PDA

View Full Version : TD $14 million Man

juice
03-02-2005, 10:33 AM
I thought that the major reason for cutting Bledsoe was to free up money to go after Pat or Jonas.. I'm still waiting to see what Tom has up his sleeve.

JJ and PW are gone most likely to the Jets - who is TD planning to spend his $14 Million on.. I can understand not wanting to break the bank for JJ but I think more of an effort could've been made to lock up PW and to keep that D-Line together.

Maybe he's looking to use some of his Millions to lock up Nate Clements before he has to franchise him next year to get anything for him.

ddaryl
03-02-2005, 10:34 AM
LMAO

we only have 7.5 million to spend in FA. You've been living under a rock

clumping platelets
03-02-2005, 10:34 AM
$14 million?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=66697

Novacane
03-02-2005, 10:37 AM
I thought that the major reason for cutting Bledsoe was to free up money to go after Pat or Jonas.. I'm still waiting to see what Tom has up his sleeve.

As usual you thought wrong. The major reason for cutting him was they think JP is better

bigbub2352
03-02-2005, 10:37 AM
i think we will be mainly going after second teir free agents maybe extend the contract of nate clements or terence mcgee i would like them to make a run at mike wahle then we have no worries pat williams is 33 jonas is always hurt or coming out u have to remeber that the last 4 yrs alot of the sacks given up to bledsoe may it be him holdin the ball to long or not were given up by him or even so he was still the starting LT so how good is he really he did have an 11 time over ratted pro bowler next to him the whole time

juice
03-02-2005, 10:41 AM
So $14 Million was never Supposed to be the cap friendly #? Before the Bledsoe release it was supposed to be 12 Million with DB freeing up another 2 Million.

Now we need a LT, LG,C and a DT, not to mention a backup QB.

Dr. Lecter
03-02-2005, 10:43 AM
The 14 million was before bonus's and other incentives were figured in.

juice
03-02-2005, 11:08 AM
$14 million?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=66697That's what the Bledsoe cut was done under the disguise of having 14 Million to sign the FA and draft picks - we've lost PW and JJ.

Bulldog
03-02-2005, 11:12 AM
i think we will be mainly going after second teir free agents maybe extend the contract of nate clements or terence mcgee i would like them to make a run at mike wahle then we have no worries pat williams is 33 jonas is always hurt or coming out u have to remeber that the last 4 yrs alot of the sacks given up to bledsoe may it be him holdin the ball to long or not were given up by him or even so he was still the starting LT so how good is he really he did have an 11 time over ratted pro bowler next to him the whole time

Some punctuation would be nice every now and again.

helmetguy
03-02-2005, 11:17 AM
What disguise? We were never $12 million under, and TD necer represented that we were. Do yourself a favor, juice, and just stop thinking. You're safer that way.

Tatonka
03-02-2005, 11:20 AM
bledsoes release had nothing to do with the cap and everything to do with the fact that he sucked fat donkey balls and the bills cant win a big game with him.

Tatonka
03-02-2005, 11:25 AM

JJ and PW are gone most likely to the Jets - who is TD planning to spend his $14 Million on.. I can understand not wanting to break the bank for JJ but I think more of an effort could've been made to lock up PW and to keep that D-Line together.

Maybe he's looking to use some of his Millions to lock up Nate Clements before he has to franchise him next year to get anything for him.

you know how close to a wys guy post this sounds like? :rofl:

Shasta McNasty
03-02-2005, 11:31 AM
juice get your facts straight man.

juice
03-02-2005, 11:33 AM
What disguise? We were never $12 million under, and TD necer represented that we were. Do yourself a favor, juice, and just stop thinking. You're safer that way.Before Nate's bonuses kicked in we were further under the cap.

Are you a cap expert or is your Helmet cutting off circulation to your brain.. Guy?

DraftBoy
03-02-2005, 11:42 AM
Well he is right on some stage bc all the cap numbers around are higher than the one the site has listed, so what is our real cap number?

juice
03-02-2005, 11:46 AM
juice get your facts straight man.I'm going with the facts.. Man.

www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/8214758

Shasta McNasty
03-02-2005, 11:51 AM
I'm going with the facts.. Man.

First off we did not cut Drew to save cap $$$ this year. NOw I will check your link but the Bills do not have 14 million under the cap. What other facts you got?

bigbub2352
03-02-2005, 11:58 AM
So sorry for the punctuation mistakes, i am at work had to write fast, i will try and do better for you next time. Is that better?

Mr. Cynical
03-02-2005, 12:44 PM
bledsoes release had nothing to do with the cap and everything to do with the fact that he sucked fat donkey balls and the bills cant win a big game with him.
:rofl:

Mr. Cynical
03-02-2005, 12:47 PM

www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/8214758 (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/8214758):jawdrop:

For the first time he actually has facts to back him up. It does day $14M. However it does not say that we cut Drew to free up alot of money. Tonk's explanation is the reason.

buffalofan19
03-02-2005, 12:52 PM
:jawdrop:

For the first time he actually has facts to back him up. It does day $14M. However it does not say that we cut Drew to free up alot of money. Tonk's explanation is the reason.
I think it was a combination of both. Bledsoe's play was nowhere near worth what the Bills were supposed to pay him (and, yes, I am/was a Bledsoe supporter) and therefore not worth the cap space. However, the Bills were hoping to restructure and lessen the cap space and retain him, but it didn't work out that way.

Romes
03-02-2005, 12:59 PM

This link is more recent. It is a more detailed look. It also is from a more reliable source that is closer to the team.

It explains also why people might think the Bills had $12 mil in cap space.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050223/1067576.asp

:D

The_Philster
03-02-2005, 03:17 PM
I think it was a combination of both. Bledsoe's play was nowhere near worth what the Bills were supposed to pay him (and, yes, I am/was a Bledsoe supporter) and therefore not worth the cap space. However, the Bills were hoping to restructure and lessen the cap space and retain him, but it didn't work out that way.

correct...he was cut partly to save cap dollars. It wasn't just because his performance was poor...we wanted to have him as a backup but he refused.

Mr. Cynical
03-02-2005, 03:31 PM
Still say this is the most accurate explanation. Just ask the local donkey. :snicker:

juice
03-02-2005, 03:49 PM
correct...he was cut partly to save cap dollars. It wasn't just because his performance was poor...Dont let Shasta Cap-Nasty hear you say that.

The_Philster
03-02-2005, 04:07 PM
Dont let Shasta Cap-Nasty hear you say that.

If they can't handle the truth, they can put me on ignore

juice
03-02-2005, 04:19 PM
They cant handle the Truth

But if the Staff really wanted to retain DB as a backup, wouldn't they have told him he had to win an open competition at QB and outright beat out JPL as starter - instead they gave him the option that they knew he would pass on as a backup to an unproven 2nd year player.

DraftBoy
03-02-2005, 04:45 PM
Ok so what is the official cap number?

juice
03-02-2005, 04:50 PM
I think it's around 8 Million with the MW and NC bonuses.

Tatonka
03-02-2005, 04:54 PM
apparently you can be millions over the cap and sign and trade whoever you want..

see the raiders and redskins.

juice
03-04-2005, 12:27 PM
Ok so what is the official cap number?Does anyone know what the actual Cap # is.

I just dont know if TD can be trusted.. he hasn't even addressed what happened to the $14 Million.. just says there are some escalators and bonuses that noone knew about.

Jon Clayton says we're down around a Half- Million dollars.

Shasta McNasty
03-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Cutting drew saves on the cap for next offseason when he is off the books, if we wanted to save money by cutting Drew we would cut have him after March 2, but would have had to pay him 1.1 million in bonus money.

Bills have just under 7.5 mil avalable this offseason, cuts pending.

juice
03-04-2005, 02:21 PM
What's you source Cap-Nasty?

Winky, Winky where's the Linky?

Shasta McNasty
03-04-2005, 03:01 PM
juice, seriously I don't have the time right now, but I am not misleading you. If you do, find one that proves me wrong. When I have time I will get you your links. Hold me to it.

Shasta McNasty
03-04-2005, 03:03 PM
here is a start juice, what else you want me to back up with a link, the Drew savings issue?

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050223/1067576.asp