PDA

View Full Version : Jennings Frustrated With Bills

Romes
03-01-2005, 07:21 PM
Starting left tackle Jonas Jennings is prepared to become a free agent, convinced there's no chance the Buffalo Bills will re-sign him. "They definitely had their chance. I wanted to come back," Jennings told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "But I have to go and let my star shine somewhere else."

Rest of article:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/03/01/bc.fbn.bills.jenningsbj.ap/

"They never even contacted us," Jennings said. "I don't know, I heard they were saying we were asking for too much. But it's hard to ask for too much when you don't even talk to them."

What is TD doing here? :madcurse:

It seems if you had any hope Jennings would be back it is slim to none.

Mr. Cynical
03-01-2005, 07:24 PM
"But I have to go and let my star shine somewhere else."

:lmao:

What a cheesy ass line. See ya JJ. :bigwave:

G. Host
03-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Good. He is not worth the dollars.

"Somewhat injury prone" - there were a lot of games where Jennings had to come out of game and even some where he said he was fine but he was ineffective due to injuries.

Tatonka
03-01-2005, 07:38 PM
that frustrates the hell out of me.. why not make him an offer?

Typ0
03-01-2005, 07:43 PM
TD said JJ wanted to test his value on the open market and he was going to let him do that. I would not be surprised if JJ gets a phone call by midnight expressing the Bills interest in having the option to match any offer made to JJ on the market.

Marvelous
03-01-2005, 07:50 PM
CYA JJ
I dont believe TD never contacted him. Like i would believe a thug like him anyways. :tired:

Novacane
03-01-2005, 07:53 PM
These guys are dumb knobs that believe anything thier agents tell them. I don't believe TD never called them.

Mr. Cynical
03-01-2005, 07:58 PM
These guys are dumb knobs that believe anything thier agents tell them. I don't believe TD never called them.
Agreed. He probably is saying that because he doesn't want to come off as a money grubber. "Poor me, I'll just have to let my star shine elsewhere" comes off as a victim of a brutal regime, hence he's trying to show he's not looking around just for more money.

cordog
03-01-2005, 08:03 PM

Even if he didnt call him, he made him an offer last summer, which was probably a pretty fair deal.

Crisis
03-01-2005, 08:04 PM
I'll miss him blanketing JT every game, though.

helmetguy
03-01-2005, 08:05 PM
I heard on WGR that JJ's biggest frustration is Cheerios. When it snows a lot, he can't get his Cheerios in Buffalo. You never have to worry about snow in Atlanta. If you get a hankerin' for Cheerios in Atlanta, you don't have to drive in the snow to get 'em.

cordog
03-01-2005, 08:09 PM
I'll miss him blanketing JT every game, though.

Wont miss Abraham burning him though

Dozerdog
03-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Jennings wanted Buffalo to blow him away with a deal, or to move south. I think the Giants will give him a fat contract offer

Crisis
03-01-2005, 08:30 PM
Jennings wanted Buffalo to blow him away with a deal, or to move south. I think the Giants will give him a fat contract offer

Didn't the Giants land Pace?

The_Philster
03-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Didn't the Giants land Pace?

nope...for 2 reasons
One...we still have almost 2 1/2 hours before free agency starts
Two...the Rams are determined to keep him

Crisis
03-01-2005, 08:50 PM
nope...for 2 reasons
One...we still have almost 2 1/2 hours before free agency starts
Two...the Rams are determined to keep him

The first reason doesn't stop them from verbally agreeing. (Like Moss)

I heard on finheaven that they agreed to send Will Allen their 2nd rounder and Toomer for Pace?

The_Philster
03-01-2005, 08:53 PM
The first reason doesn't stop them from verbally agreeing. (Like Moss)2 completely different situations. Moss is under contract...the Vikes gave him permission to seek a trade. Pace is a free agent at midnight...unless the Rams gave him permission to start looking at other teams (and with Martz stating he wanted to keep him, I see hell freezing over first), he can't talk to other teams nor can other teams discuss him

tomdonahoe
03-01-2005, 09:26 PM
I'm sure TD contacted his agent briefly sometime within the last year but the point is that we all know that Jennings' current market value is very high. Jennings is going to get big bucks not just because of his talent but also due to the slim crop of above-average LT avaiable. Plus the guy is a much better player than you guys make him out to be. He has dominated Jason Taylor everytime he plays him. He's certainly not in Pace's league but he an above average LT, which are difficult to find. Also the Skins just signed Samuels to a huge deal which is going to increase Jonas' value even more. The Bills simply can't afford him. I still think that Mike Williams should play LT. He makes too much money for him to be playing RT.

Wheresthekgun
03-01-2005, 09:41 PM
that frustrates the hell out of me.. why not make him an offer?
Something better up TD's sleeve

Philagape
03-01-2005, 09:46 PM
I just saw an update on the AP story (no link, right off the wire) that Pat is gonna walk, too:

Williams' agent, Angelo Wright, also believes his client, a defensive
tackle, will be seeking a new team once the NFL's free-agency period opens
Wednesday.
"Pat's more than likely to hit the market," Wright said. "They haven't made
me an offer."
Wright added he wasn't expecting one to come before Tuesday night's
deadline.

:mad:

Dozerdog
03-01-2005, 09:48 PM
The first reason doesn't stop them from verbally agreeing. (Like Moss)

I heard on finheaven that they agreed to send Will Allen their 2nd rounder and Toomer for Pace?
Consider the source.

Giants will send Garbage for one of the top OL men in the game and maybe a top 10mplayer in the NFL? Ludacris

Crisis
03-01-2005, 09:49 PM
Consider the source.

Giants will send Garbage for one of the top OL men in the game and maybe a top 10mplayer in the NFL? Ludacris

Garbage? Toomer is a good WR, Will Allen is a very underrated CB, and a 2nd rounder.

jpdex12
03-01-2005, 10:09 PM
"But I have to go and let my star shine somewhere else."

:lmao:

What a cheesy ass line. See ya JJ. :bigwave:
Yeah, kind of sounds like Bledsoe..."this is my team."

lordofgun
03-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Big deal. I've been frustrated with the Bills since 1987.

ShadowHawk7
03-01-2005, 10:47 PM
TD said JJ wanted to test his value on the open market and he was going to let him do that. I would not be surprised if JJ gets a phone call by midnight expressing the Bills interest in having the option to match any offer made to JJ on the market.

Interesting possiblitity..

Wont miss Abraham burning him though

He nullified Taylor twice.

Something better up TD's sleeve

Seriously, he's stiffing JJ, AND Big Pat. Geez.
:question: