

bigbub2352
03-02-2005, 10:46 AM
pat williams is a stop gap DT nothing more he does not rush the passer and his best yrs came when a pro bowler was next to him u can not over pay a 33 let one of the kids do the job rob edwards or tim anderson or go out and draft another one in the 3rd jonas jennings is so overratted ever since his shut down game against jason taylor , but who was the starting LT while our line sucked so bad the last 4yrs he was the reason for alot of the sacks plus he never plays a full season as well as barley playing a full game how many games did marcus price mop up for him not to count all the games he missed, dont panic there is better talent out there buffalo fans are afraid to lose there own but r quick to turn once we sigh someone be patient

AndreReed83
03-02-2005, 10:54 AM
I'd have to list Flethcer as a great catch too, I'm perfectly fine with having him as a Bill the rest of his career, I think he's just as or more consistent that any other MLB in the league.