PDA

View Full Version : when will the madness stop?

spikeisfor79
03-02-2005, 10:46 AM
OK i am a sucker and year after year i set here and watch guys in football and baseball make so much money, more then i will make in a life time.

We as fans need to stop putting these players up so high. when will a player become more loyal to the team and the fams and hang around. this will never happen till owners become more loyal to players.

we as fans need to take a stand and force the nfl and mlb to start thinking of the fans and the towns that they are from and making it affordable for all of us to go. so the next time they strike remeber the nhl and let them hang for a year....... so what do you think?

ryjam282
03-02-2005, 10:50 AM
MLB will never have a salary cap. They are in a little better position then the NHL was cause of the lack of American interest. Baseball is "America's pasttime" it will never go away for long periods of time. Owners would lose too much money and would eventually give in to the players demands....I for one, know for sure that the players union would never agree on a salary cap of any kind....

ddaryl
03-02-2005, 11:04 AM
The NFL has a salry cap and it works well. Ticketa are affordable and theleague is balanced and fair.

I see no reason to boycott football unless the NFLPA demands the cap be lifted.

MLB sucks, never liked watching the sport, and it continues to get worse with the Yankees and now the Red Sox out spending the rest of the league. Thats not fair or balanced.

NBA has never been my thing, so I could care less about the direction it decides to go.

The NHL is in shambles, and until they get a hard manageable cap in place I will support the lockout. In fact I'm all for replacement players and a new begining to the league.

BuffaloRanger
03-02-2005, 12:12 PM
Replacement players? That's crazy. When I want to watch minor league hockey, I go to minor league games. Bettman needs to die in a plane that crashes into Goodenow's house.

Devin
03-02-2005, 12:26 PM
a salary cap in the nhl is not unreasonable at all. The owners are right, that being said starting over completley wouldnt hurt. Less greedy athletes always make for interesting tv.

Stewie
03-02-2005, 03:16 PM
I guarantee you that after two weeks of replacement hockey, the average sports fan in America could name as many scab players as former NHL players. And they could count them on one hand.

Voltron
03-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Prices are set by demand. If ticket prices are so high why do they sell out all the time? Personally I don't know of a cheaper season to buy tickets for. My Season tickets cost just over $350 for 8 regular games and 2 pre season games. Now I am so spoiled by the experience of being at the game I get bored watching the games on TV. If you think that it costs too much or some one makes to much money that is fine, you are allowed to have that opinion. If you don't buy the tickets some one else will. It all comes down to priorities and available cash. Buffalo Bills football is a high priority to me so I spend the money to be there. Obviously you have other higher priorities.

Voltron
03-02-2005, 03:48 PM
I also want to point out that part of the experience of going to the game is being in close proximity to 70,000 other people that are fanatic about the same thing you are. I can't tell you how many close friends I have made from this site and going to the games. I talk to a few zoners on the phone 2 to 3 times a month. Like I said ... Priorities :up:

The_Philster
03-02-2005, 04:05 PM
I also want to point out that part of the experience of going to the game is being in close proximity to 70,000 other people that are fanatic about the same thing you are. I can't tell you how many close friends I have made from this site and going to the games. I talk to a few zoners on the phone 2 to 3 times a month. Like I said ... Priorities :up:

no doubt...nothing better than watching a game with 70,000 of your best buddies :up:
As far as phone calls, I still can't begin to tell you how shocked I was to get that call in Seattle :laughter:

Voltron
03-02-2005, 04:20 PM
no doubt...nothing better than watching a game with 70,000 of your best buddies :up:
As far as phone calls, I still can't begin to tell you how shocked I was to get that call in Seattle :laughter:

While most people here don't like to publicly admit it ... You're one of the good ones Phil. :snicker:

:buddies:

I think we need to get more of the BZ crowd over at the Helmet Crew area. Next year I will no longer be a rookie member :D

Iehoshua
03-02-2005, 04:28 PM
While most people here don't like to publicly admit it ... You're one of the good ones Phil. :snicker:

:buddies:

I think we need to get more of the BZ crowd over at the Helmet Crew area. Next year I will no longer be a rookie member :D
I definitely will be going to a game or two this season! :up:

The_Philster
03-02-2005, 04:54 PM

:buddies::faint:

I think we need to get more of the BZ crowd over at the Helmet Crew area. Next year I will no longer be a rookie member :DI don't think that'll be a problem to be honest...most Zoners stop by there anyway :idunno:

I definitely will be going to a game or two this season! :up::up:

Mr. Cynical
03-02-2005, 05:02 PM
Although I probably risk getting :tomato:, I could stop by with my dad if we go to a game this year. :;

helmetguy
03-02-2005, 05:07 PM
Feel free to stop by, Cyn. We're actually easy to get along with!

The_Philster
03-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Although I probably risk getting :tomato:, I could stop by with my dad if we go to a game this year. :;

It's ok...we don't let helmetguy handle any sharp objects when he's out

Mr. Cynical
03-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Feel free to stop by, Cyn. We're actually easy to get along with!
:cheers:

Mr. Cynical
03-02-2005, 05:44 PM
It's ok...we don't let helmetguy handle any sharp objects when he's out
:lmao:

Michael82
03-02-2005, 06:26 PM
Prices are set by demand. If ticket prices are so high why do they sell out all the time? Personally I don't know of a cheaper season to buy tickets for. My Season tickets cost just over $350 for 8 regular games and 2 pre season games. Now I am so spoiled by the experience of being at the game I get bored watching the games on TV. If you think that it costs too much or some one makes to much money that is fine, you are allowed to have that opinion. If you don't buy the tickets some one else will. It all comes down to priorities and available cash. Buffalo Bills football is a high priority to me so I spend the money to be there. Obviously you have other higher priorities.
Good post, man! :bf1:

I totally agree. i'm so glad I got season tickets too. The game is much more fun when you are there and i feel the same way about being less into the away games now.

The_Philster
03-02-2005, 06:30 PM
Good post, man! :bf1:

I totally agree. i'm so glad I got season tickets too. The game is much more fun when you are there and i feel the same way about being less into the away games now.

I don't know...I was rather into the Seattle game in 2004 :;

Michael82
03-02-2005, 06:45 PM
I don't know...I was rather into the Seattle game in 2004 :;
I'm talking about the ones on TV! Duh! :shakeno:

The_Philster
03-02-2005, 06:46 PM
I'm talking about the ones on TV! Duh! :shakeno:

all but one home game was on TV :idunno:

Michael82
03-02-2005, 06:47 PM
all but one home game was on TV :idunno: