X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Vikings: Moss deal nears completion

The Vikings were working Tuesday to clear several last-minute hurdles in hopes of announcing their blockbuster trade of receiver Randy Moss by late today. The complications are not believed to be deal breakers, but they might delay Moss' official arrival in Oakland until Thursday or later.

The Vikings and Raiders completed the structure of the trade last week. Moss would move to Oakland, while the Vikings would acquire linebacker Napoleon Harris and the No. 7 overall pick in the April draft. Today is the first day trades can be completed under NFL rules, and both Moss and Harris are scheduled to undergo physicals.

Harris arrived in the Twin Cities on Tuesday, and it is believed Moss was in Oakland. The timing of those physicals is one complicating factor; it is possible the results will not be fully evaluated until Thursday.

Another complication was the Raiders' request for the Vikings to restructure Moss' contract rather than doing it themselves; by having the Vikings rework it, the Raiders would not have to clear additional salary-cap space to fit him under the NFL's $85.5 million limit.

As of Tuesday night, however, the Vikings had made no move to change Moss' eight-year, $75 million contract that calls for a $7.25 million base salary in 2005.

Moss' official departure will be the Vikings' first major offseason move. The free-agent market officially opened for business early this morning, and the Vikings have more salary-cap space -- upward of $36 million -- than any other NFL team.

more
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
    The Vikings were working Tuesday to clear several last-minute hurdles in hopes of announcing their blockbuster trade of receiver Randy Moss by late today. The complications are not believed to be deal breakers, but they might delay Moss' official arrival in Oakland until Thursday or later.

The Vikings and Raiders completed the structure of the trade last week. Moss would move to Oakland, while the Vikings would acquire linebacker Napoleon Harris and the No. 7 overall pick in the April draft. Today is the first day trades can be completed under NFL rules, and both Moss and Harris are scheduled to undergo physicals.

Harris arrived in the Twin Cities on Tuesday, and it is believed Moss was in Oakland. The timing of those physicals is one complicating factor; it is possible the results will not be fully evaluated until Thursday.

Another complication was the Raiders' request for the Vikings to restructure Moss' contract rather than doing it themselves; by having the Vikings rework it, the Raiders would not have to clear additional salary-cap space to fit him under the NFL's $85.5 million limit.

As of Tuesday night, however, the Vikings had made no move to change Moss' eight-year, $75 million contract that calls for a $7.25 million base salary in 2005.

Moss' official departure will be the Vikings' first major offseason move. The free-agent market officially opened for business early this morning, and the Vikings have more salary-cap space -- upward of $36 million -- than any other NFL team.

more
    I really don't understand why the Vikings are doing this. And with so much money to spend...they seem to be doing nothing with it. It's no wonder the Vikings never go anywhere!!! I might grab Pat Williams as a good run stuffer to replace Chris Hovan. I think I'd grab Derrick Mason to replace Moss. If not Derrick, there are a ton of WRs that they could grab. Safety and LB are positions that Minnesota needs to work on. Maybe look into Marcus Bell (LB) from Texans and I'd probably grab Donavon Darius S for Jaguars???

Then, in the draft, I'd grab Marcus Spears (DE) so they can have a tremendous high pressuring line up front on defense. Then I'd draft an O-linemen in the 2nd rd and from there, fill in depth positions - like at CB, S, LB, etc.

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
      I really don't understand why the Vikings are doing this..
      Because Moss' antics cost them as many games as he helps them win
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Gunzlingr
        • Jul 2002

I am wondering if his injuries to his ankle and hammy are behind it. I bet they feel that in 3 years he is out of the league.
        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

Working...
        X