PDA

View Full Version : The sky is falling!!!!

Tatonka
03-02-2005, 11:24 AM
oh wait.. there is still 4 months left..

my bad..

:bikerbabe

Jan Reimers
03-02-2005, 11:40 AM

my bad..

No, T, I think you're right. If we don't sign someone TODAY, the Bills are done and the season is as good as over.

Shasta McNasty
03-02-2005, 11:54 AM
This is ridiculous....I am trying to cancel my season tickets but all lines are busy!

Sportsuser101
03-02-2005, 12:01 PM
I tried to cancel my season tickets but then I was told I don't have season tickets. Theres 1 less thing I had to do today...

BuffaloRanger
03-02-2005, 12:05 PM
The sky isn't falling, but TD has once again shown us "ungrateful fans" just what an unclassy GM he is.

Not even talking to Jennings or Big Pat's agents is pathetic. Regardless of whether he thought they would want to much.

gimpy
03-02-2005, 12:08 PM
The sky isn't falling, but TD has once again shown us "ungrateful fans" just what an unclassy GM he is.

Not even talking to Jennings or Big Pat's agents is pathetic. Regardless of whether he thought they would want to much.
Jonas = M. Wiley :tired:

Novacane
03-02-2005, 12:15 PM

Where are you getting this information?

Jan Reimers
03-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Where are you getting this information?
Exactly. How the Hell do we fans, sitting on the outside of all this, know anything about who talked to whom, and where, and when, and about what?

And why would we take as gospel anything said by a disgruntled player or his agent?

Mr. Cynical
03-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Duck.

THATHURMANATOR
03-02-2005, 12:50 PM

What does that have to do with class? If he doesn't want to resign them they he doesn't have too. Who cares?

BuffaloRanger
03-02-2005, 02:03 PM
The media, who's job it is to follow these matters, reported that no offers had been made. That no discussions took place. That's not just ESPN reporting. That's the Buffalo News and Rochester D&C with sources inside one Bills Drive. If there were ANY discussions the local media would have reported it. They would have loved to break that story.

Not talking to veteran players /agents (at the very least) to see their salary demands is unclassy. It shows other FAs that the GM will treat veteran players like crap.

Would it have been so difficult to meet with players to tell them "sorry, we need to go in a more inexpensive direction."

Imagine if Williams signs a contract with the Jets that the we as Bills fans all agree would have been a bargain for the Bills? Who wouldn't have wished TD spoke to him about his contract demands.

Time will tell.

Tatonka
03-02-2005, 04:52 PM
The media, who's job it is to follow these matters, reported that no offers had been made. That no discussions took place. That's not just ESPN reporting. That's the Buffalo News and Rochester D&C with sources inside one Bills Drive. If there were ANY discussions the local media would have reported it. They would have loved to break that story.

Not talking to veteran players /agents (at the very least) to see their salary demands is unclassy. It shows other FAs that the GM will treat veteran players like crap.

Would it have been so difficult to meet with players to tell them "sorry, we need to go in a more inexpensive direction."

Imagine if Williams signs a contract with the Jets that the we as Bills fans all agree would have been a bargain for the Bills? Who wouldn't have wished TD spoke to him about his contract demands.

Time will tell.

ok.. your right.. the sky is falling!!! the media is always right..

i heard the janitor told Len Pastabelly that TD hasnt ever actually spoken to either one since he came to buffalo.. he has a midget that delivers hand written messages to rusty jones.. and rusty jones relayed those messages to jonus and pat.. but then when TD decided he didnt want to discuss any kind of a contract with either.. he let rusty jones go... he still has the midget though.. he helps make the draft picks.

and i guarentee that jonus signs with someone for about 500k a year for 8 years and pat will probably sign for about 750k for 5 years.. and boy will TD and his midget really feel friggen stupid..

Mr. Cynical
03-02-2005, 04:55 PM
TD is not going to sign a single FA this offseason.

You heard it here, folks.

Tatonka
03-02-2005, 04:57 PM
but he will extend the contract of the midget.. you heard it here first.

ScottLawrence
03-02-2005, 04:58 PM
TD is not going to sign a single FA this offseason.

You heard it here, folks.

We are really tight with the cap.

We may sign a guy or two, but I don't expect any upgrades in any position this offseason.

Tatonka
03-02-2005, 05:02 PM
thats right folks.. the sky is falling!

shotgun
03-02-2005, 05:30 PM

i could not of said it better

ScottLawrence
03-02-2005, 06:01 PM
thats right folks.. the sky is falling!

Im not trying to be negative, just posting my oponion.

DynaPaul
03-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Jonas = M. Wiley :tired:

Ha! Marcellus Wiley. His departure was a prime example of the John Butler policy of giving players way too much money. How is old Wiley doing? Not too good from what I heard. He's in Dallas now after a stint in San Diego.

Bulldog
03-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Ha! Marcellus Wiley. His departure was a prime example of the John Butler policy of giving players way too much money. How is old Wiley doing? Not too good from what I heard. He's in Dallas now after a stint in San Diego.

He got cut by Dallas!

Philagape
03-02-2005, 06:15 PM
I don't care who treats whom like what. All I care about is the product on the field. I think history shows that TD is not shy with FAs when he has the money to spend ... Spikes, Fletcher, Milloy, Adams, Vincent, etc.

Dozerdog
03-02-2005, 07:38 PM

He offered Schobel, Williams, & Jennings contracts at the beginning of last season.

I'm sure TD knows what these guys want. What if these slick agents walked in and asked for $25 Million for 5 years with a $12 million signing bonus? I'm sure more fans would be pissed about over-paying these clowns now and slashing the roster later- cutting guys like Milloy, Spikes, and Moulds in 2 seasons (like the Titans and Raiders)

I'm sure it was completely classless to let Winfireld walk- and sign a $48 million deal with the Vikings (and he got $12 million of that last year alone)...or really classless to let Atlanta pay Price $45 million (did you know it will cost Atlanta $2.5 million to keep Price, but $7 million to cut him? )

People like yourself will be the first to ***** when the roster is purged and we go 4-12 in a "rebuilding" year. I'd rather follow the Pittsburgh model when the team is compeditive most years, with a few dissapointing seasons sprinkled in- rather than rolling the dice for a 2 season run then paying for it for 2-3 years after that.

Dozerdog
03-02-2005, 07:40 PM
We have two starters leaving as free agents. We lost one starter last year. WTF is the problem? I guess no one is allowed to leave.

Wheresthekgun
03-02-2005, 08:58 PM

my bad..

The sky isnt falling thats just TD peeing on us...